The Celtics are Nasty!

MC KAos

Reaction score
im glad the celtics are doing well, and i hope they make it to the finals. If the celtics get to the finals more people will watch and see how great a team the spurs are after we dismantle them. You really cant fault the celtics on their schedule, i mean they are winning with what they got. but at the same token you cant crown them anything because they are beating a bunch of crappy teams. I said it before, ill be ready to give them some props when they go through that tought part of their schedule when they play the texas teams, phoenix, and i think Utah? all in like a 2 week span. the only good teams they have played have been the warriors, who at the time i dont think had stephen jackson, the heart and soul of that team, orlando, who they lost to, and cleveland, who they lost to once and beat, but when LBJ was hurt.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
Rampage;1817968 said:
they are acting like the pats and blowing out bottom feeder teams. they haven't played anybody decent yet except orlando and they lost to orlando.

What are you talking about, the Pats beat us. If you are talking about a team killing bottom feeders, try using Green Bay as an example.

I'm not judging the Celtics one way or the other. I'm not going to "crown em" because they've killed weak eastern conference teams. At the same time, I'm not going to say they can't kill talented western conference teams. We won't know until they play them. I wouldn't be suprised if they beat some very good Western Conference teams. They have great chemistry and are very unselfish.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
To all the West coast fans giddy bravo on Spurs recent past glory, and beating down Celts this year as a weak East Team....

be careful, this is a very dangerous team....

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
Nors;1818800 said:
To all the West coast fans giddy bravo on Spurs recent past glory, and beating down Celts this year as a weak East Team....

i don't think anyone is saying they are a weak team. they are a good team.

but they play in a weak conference, which means the bulk of their schedule will be inferior opponents.

which in turn means, we won't know what we really have out there until may and june.

but if i was the spurs, there isn't a team in the nba right now putting the fear of god into me. notorious for being slow starters, we're already 17-3, 2-0 without duncan, and horry is working on game number 4.

we'll be ready.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Nors;1818800 said:

like philly said, we arent saying the celtics are a weak team, but they havent played anyone yet, so we really dont know how good they really are, the packers are a good analogy. but like you said, they can only play whose on their schedule. all ive been trying to tell you is they havent played anyone yet so ill refrain from putting them on an elite level until they beat elite teams

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
17-2 is a sign that Celts are dominant....

Undefeated to date against West but agree they need to beat the rest of West before NBA deems them contending. I'm lucky enough to see the Celts in person and TV and know they are. Many West and Texan fans, beware what is coming your way.....

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
3 Men and a Baby!

18-2 - we march on

Davis helps Boston to 90-78 win By HOWARD ULMAN, AP Sports Writer
47 minutes ago

BOSTON - Big Baby was the big man for the Boston Celtics.

ADVERTISEMENT

Rookie Glen Davis made his first start since taking his power game and cute name to the NBA from LSU and led Boston to a 90-78 win over the Sacramento Kings on Wednesday night that kept the Celtics unbeaten at home.

The young-looking 289-pound center had 16 points and nine rebounds, and made all 10 of his free throws as Boston improved to an NBA-best 18-2.

He started in place of Kendrick Perkins, who hurt his right big toe in a bizarre incident at home. Part of Perkins' bed fell on his foot Monday night when he tried to fix it after it tilted to one side, he said.

But Davis was on the bench when the fourth quarter started and the Celtics clamped down on defense, outscoring the Kings 22-14 in the final period.

Paul Pierce led Boston with 26 points, Ray Allen had 15 and Kevin Garnett added 11. Sacramento, playing its fourth straight game without their injured leading scorer, Kevin Martin, got 16 points each from Ron Artest and Beno Udrih and 14 from Mike Miller.

For the first time this season, the Celtics' starting five was different.

And that was a huge difference from last season when they used 26 different starting combinations and went 24-58 and didn't get their 18th win until they had lost 43.

Newcomers Garnett and Allen are the biggest reasons for that. But Davis has made an impact off the bench before getting his first start since being drafted in the second round.

Boston was leading by just two points before he finished the third quarter with two free throws that made it 68-64. The Celtics then pulled away, starting the fourth quarter with a 9-2 run that put them ahead 77-66 when they called a time out with 5:10 left.

Their biggest lead was 87-70 on two free throws by Pierce.

The Celtics improved to 11-0 at home, one win short of their franchise record set in 1984-85. Their best full-season home record is 40-1 in 1985-86 when they won the last of their 16 championships.

Sacramento dropped to 0-9 on the road.

The Celtics were rested after their longest stretch without a game, three days, since they won in Chicago on Saturday night. But the Kings stayed closer than most of their opponents for much of the game before they pulled away for their 15th double-figure win of the season.

Sacramento led 45-44 at halftime after Boston squandered a 31-19 lead in the second quarter. Only outstanding free throw shooting kept it close as the Celtics made all 14 shots from the line. They were way off target from long distance, making just 2 of 15 attempts from 3-point range.

Garnett, limited to 14 minutes in the first half because of foul trouble, started the second half and helped Boston take a 56-53 lead by scoring the last three points in a 12-6 run.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Celtics 18-2
Spurs 17-4
Phoenix 16-6
Dallas 14-9

Honestly, the West dominator pedigree clan might want to at least start to contemplate a beast in the east is now there.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Nors;1830127 said:
Celtics 18-2
Spurs 17-4
Phoenix 16-6
Dallas 14-9

Honestly, the West dominator pedigree clan might want to at least start to contemplate a beast in the east is now there.

Yawn.........Celtics are garbage and so is the Leastern Conference, wake me up when they do something in late April, May, and June.....once again the Champs will come from the Bestern Conference.

GO SPURS GO

MC KAos

Reaction score
Nors;1830127 said:
Celtics 18-2
Spurs 17-4
Phoenix 16-6
Dallas 14-9

when kansas, i mean boston, starts playing good teams and beating them ill admit they are a "beast" right now they are just doing what they should be doing, beating up on crappy teams, its nothing special. beating up on crappy teams in december doesnt equal best team in the end, ask the 2006 mavs

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
The Celtics detractors here at some point when Celtics are winning at a .900 clip might want to at least consider them for real.

I see a lot of denial and overconfidence in West going back to the PAST.....

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
I'm not as eager to discuss every single Celtics game, but I admit that it's nice to finally have something to debate about in the East.

Oh, and if anyone asks, I got my whiplash from a bunch of Mavs fans jumping off the bandwagon. :mad:

thekavorka

Reaction score
the mavs need to seriously scrap this isolation offense and learn how to pass the ball and get assists

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
thekavorka;1830217 said:
the mavs need to seriously scrap this isolation offense and learn how to pass the ball and get assists

Keep preaching...

MC KAos

Reaction score
Nors;1830160 said:
The Celtics detractors here at some point when Celtics are winning at a .900 clip might want to at least consider them for real.

I see a lot of denial and overconfidence in West going back to the PAST.....

its just a little premature to be declaring them anything at this point in the season and with that weak schedule they have had so far, thats all.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
18-2 going into tonights game = .900 winning %

24.39% of season booked

If they can continue at this pace it will put them in discussion as one of the more dominant teams of all time.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Nors;1832390 said:
18-2 going into tonights game = .900 winning %

24.39% of season booked

If they can continue at this pace it will put them in discussion as one of the more dominant teams of all time.

good thing they have already played all the good teams right.....oh wait:bang2:

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
MC KAos;1832485 said:
good thing they have already played all the good teams right.....oh wait:bang2:

Even a dynasty team like the Spurs has 5 losses.
What the Celtics are doing is impressive.