The Carton Show: Rumors of Dak Prescott being traded to the Raiders are floating around

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They know Dak is a scrub…
tenor.gif

kskboys

Reaction score
Dak doesn’t have the leverage to block a trade to LV.

Jerry has the Post June 1 card.

It’s all about the draft picks LV is willing to give up.
Block a trade? I guess you're unaware that Dak has a no trade clause in his contract.

khiladi

Reaction score
31 other teams proved Dak Haters are football illiterate......Cooper Rush contract after 2022 season...... back-up QB skinny legs noodle arm after 6 games......No Dawg in Cooper Rush DNA
And what does that make Dak when Rush was 5-1 with the same roster..

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Block a trade? I guess you're unaware that Dak has a no trade clause in his contract.
He does.

But Jerry has all the leverage.

if Dak doesnt take the trade, Jerry can do a post June 1 cut.

A trade has the same cap hit as a Post June 1 cut.

Jerry just wants the extra draft picks.

Dak gets nothing if he gets cut. ($29 Million on base salary for 2024.)

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Ummm....Dak has the 2nd most wins of any QB since 2019.

It makes Prescott a career starter :laugh: :laugh:
Its the terrible Post season record.

It cost Dak his job in the long run.

That's why Jerry made the Lance trade.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Ummm....Dak has the 2nd most wins of any QB since 2019.

It makes Prescott a career starter :laugh: :laugh:
A career starter that has not won a damn thing. Oh, but them jersey sales, them jersey sales. How many you own? lmao

giggle giggle

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
He does.

But Jerry has all the leverage.

if Dak doesnt take the trade, Jerry can do a post June 1 cut.

A trade has the same cap hit as a Post June 1 cut.

Jerry just wants the extra draft picks.

Dak gets nothing if he gets cut. ($29 Million on base salary for 2024.)
I've heard that said several times on here, I'm just not sure I buy it. Dak as a June 1st cut would almost certainly make more than $29M by signing a new contract with a new team. The only way I truly see Jerry having leverage is by telling Dak that he can accept a trade or be a backup for 2024.

After June 1st most teams will be tight on cap space, and the best way to lower the cap hit on a new deal is with up front money.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I've heard that said several times on here, I'm just not sure I buy it. Dak as a June 1st cut would almost certainly make more than $29M by signing a new contract with a new team. The only way I truly see Jerry having leverage is by telling Dak that he can accept a trade or be a backup for 2024.

After June 1st most teams will be tight on cap space, and the best way to lower the cap hit on a new deal is with up front money.
I dont think Jerry cares where Dak goes. Likely the reason he wasn't extended.

He just wants the draft picks + $29million Cap space.

If Dak plays out the 2024 season with us, we get nothing.

The big FA money is all gone, btw.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score

No issue with what you’re saying there, I’m just not sure that a June 1 cut is really leverage for Jerry.

Qcard

Reaction score
A career starter that has not won a damn thing.
But Cooper Rush is the twinkle in Dak Haters Eye.....
Dak Haters learned leadership through the Participation Era....
Dak Haters are born Entitled to every damn thing :lmao:
Oh, but them jersey sales, them jersey sales. How many you own? lmao

giggle giggle
Dak Haters are Capitalism Culture Cancelers unless you buy Cooper Rush Jersey...

We understand......:laugh::laugh:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
But Cooper Rush is the twinkle in Dak Haters Eye.....
Dak Haters learned leadership through the Participation Era....
Dak Haters are born Entitled to every damn thing :lmao:

Dak Haters are Capitalism Culture Cancelers unless you buy Cooper Rush Jersey...

We understand......:laugh::laugh:
Man, for about the last four of five of your posts you mention Cooper Rush. The rest of those words are meaningless word salad. By the way, your man crush sucks golf balls through a garden hose.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score

There will be no trade engineered (difficult because of the NTC) prior to the upcoming draft. Teams not named the Cowboys can and will free up FA money to sign who they want when they want. There is significant cap difficulties associated with simply cutting Dak Prescott. In addition, Dak plays out his deal and signs with another team next season the Cowboys don’t “get nothing”. They get a 3rd round compensatory draft choice in the 2026 draft.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
There will be no trade engineered (difficult because of the NTC) prior to the upcoming draft. Teams not named the Cowboys can and will free up FA money to sign who they want when they want. There is significant cap difficulties associated with simply cutting Dak Prescott. In addition, Dak plays out his deal and signs with another team next season the Cowboys don’t “get nothing”. They get a 3rd round compensatory draft choice in the 2026 draft.
Interesting take on the comp pick.

I never thought about that angle.

