The case for Pollard

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Reason why Dallas shouldn't of buckled and signed 90 million. Let him sit. Pollard and Morris would've been fine by me.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Fantasy points...
Garbage time =real football in fantasy land. Il

In real football we tend to distinguish and understand the difference

They don't distinguish anything. You do to fit your argument.

Nobody is discrediting total yards of any kind when it comes to top rushers in real football.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
we were just saying a few weeks ago how long it had been since 2 backs had 100 in the same game, now it happened again. Does anyone know this history of multiple double 100 games in a season?

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
speaking of history Dak became the 2nd qb in Cowboys history to have 1,000 career rushing yards

JMPearson

Reaction score
The Cowboys need both they need to use them both and they need to be on the field together more, Pollard is a tougher runner then many on here give him credit he had 124 yards after contact against the Rams but I doubt he can do that 23 touches a game. There no reason why they cant be in pro form a little more or even Zeke at FB once in awhile in the eye. Dallas needs to continue to use different formations etc.

dallas72

Reaction score
From the start, I've liked this kid. Yesterday was the icing on the cake for me.

Pollard:
12 rushes for 131 yards

Elliot:
24 rushes for 117 yards

To me, the kid is just better than Elliot. Don't get me wrong. I think Elliot is a good back (not work the big contract though). But I think Pollard gives the dynamic of the "break-away" run as evident in his TD run yesterday. If that was Elliot, he goes down or is caught from behind.
1 Pollard has NEVER been a feature back..averaged 7 Carrie's in college
2. Pollard is faster but cannot take the pounding 25-30x a game 16 games
3. Pollard went off AFTER Dallas was up by 25+ Zeke did all the dirty work..dont get it twisted if u think Pollard is better or can replace Zeke

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
3. Pollard went off AFTER Dallas was up by 25+ Zeke did all the dirty work..dont get it twisted if u think Pollard is better or can replace Zeke

Carrie Fisher, Carrie Underwood, and that chick from the Stephen King movie …

I can only come up with 3.

Froski

Reaction score
Is this the Randle/Murray thing all over again? Yeah Pollard is a dog.But he's not a workhorse

They're kind of like LT and Sproles if you ask me. Serious potential there.

blueblood70

Reaction score
this is exactly most of uss' point, other then those who already were Dak detractors and every time pollard does anything its shark infested waters..

I know how football works and #3 on your list is it..when the lead back and the oline totally beats up a defense, wears them down, and you have a fresh back with fresh legs going against a defense who have all but given up, thats how those broken tackles or arm tackles happen more often, not the same effort as when live fire was happening.. Zeke gets the defense punch drunk and tags in pollard for the final blow and Pollard is better.. lol

I lie Pollard, glad we have a draft pick that going to contribute and a RB2 that actually Zeke can trust to take breather and not have a total drop off like Smith..its agreat Dup but dont get it twisted that wouldn't be happening if Pollard were the RB workhorse.. He good but hes not Zeke..sorry but yes as duo lets rock, im happy for all our players when they do well..

Just appreciate both..

kskboys

Reaction score
You guys do realize this topic was about an opinion and not hate towards a player. Not sure why you insist on calling it such.
Couldn't agree more. I'm on the opposite side of this of my old friend Quicks, but it's just opinion. Why not just explain why you feel otherwise and discuss it?

Quickdraw

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more. I'm on the opposite side of this of my old friend Quicks, but it's just opinion. Why not just explain why you feel otherwise and discuss it?
Doesn't matter now. I'm old so I forgot why I brought the topic up. :confused:

kskboys

Reaction score
Carrie Fisher, Carrie Underwood, and that chick from the Stephen King movie …

I can only come up with 3.
I could see a couple of Carries, but to average 7? Is that per year? Per semester?

Last edited:

Lutonio

Reaction score
I really like Pollard and wouldn't mind the team increasing his usage and getting creative, but he came in last game after Zeke had utterly broken the Rams spirit. It was good to see a return to from from him.

kskboys

Reaction score
I love both backs. IMO, we have a top 5 RB and a top 5 scatback. I love the way we used them last game, hope it keeps up.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
I love both backs. IMO, we have a top 5 RB and a top 5 scatback. I love the way we used them last game, hope it keeps up.
I agree. To be honest, I see no point in a Zeke v. Pollard thing.
Both are here, and both bring plenty to the table.
I wish we were featuring both in the passing game more.
Get Pollard rushing outside the tackles.
Let Zeke pound the Defense.
A creative, offensive-minded head coach could have a lot of fun with these two on the field at the same time.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
To me, the kid is just better than Elliot. Don't get me wrong. I think Elliot is a good back (not work the big contract though).

You’re wrong he’s not better than Zeke. He’s got more burst and he’s shiftier/quicker but that’s it. Zeke is much more powerful and wears down defenses. He softened up the defense for Pollard against the Rams. Zeke is much better between the tackles picking up the dirty tough yards. Pollard would never be nearly as effective as an every down back. This reminds me of the days of Darren Hambrick and Marion Barber.

Both were very effective in their roles as backups. They were so effective in their roles everyone thought they would be great starters including Jerry and he was wrong! Once they became starters neither back was nearly as good. It was the same thing with Felix Jones, he was terrific in his role as a backup but was never as effective as a starter. I knew after Pollard broke that long TD run in the closing minutes of the game a thread like this would come up. lol