The Carton Show: Rumors of Dak Prescott being traded to the Raiders are floating around

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Here's what a lot of you don't understand cause you act like it's a fight between Dak and Purdy...lol. Newsflash this is a team sport. Aikman looked bad because he didn't have a great team to surround him. No...Dak would have struggled with that team. Any QB would struggle with that team. This is the point I'm making....IT'S A TEAM SPORT. Dak is not the weakest link and he's not perfect.
Yes, it is a team sport. And the point is to have players at their respective positions who are capable of working together to win a championship. However, because Aikman needed a good team around him to do so, does not make him and Dak (or any other QB) equivalent or their talent levels the same. The necessity of having good rosters for said purpose is not some equalizer of rosters nor of player capabilities and talent levels. There are ways to assess individual talent and play at respective positions and determine whether it is the fault of or lack in the player or not.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Here's what a lot of you don't understand cause you act like it's a fight between Dak and Purdy...lol. Newsflash this is a team sport. Aikman looked bad because he didn't have a great team to surround him. No...Dak would have struggled with that team. Any QB would struggle with that team. This is the point I'm making....IT'S A TEAM SPORT. Dak is not the weakest link and he's not perfect.
Dak is one of the weakest links. The last 2 playoff games he was awful. That last 49ers playoff game, if he plays even mediocre we win. And the defense played awful against GB but Dak didn't even show up. The QB absolutely can cost you games all by himself when he plays like that. I'm not saying that's what happened against GB because nobody showed up but we have no chance if the QB doesn't. He handles the ball on every play. As for that 89 team, that was beyond awful. Dak would have been out of the league if he had to play on that team. He would have had to face the NFCE Defenses that Aikman faced back then. Dak is very good at beating all the scrub teams in the league. He couldn't even beat the good teams in the regular season this year. And it's always a team sport when people are criticizing the QB. It never goes that way when people praise them. QB's are judged by wins and losses just like coaches. If they want to be great then that's what they have to do. It might not be fair but that's the way it is. That's how the HOF judges them too. Very few are in there without playoff successes. And that's also why the QB gets the big bucks. They are the one person on the team that can change the whole team just by being elite.

Star Guard_31

Reaction score
I initially avoided this thread because I figured it would be a you know what show. Then I saw it hit 45 pages and thought maybe I should check this out afterall. I should've listened to my first instinct. It's exactly what I thought it would be 44 pages ago.

basel90

Reaction score
Jerry has a plan.

#Lance
Could be. Not sure how good lance is as no one has seen him in action. But i think cowboys fans want to see him regardless of what San Franscisco 49ers thought of him.
Cowboys fans still remember that good things happened even when dak was away and Rush had to fill in . It proved Dak is not a major factor in that offense, just a capable bus driver.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
Yes, it is a team sport. And the point is to have players at their respective positions who are capable of working together to win a championship. However, because Aikman needed a good team around him to do so, does not make him and Dak (or any other QB) equivalent or their talent levels the same. The necessity of having good rosters for said purpose is not some equalizer of rosters nor of player capabilities and talent levels. There are ways to assess individual talent and play at respective positions and determine whether it is the fault of or lack in the player or not.
I don't care what QB is behind center. You need to good team playing great at the right time. If Aikman hadn't had that team....he wouldn't win...period. Has zero to do with Dak vs Purdy. Aikman vs. Young....lol. It's football. Not boxing or UFC.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I don't care what QB is behind center. You need to good team playing great at the right time. If Aikman hadn't had that team....he wouldn't win...period. Has zero to do with Dak vs Purdy. Aikman vs. Young....lol. It's football. Not boxing or UFC.
You should care about what QB is behind center because it's nonsense to think that any QB can just win with a talented enough team which is what "I don't care what QB is behind center" implies. There are only a limited amount of QBs (a fraction of the 32 possible in the league) that can win with talented teams. There are even fewer QBs in the same league that can win with less talented teams because that's just the nature of talent. There's this idiotic idea that is being implied by Dak-homers that if Aikman didn't have that team, then he couldn't have won a SB with another team. Marino didn't win with any team, but no one thinks he couldn't have won with a talented enough team. Just saying it's a team game doesn't automagically equalize QBs. No one knew that 1992 Cowboys team would win a SB until they went out and did it. They weren't even expected to win it that year, let alone go into Candlestick and win there, then blow out the Bills in the SB. Aikman was 11 TDs to 1 INT in those playoffs.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
Dak is one of the weakest links. The last 2 playoff games he was awful. That last 49ers playoff game, if he plays even mediocre we win. And the defense played awful against GB but Dak didn't even show up. The QB absolutely can cost you games all by himself when he plays like that. I'm not saying that's what happened against GB because nobody showed up but we have no chance if the QB doesn't. He handles the ball on every play. As for that 89 team, that was beyond awful. Dak would have been out of the league if he had to play on that team. He would have had to face the NFCE Defenses that Aikman faced back then. Dak is very good at beating all the scrub teams in the league. He couldn't even beat the good teams in the regular season this year. And it's always a team sport when people are criticizing the QB. It never goes that way when people praise them. QB's are judged by wins and losses just like coaches. If they want to be great then that's what they have to do. It might not be fair but that's the way it is. That's how the HOF judges them too. Very few are in there without playoff successes. And that's also why the QB gets the big bucks. They are the one person on the team that can change the whole team just by being elite.
To say Dak would be out the league, is stretching it by a long shot especially when you have someone like Trent Dilfer win a SB. Dak is not the weakest link on this team. GB game....the defense was the weakest link. You don't win playoff games giving up 30-something points. And in the playoffs is when it should be a defensive battle. No QB could carry his team if the defense gives up scores on every drives. And it wasn't just quick hittters, it was long drives. And we had a good defense....but you have to show up in the playoffs. The SF game. Dak didn't play well. But SF was the better team....period. Dallas had no running game. Pollard went out with an injury. Zeke wasn't good all year as far as rushing the ball. I can think of 5 or 6 weakest links on this team before Dak is in the conversation. But....if that's your opinion...it's your opinion. Many of you that want Dak gone.....we'll see how it is when it's more likely to be another 10 years before we're relevant. I wish he would waive his no trade clause and be traded. Just to prove many of you wrong.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
You should care about what QB is behind center because it's nonsense to think that any QB can just win with a talented enough team which is what "I don't care what QB is behind center" implies. There are only a limited amount of QBs (a fraction of the 32 possible in the league) that can win with talented teams. There are even fewer QBs in the same league that can win with less talented teams because that's just the nature of talent. There's this idiotic idea that is being implied by Dak-homers that if Aikman didn't have that team, then he couldn't have won a SB with another team. Marino didn't win with any team, but no one thinks he couldn't have won with a talented enough team. Just saying it's a team game doesn't automagically equalize QBs. No one knew that 1992 Cowboys team would win a SB until they went out and did it. They weren't even expected to win it that year, let alone go into Candlestick and win there, then blow out the Bills in the SB. Aikman was 11 TDs to 1 INT in those playoffs.
Trent Dilfer...I rest my case!

