The Carton Show: Rumors of Dak Prescott being traded to the Raiders are floating around

Motorola

Reaction score
Same type of Phenom as Trance or different type of Phenom?
Gotta give you props 'Chasing6' - you've declared from day one the Trey Lance trade was a BIG MISTAKE by the Cowboys = GM Jerry Jones - and you're going to take every opportunity here in Cowboys Zone to let other members know before you feel it comes to fruition.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
Nah, Cousins didn't become a starter until 2015. Dak really only has one year on Cousins. I'm not comparing Dak to Josh Allen and Mahomes, where we know those QBs are better. I'm comparing to Kirk Cousins, who makes $45 million a year. It's laughable that Dak's camp is asking reportedly $60 million a year. No thank you. I'll take Cousins over Dak any day.
Lol...you guys use stats to benefit your case but when it comes to other QBs....you go by looks...lol. Have a good one dude. Lmao

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Lol...you guys use stats to benefit your case but when it comes to other QBs....you go by looks...lol. Have a good one dude. Lmao
No, I go by 1) Championships 2) Playoff records 3) Stats

Both Dak and Kirk have zero titles, Dak is 2-5 and Cousins 1-4, and they’re very comparable in stats. So, IF Dak's camp truly is asking for $60 mil a year and Cousins just signed for $45 mil a year, please provide evidence that makes Dak $15 million a yr better than Cousins. I'll wait.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Did someone say Rush was a leader of men?

Seriously? Your bias may be showing.

Whether you like Dak or not, don't pretend Rush is anything more than a back-up who was cut by this team and then the Giants before finding his way back here.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
No, I go by 1) Championships 2) Playoff records 3) Stats

Both Dak and Kirk have zero titles, Dak is 2-5 and Cousins 1-4, and they’re very comparable in stats. So, IF Dak's camp truly is asking for $60 mil a year and Cousins just signed for $45 mil a year, please provide evidence that makes Dak $15 million a yr better than Cousins. I'll wait.
Well, you only like 4 QBs. And to you, only 4 QBs are elite since there are only 4 that have won SBs in the last 10 years. Poor way to judge talent...especially considering Trent Dilfer at one time won a SB. Now I see where your common sense comes from. Carry on!

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Well, you only like 4 QBs. And to you, only 4 QBs are elite since there are only 4 that have won SBs in the last 10 years. Poor way to judge talent...especially considering Trent Dilfer at one time won a SB. Now I see where your common sense comes from. Carry on!
Now I see that you have to take personal shots at my common sense to ATTEMPT to get your point across, which I don't believe you’re good at. This is wrong with society today: X person doesn't agree with Y person, therefore X person doesn't have common sense. What's your problem?

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
no, not like that....13 points a game is historic good. Ravens in 200 gave up about 10. Bears a few years later around 12.5.....
so yeah, give me a defense like that. I show you some rings.
Maybe Rush’s play and him leading the rest of the offense had something to do with it?

Anyways, it’s not really the point. Dak has benefited plenty from one of the top TO and scoring defenses in the league for the past some years. They played well enough to win the last two playoff games against the 49ers, and Dak and the offense did not. This year, the defense suffered far too many injuries that made them go away from their standard defense and Dak still played awful in the first half.

No one is saying Rush is Dak, or he’s a top QB. However, Rush did throw for over 300 yards in the Minnesota game and led the team on drives to win multiple times, including that one. He played really well for a backup. They are saying too much money is being given too Dak for a lack of ROI, especially in the playoffs. And he only wants more now, which will take away from all of that.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Maybe Rush’s play and him leading the rest of the offense had something to do with it?

Anyways, it’s not really the point. Dak has benefited plenty from one of the top TO and scoring defenses in the league for the past some years. They played well enough to win the last two playoff games against the 49ers, and Dak and the offense did not. This year, the defense suffered far too many injuries that made them go away from their standard defense and Dak still played awful in the first half.

No one is saying Rush is Dak, or he’s a top QB. However, Rush did throw for over 300 yards in the Minnesota game and led the team on drives to win multiple times, including that one. He played really well for a backup. They are saying too much money is being given too Dak for a lack of ROI, especially in the playoffs. And he only wants more now, which will take away from all of that.
leading what? he was 22nd ranked or worse in almost every offensive statistical category? so how is it leading anything?

and Dak and the offense didn't play well enough to win. if Dak was Mahomes, then perhaps. but there is one Mahomes in a generation. with Rush, we wouldn't even be close. if the defense allowed more than 13 points.
and the defense benefited from feasting on weaker offenses and struggled mightily against better offenses.

and Rush threw for 300 yards....so Did Jason Garrett against GB on a thanksgiving game. and I find it funny, @khiladi keeps track of almost interceptions, yet completely ignored the biggest play of the game when the vikings player dropped a ball hitting him in the hand, bouncing up and right into a fallen Cooper's hand. I am sure somebody is going to say Dak has plenty of those type of throws.

and the fact that I keep mentioning, the defense average 13 points a game and even scored a couple of times to help. give me that kind of defense and trent dilfer and we win a championship. the problem is defense is not capable of sustaining that level of play season long. the defense and the offense benefited in playing some weaker teams when rush was playing.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
leading what? he was 22nd ranked or worse in almost every offensive statistical category? so how is it leading anything?

and Dak and the offense didn't play well enough to win. if Dak was Mahomes, then perhaps. but there is one Mahomes in a generation. with Rush, we wouldn't even be close. if the defense allowed more than 13 points.
and the defense benefited from feasting on weaker offenses and struggled mightily against better offenses.

and Rush threw for 300 yards....so Did Jason Garrett against GB on a thanksgiving game. and I find it funny, @khiladi keeps track of almost interceptions, yet completely ignored the biggest play of the game when the vikings player dropped a ball hitting him in the hand, bouncing up and right into a fallen Cooper's hand. I am sure somebody is going to say Dak has plenty of those type of throws.

and the fact that I keep mentioning, the defense average 13 points a game and even scored a couple of times to help. give me that kind of defense and trent dilfer and we win a championship. the problem is defense is not capable of sustaining that level of play season long. the defense and the offense benefited in playing some weaker teams when rush was playing.
Hater alert.