Good stuff.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I said his arm talent was special.

It's why he was the 1st overall pick...and Dak was a day 3 pick. He has an elite elite ARM.

Kirk Cousins would function better with a better team too.

You put Stafford on that Rams team and you win a SuperBowl (like he did)

You put Kirk Cousins on that same Rams team and he loses the NFC CG

You put Dak on that Rams team and you flame out in the Divisional game.

Dak has been on very good teams. So has Kirk Cousins. At the end of the day, they will get you to the same place...failure. unlike Stafford, who won a SB, because he has a world class arm.

He could probably be a star pitcher for a MLB farm team.

Dak wouldn't be a star pitcher for his high school
The NFL is more about having a world class arm. JaMarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf had elite arm talent too. Meanwhile Tom Brady and Drew Brees had questionable arm strength that concerned scouts when they were in college.

You claim Dak and Cousins would flame out on the Rams team that Stafford won it all based on what? Your opinion of Dak and Cousins? Meanwhile Stafford had next to no success in Detroit while throwing to receivers like Calvin Johnson?

It takes a team to win the Super Bowl. Dak or Cousins would have won it all with the team Stafford had around him. Meanwhile let's put Stafford on the 2023 Carolina Panthers. Think he wins the Super Bowl there because of his amazing arm talent?

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
The NFL is more about having a world class arm. JaMarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf had elite arm talent too. Meanwhile Tom Brady and Drew Brees had questionable arm strength that concerned scouts when they were in college.

You claim Dak and Cousins would flame out on the Rams team that Stafford won it all based on what? Your opinion of Dak and Cousins? Meanwhile Stafford had next to no success in Detroit while throwing to receivers like Calvin Johnson?

It takes a team to win the Super Bowl. Dak or Cousins would have won it all with the team Stafford had around him. Meanwhile let's put Stafford on the 2023 Carolina Panthers. Think he wins the Super Bowl there because of his amazing arm talent?
This all started because of the suggestion that Dak could feasibly earn the "Matt Stafford trade haul".

Matt Stafford earned that huge haul for Detroit, because other NFL teams valued his skill, and his arm talent, THAT much.

No team ever offered Minny a king's ransom like that for Kirk Cousins, because they considered him a bus driver. I think no team will offer that for Dak, or ANYTHING remotely close to it, because I don't think teams view him as being elite, having an elite arm, or having any elite traits at all.

But we don't have to argue this....because the NFL will show us who is right. Either Dallas will be offered some huge mega package, or they won't.

Qcard

Reaction score
Man, for about the last four of five of your posts you mention Cooper Rush. The rest of those words are meaningless word salad. By the way, your man crush sucks golf balls through a garden hose.
Is that what $45M per season can buy these days….a garden hose that sucks up the golfs balls in your backyard golf course?

Or what else are you implying?? :eek: :huh::lmao::lmao:

NIL Dak Haters…..the “players” aren‘t starving at the table and worshiping your QB1 Eye Test….

Golf course crew better draft a QB that knows how to lead a Lockerroom full of NIL lined pockets….Nobody cares if you are cool or anointed by the :espn: or Dak Haters:lmao::lmao:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Is that what $45M per season can buy these days….a garden hose that sucks up the golfs balls in your backyard golf course?

Or what else are you implying?? :eek: :huh::lmao::lmao:

NIL Dak Haters…..the “players” aren‘t starving at the table and worshiping your QB1 Eye Test….

Golf course crew better draft a QB that knows how to lead a Lockerroom full of NIL lined pockets….Nobody cares if you are cool or anointed by the :espn: or Dak Haters:lmao::lmao:
You forgot to mention Cooper Rush...try to keep up!

Dorsett33

Reaction score
No you are. He has panic attacks when he has at least an above average team. You put him on that 1-15 team from 1989 ( one of the worse in NFL history) , and he'd be done. I can picture him going out to Candlestick for the NFCCG and facing Steve Young. lol He can't even beat Brock Purdy. Those 49ers teams in the 90's were tough. Everybody considered those games the real SB.
Here's what a lot of you don't understand cause you act like it's a fight between Dak and Purdy...lol. Newsflash this is a team sport. Aikman looked bad because he didn't have a great team to surround him. No...Dak would have struggled with that team. Any QB would struggle with that team. This is the point I'm making....IT'S A TEAM SPORT. Dak is not the weakest link and he's not perfect.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
Dak is dividing this team. Even the players hate him. Nobody is sticking up for him.
I hope he's gone too so that these Dak supporters can see what trash he is when he folds on another team.
Wait..wait....and how do you know Dak is dividing this team! Lol...you can't make this ish up!