The Carton Show: Rumors of Dak Prescott being traded to the Raiders are floating around

DuncanIso

Reaction score
how does jerry have all the leverage if Dak has the contract that says no trade? and Jerry wants the draft picks!!!

I am trying to think like a 2nd grade girl logic. see if it works.
All Jerry cares about is getting draft picks for Dak.

If he cant get them, he still gets the $29million in cap from cutting Dak.

Dak doesn't have any leverage to counter that

It's really that simple.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
All Jerry cares about is getting draft picks for Dak.

If he cant get them, he still gets the $29million in cap from cutting Dak.

Dak doesn't have any leverage to counter that

It's really that simple.
dak has a no trade clause. Jerry can't just trade him. what part of that is so hard for you to understand?

what if Jerry finds a trade partner. he is happy with the picks. then Dak says no.

what is jerry going to do?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Not weak minded, weak manned. We have glaring holes. Those holes get covered up against weaker teams, but playoff teams abuse them. The D players kept playing hard, they simply were out manned.
but its all Dak's fault...never mind I had to take that dig.

this defense had the wrong scheme for that game and all year our LBs got abused because they were undersized. bill took the team to the shed. so did AZ. and GB just said, heck yes. let me abuse their LBs (safties).

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dak has a no trade clause. Jerry can't just trade him. what part of that is so hard for you to understand?

what if Jerry finds a trade partner. he is happy with the picks. then Dak says no.

This is a good point, no matter which side of the trade argument anyone comes from.

kskboys

Reaction score
but its all Dak's fault...never mind I had to take that dig.

this defense had the wrong scheme for that game and all year our LBs got abused because they were undersized. bill took the team to the shed. so did AZ. and GB just said, heck yes. let me abuse their LBs (safties).

Well said.

People turn to this silly BSPN narrative of effort. That's simply their soap opera drama crapp. I'm actually shocked at how many fall for it.

kskboys

Reaction score
Your made up grading scale is not accurate analysis.
No such thing as accurate when grading players, but it's very close. Comes from prolific reading and listening to scouts and a few others who know their stuff. And from watching, of course, w/ an objective eye. Declaring it not accurate w/ no reasoning given is very weak, BTW. Do better.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Not to toss water all over this fire, but I watch Cowboys Report on YouTube and Carton's "sources" are non-existent.

Carton claims his source of a Dak-to-Las Vegas trade are "Dallas sports radio talk". Except no such talk ever occurred.

Remember, this is the same guy that said Jerry Jones was selling the team. He also said after Dak's injury in 2020 talk was "floating" he would never play again. The only thing "floating" around Carton is a bag of hot air.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
No trade clause.

End of fake news.
While you are right that this is fake news, the Cowboys, Dak, and his agent can get together at any point and waive the no-trade clause.

Except, of course, for the little detail that the Cowboys, Dak, and his agent have had no contact at all that we know of.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Yes. I do.

It’s simple.

Trade is the same cap hit as a cut.

Jerry wants draft picks.

The no trade / no tag clause is meaningless.

Jerry has all the leverage.

He always has.
If the NTC is “meaningless” and Jerry “has all the leverage” then the reason Dak has not been traded is either because no one wants to give the Cowboys much for him or Jerry wants to keep him. Which do you think it is?

Big_D

Reaction score
Even with the no trade clause, wouldn’t it be wiser for Dak to accept a trade and get a long term deal than to play the last year with the Cowboys and risk injury? That’s the conundrum right now!

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score

Nobody want to be someplace they are not wanted. Dak already knows most of the fan base is over him and if he feels Jerry is kicking the tires he would probably consider a trade.

A change of scenery would do everyone some good.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
No trade clause.

End of fake news.

This really isn’t a big deal at all. They (Dak, jerruh, Spawn boy, and France) can agree to lift it at anytime and give Dak final say on his destination.

Personally I don’t see him getting traded. I see him playing out his year the team missing the playoffs, Dak moves on and Dallas banks on a comp pick in return. Because that’s the Cowboy way, they love comp picks.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Even with the no trade clause, wouldn’t it be wiser for Dak to accept a trade and get a long term deal than to play the last year with the Cowboys and risk injury? That’s the conundrum right now!
If the Cowboys trade Dak, the team he goes to will have to give up multiple early round draft picks to Dallas.

Would Dak and his agent find going to a team like that wise? He would end up with even less support than he has now with the Cowboys with no 1st round help in sight until what, 2026?