The Case Against an Earl Thomas Trade

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
and that is where we disagree. I have no issue paying top players the money if they earned it. Thomas play is reason I would not mind paying him his worth. As for Seahawks we agree I would not be giving up a 1st or multi picks to get him.

His "worth" is affected by his status as a not free agent.

J12B

Reaction score
It is not a strength either, I don't want to just get by, getting by has gotten us beat by top QB, Where the hell were the safeties when Rodgers killed us on a 3rd and 25 picking up 30 on the play? Our safeties have a tendency to freeze on big plays late in game when you need guys to step up. I get it you don't want Thomas after all you started the tread myself I would love to have him I know he is a lot better than anyone we have at the spot

Heath actually had a game changing interception late in third quarter when Dallas was trailing 28-13. Heath also was the one responsible for putting GB in a tough spot on that 3rd and 25 by sacking Rodgers.

Maybe we should have had more production from our veterans and top paid corners (Carr, Scandrick, Jones, Claiborne) rather than relying on Heath, an undrafted free agent.

And again, are you kidding me? Big plays? Heath saved our season last year by flying across the field before Carr got in the endzone. Heath also made those plays above in the biggest game Dallas has played in since 2014.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
His "worth" is affected by his status as a not free agent.
I honestly think that if a trade goes down - you and I both are going to be a bit disappointed and we're going to have to swallow an extra round here, an extra pick there and a couple mill more than we would have liked.

We'll be mad. You will rage. I'll be quiet, or something will set me off...

And then we'll watch the play on the field and root for our team to win like Hell. And he just may be the guy that helps win a game, or three.
Such the life of a fan...

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I honestly think that if a trade goes down - you and I both are going to be a bit disappointed and we're going to have to swallow an extra round here, an extra pick there and a couple mill more than we would have liked.

We'll be mad. You will rage. I'll be quiet, or something will set me off...

And then we'll watch the play on the field and root for our team to win like Hell. And he just may be the guy that helps win a game, or three.
Such the life of a fan...

Sounds about right!
:laugh:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Your disingenuous debating is obvious.

You keep bringing up Pro Bowl because it's an easy accomplishment to punch a hole through when you argue he's a player in real decline. You can say the Pro Bowl means little because the fans vote and it's a popularity context.

Notice you never bring up the fact he was an ALL PRO last year. You basically refuse to mention that, always going back to Pro Bowl because you realize it shoots a massive hole in your argument here.

I've addressed that before but you probably just skipped over that. I'll sat it again. Just because he was last year is absolutely no guarantee he'll do it again this year or any other year. There's this thing called father time and no matter what you say Thomas can't beat father time. As a player gets older they get injured more and they slow down and their reaction time is slower. Since he hasn't reported to camp nobody knows what any of those are right now. Being 29 we all know that his best years are behind him. Now if he was 25 I would be all in favor or trying to get him but at 29 for what he wants, not so much.