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Trent Dilfer...I rest my case!
I don’t know what this is supposed to prove for Dak. It’s taking one of the outliers in 60 years of SBs of only two teams with the greatest defenses in eras where free agency didn’t exist or had just started, and is trying to rebut an argument that was never made.

You sound like Jerry: 500 coaches could’ve won with that team.

khiladi

Reaction score
Ummm....Dak has the 2nd most wins of any QB since 2019.

It makes Prescott a career starter :laugh: :laugh:
And has the worst playoff record of any QB with 5 of more games…. 2019, he didn’t make the playoffs and 2020, can’t give him credit for the Giants game that Dalton won.. so he has 1 win.. had the best scoring defense and number 1 ranked defense the last two years.. plays in the NFC East..

Guess who had a better record in 2022 and 2020 than Dak? That’s right, Cooper Rush and Andy Dalton

Qcard

Reaction score
And has the worst playoff record of any QB with 5 of more games…. 2019, he didn’t make the playoffs and 2020, can’t give him credit for the Giants game that Dalton won.. so he has 1 win.. had the best scoring defense and number 1 ranked defense the last two years.. plays in the NFC East..

Guess who had a better record in 2022 and 2020 than Dak? That’s right, Cooper Rush and Andy Dalton
:lmao: :lmao:

This is pay discriminate. Dak Haters are soft on Capitalism :laugh:

khiladi

Reaction score
A career starter that has not won a damn thing. Oh, but them jersey sales, them jersey sales. How many you own? lmao

giggle giggle
Dak holds the records for most regular seasons wins that absolutely sucks in the playoffs, meaning least amount of success..

thank his lucky starts he’s been playing in the NFC East when it has been the absolute worse division in football..

Chasing6

Reaction score
What? Anyone who thinks any QB has or can win a SB by themselves is delusional.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
I don’t know what this is supposed to prove for Dak. It’s taking one of the outliers in 60 years of SBs of only two teams with the greatest defenses in eras where free agency didn’t exist or had just started, and is trying to rebut an argument that was never made.

You sound like Jerry: 500 coaches could’ve won with that team.
If you read your last post to me you'll know exactly what it means.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
so you are saying that Dak is not elite? and thus prone to making mistakes.
wow. this explains everything. I was so lost and confused. thanks for the clarification. :thumbup:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Could be. Not sure how good lance is as no one has seen him in action. But i think cowboys fans want to see him regardless of what San Franscisco 49ers thought of him.
Cowboys fans still remember that good things happened even when dak was away and Rush had to fill in . It proved Dak is not a major factor in that offense, just a capable bus driver.
he has had some action. he sucked in those.