The case for Pollard

aria

Reaction score
Too late and he is the best out there. Now all we can do is see what happens to Dak and Cooper.
Not according to the statistics he’s not and when he’s running behind the second best run blocking team in the league he better be.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Not according to the statistics he’s not and when he’s running behind the second best run blocking team in the league he better be.

Can't go by numbers, if so our QB is top 3 in the league this year. Look at the NBA, the beard is averaging 39 but don't get it twisted, he is still not better than the KING!

Loso86

Reaction score
From the start, I've liked this kid. Yesterday was the icing on the cake for me.

Pollard:
12 rushes for 131 yards

Elliot:
24 rushes for 117 yards

To me, the kid is just better than Elliot. Don't get me wrong. I think Elliot is a good back (not work the big contract though). But I think Pollard gives the dynamic of the "break-away" run as evident in his TD run yesterday. If that was Elliot, he goes down or is caught from behind.
See how he does after taking the beatings Zeke does and after picking up the key blocks and wearing them down. In sure zeke would look even better if he was as fresh as Pollard looks after Zeke wears them down. I do like him but he's still no Zeke

Retro88

Reaction score
Kamara is doing fine im sure considering he plays on one of the best teams in the the NFC and Zeke plays for a team scraping to make the playoffs.

We need more explosive plays... Zeke isn't providing them.

Team success is not relevant to this convo. Kamara is not having a better year then Zeke by any means and he's the poster boy for your entire argument. What about Murray? You take away his 2 starts and his stats are similar to Pollard. Dude just proved last year that he couldn't be the guy.

BTW, You're aware that currently the Cowboys and the Saints are hosting a home game on WC weekend?

Xeven

Reaction score
Pollard has vision , speed and very fast response time. He can break out we’re Zeke would be tackled. His situational awareness is excellent and he has ability to capitalize on that.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Am I the only one who realizes that without Zeke pounding the defense into submission pollard doesn’t get that lane to run thru? Why does it always have to be he’s better then him. They compliment each other. It’s simple. Also. I think it’s apparent you didn’t see that when Zeke was in the rams sold out to stop the run. When pollard came on in the second half the rams were lined up against the pass. It’s night and day the difference in how the rams played when pollard was in.

Also a lot of times Backup running backs do better because they are not the main guy, and teams don't plan and focus on them. Anyone Remember Troy Hambrick?

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
Polllard is the perfect complementary back to Zeke. He's like Lance Dunbar but talented and for real.

I look forward to three years of working him properly into the offense with the new coaching staff.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I don't think that I know that.

Production at the RB position is mostly based on attempts.

It proves out that way on a career level or 1 season level.

You can go year by year and who knows... You might get lucky and find an outlier but in general the attempts leaders are also the rushing leaders.

Todd Gurley is damaged goods btw and they made a huge mistake signing him.
:facepalm::muttley:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I'm saying stuff like attempts = production and explosive plays are one of the biggest deciding factors in games and it's baffling you.. lol, like come on. This is common knowledge.
production as in fantasy football production...too funny. common knowledge for the fantasy football generation....you are really limited aren't you...

kskboys

Reaction score
Pollard has vision , speed and very fast response time. He can break out we’re Zeke would be tackled. His situational awareness is excellent and he has ability to capitalize on that.
Zeke has power. He can gain yards by powering forward where Pollard cannot.

Seriously, why do people think Rb's are only good if they possess long speed? I mean, this way of thinking means you think Emmit was trash.

EJK24

Reaction score
If Zeke gets the bulk of the carries and runs the way he did yesterday and Pollard can spell him and be effective, I dont care where we rank them or our o-line because the team will be winning games and thats what we need right now.

Both players deserve their share of credit yesterday and rather then it become a player vs player thing, lets be happy two backs on our team played that good. Nice problem to have at this time of the year.

zeroburrito

Reaction score
he definitely looks better than zeke when he's on the field with his speed and vision, but that may be because zeke is running most of the time.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Pollard had 3 “splash” plays on 12 carries, including a home run.

It should be clear now to everyone that while Zeke is still the man, his big play ability is gone. It should have already been clear but yesterday should convince the remaining doubters.

I really think that Zeke is a bit out of shape or a little too heavy. In his rookie year he weighed around 215 and chiseled. Now it seems like his around 225-230.

Retro88

Reaction score
Zeke's a top 5 rusher because he has 270 carries.

Just like Chris Carson and Derrick Henry are top 5 rushers because they have 270 carries. So what?

It's not a coincidence that the leaders in Carries are the leaders in yards. It's also not a coincidence that they are getting those carries. You forget Penny has been given every opportunity to snatch that job. So has the backup for the titans. It's not a coincidence that they haven't. Every teams dream scenario is what the Saints were.

Reality says it's really really not likely to happen.

Cmac

Reaction score
And he didn’t do anything Pollard couldn’t do which is proven by the stats but Jerry over paid him because he acted like the diva baby he is.
Paid for by the "Zeke Fall Guy Campaign"....what would Zeke have to do to win you over......play for peanuts? We know Zeke could run for 199 yds, and that wouldn't be enough.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Zeke has power. He can gain yards by powering forward where Pollard cannot.

Seriously, why do people think Rb's are only good if they possess long speed? I mean, this way of thinking means you think Emmit was trash.

its just #ZekeHate

he will be gone in a few seasons.

then the haters will realize what they had.

Quickdraw

Reaction score
its just #ZekeHate

he will be gone in a few seasons.

then the haters will realize what they had.
It isn't Zeke hate. Good lord. You guys read into things way too much. Obviously people can't have "opinions".