The case for Pollard

Red Dragon

Reaction score
Pollard has the humility, speed and hustle effort that Zeke lacks. We ought to take away 1/3 of Zeke's contract payday and give it to him. (Yes, I know, impossible, but my wish)

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Pollard has the humility, speed and hustle effort that Zeke lacks. We ought to take away 1/3 of Zeke's contract payday and give it to him. (Yes, I know, impossible, but my wish)

More #ZekeHate

Can't appreciate having an elite RB.

Wants to replace him as soon as possible.

Quickdraw

Reaction score
More #ZekeHate

Can't appreciate having an elite RB.

Wants to replace him as soon as possible.
Knock it off with the Zeke hate crap dude. It's a freakin opinion. Take it at face value already. Good lord man.

slick325

Reaction score
I like Pollard as the complementary RB. Feature him week after week and I doubt he stays healthy (since he never carried a full load even in college). Holes in his game may be exposed (how does he hold up in pass pro?). The kid is making the most of his opportunities and bringing a spark late in the season due to being so fresh. Enjoy it. But never confuse this kid being better than or equal to the guy starting at RB in Dallas. Pollard was never better than Zeke in high school, never better than Zeke in college, he isn't better than Zeke was as a rookie and he is not better than him as a player and RB now. So please stop with the narrative.

Quickdraw

Reaction score
You guys do realize this topic was about an opinion and not hate towards a player. Not sure why you insist on calling it such.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Remember when Randall average 7.0 yards a carry and said Murray left meat on the bone. It was a very different story when he became the lead back (even before the implosion).

I do remember that. He averaged 4.1 ypc when he was lead back. Dez got hurt in the first game and TWill became the #1 receiver and then Romo got hurt in the 2nd game and Weeden was the QB, followed by Matt Cassel. Then Randle got benched because he was stretching the ball over the goal line and eventually cut that year.

But, 4.1 ypc Randle produced with back up QBs and no #1 WR has been laughable since. Then Zeke did it in 2017 and Dak was blamed.

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
From the start, I've liked this kid. Yesterday was the icing on the cake for me.

Pollard:
12 rushes for 131 yards

Elliot:
24 rushes for 117 yards

To me, the kid is just better than Elliot. Don't get me wrong. I think Elliot is a good back (not work the big contract though). But I think Pollard gives the dynamic of the "break-away" run as evident in his TD run yesterday. If that was Elliot, he goes down or is caught from behind.

Pollard has a lot of pluses and is a great compliment to Zeke. But for those saying Zeke is off, or hasn't played well, they are simply wrong. When you look at the three-game losing streak, Zeke played well when he had the ball. You can't gain yards if they don't hand the ball off to you. And as another poster stated, if Zeke wore that defense down all day. Take away the 46 yard TD run by Pollard and his stats normalize quite a bit. By that time of the game, the O Line and Zeke had pummeled that defense.

shabazz

Reaction score
You guys do realize this topic was about an opinion and not hate towards a player. Not sure why you insist on calling it such.

Hate, is the 2020 language for anything less than adoration. Its exactly the same for discussing Dakota as well. If the "hate" word is used, it deflects from the debate and makes it personal. Saul Alinsky 101

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Pollard has a lot of pluses and is a great compliment to Zeke. But for those saying Zeke is off, or hasn't played well, they are simply wrong. When you look at the three-game losing streak, Zeke played well when he had the ball. You can't gain yards if they don't hand the ball off to you. And as another poster stated, if Zeke wore that defense down all day. Take away the 46 yard TD run by Pollard and his stats normalize quite a bit. By that time of the game, the O Line and Zeke had pummeled that defense.
Let’s take away all of Pollard’s big runs (25, 33, 44) and that leaves him with 9 carries for 29 yards (3.2 ypc).

Take away Zeke’s 3 biggest runs to be fair (15, 12, 10) and that leaves him with 21 carries for 80 yards (3.8 ypc).

Take away the big runs and neither RB looks impressive. I thought our offensive line was blowing open holes all day.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Agree.

We probably have 3-4 seasons of Zeke left.

The same for Dak.

It goes quick.
Am wondering about Elliot. He may fizzle out but who knows. Dak I think gets the contracts for the next 10 years. Unless he seriously regresses. He isn’t signed now because JJ wants a longer term deal and Dak wants to cash in twice.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Am wondering about Elliot. He may fizzle out but who knows. Dak I think gets the contracts for the next 10 years. Unless he seriously regresses. He isn’t signed now because JJ wants a longer term deal and Dak wants to cash in twice.

if a QB lasts 8-9 seasons, they are doing good.

Romo made it through 9 playing seasons.

Dak is finishing his 4th season.

We can expect 4-5 more seasons for Dak.

It goes quick man.

aria

Reaction score
Can't go by numbers, if so our QB is top 3 in the league this year. Look at the NBA, the beard is averaging 39 but don't get it twisted, he is still not better than the KING!
Can’t go by numbers unless you’re talking about Zeke’s rushing titles, then that’s all that matters, right? :rolleyes: