The Celtics are Nasty!

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
lol the hypocrits in this thread are amazing.

they're trying to minimize the success the celtics are having become some teams arent doing as good? but they damn people to hell for doing that the cowboys and come up with every answer imaginabl to defend the cowboys.

hypocrisy must be bliss.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Nors;1832630 said:
Even a dynasty team like the Spurs has 5 losses.
What the Celtics are doing is impressive.

ya, i forgot the NBA championship was won in DECEMBER!!! guess the mavs must be a dynasty

LatinMind;1832767 said:
lol the hypocrits in this thread are amazing.

they're trying to minimize the success the celtics are having become some teams arent doing as good? but they damn people to hell for doing that the cowboys and come up with every answer imaginabl to defend the cowboys.

hypocrisy must be bliss.

what the hell are you talking about, this isnt the NFL, there is no parody in the NBA, its comparing apples to oranges

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Garnett leads All-Star voting

December 13, 2007
NEW YORK (TICKER) -- With Kevin Garnett and the Boston Celtics out to such a fast start, it is no surprise that the superstar forward is the early leader in All-Star voting.

In the first returns of fan balloting released Thursday, Garnett is the leading vote-getter among all players for the 2008 NBA All-Star Game, which will be played in New Orleans on February 17.

The 2004 league MVP, Garnett has 735,664 votes, nearly 140,000 more than LeBron James (597,768) of the Cleveland Cavaliers, the second-leading vote getter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Since being acquired by Boston on July 31 in a blockbuster trade with the Minnesota Timberwolves, Garnett, a 10-time All-Star, has led the Celtics to a league-best 18-2 mark.

James, the reigning All-Star Game MVP, follows Garnett at the forward spot in the Eastern Conference.

Dwight Howard of the Orlando Magic leads Eastern Conference centers with 596,187 votes, with the Dwyane Wade (470,921) of the Miami Heat and Jason Kidd (342,468) of the New Jersey Nets pacing the conference's guards.

Los Angeles Lakers guard Kobe Bryant leads all Western Conference players with 569,302 votes - the fourth-highest total.

Denver Nuggets forward Carmelo Anthony is second to Bryant in the Western Conference with 482,127 and is followed by 2007 league MVP Dirk Nowitzki of the Dallas Mavericks with 443,117.

Houston Rockets swingman Tracy McGrady joins Bryant as one of the top two guards in the West, while teammate Yao Ming leads all Western Conference centers (439,125).

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
thekavorka;1833221 said:
you don't agree? you're fine with the offensive system they have now?

Sorry, missed signals. I guess I should have said Amen!

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Now 19-2 - Team resting Allen
Best start in Franchise history
Best start ever in Franchise history at home - still undefeated
undefeated in December

The NBA Finals looking like it goes through Boston......

Celtics beat Bucks 104-82 for franchise-record 12-0 start at home

Preview - Box Score - Recap

By JIMMY GOLEN, AP Sports Writer
December 14, 2007

AP - Dec 14, 9:41 pm EST
More Photos

BOSTON (AP) -- Paul Pierce scored a season-high 32 points and Kevin Garnett had an easy 15 with seven rebounds on Friday night as the Boston Celtics overcame Ray Allen's absence to beat the Milwaukee Bucks 104-82 and match the franchise record with a 12-0 start at home.

With Allen sitting out a game or two to rest a sore ankle, Tony Allen started and scored 11 points. Rajon Rondo scored 17 -- one off his season high -- with eight assists for Boston, which also won its first 12 home games in 1984 en route to the '85 NBA finals.

Garnett played just 29 minutes for the Celtics, who pulled away when they outscored Milwaukee 32-15 in the third quarter. Boston will try to set the team record Wednesday against Detroit.

Mo Williams scored 14 for the Bucks, Bobby Simmons had 11 and Yi Jianlian scored 10.

The Celtics turned a five-point deficit with 3:22 left in the second quarter into a 46-44 halftime lead. But it was in the third when they really pulled away.

They scored 13 consecutive points early in the third to turn a 49-47 Bucks lead into a 60-49 advantage, then added a 10-0 run near the end of the quarter to make it 78-57.

For the second straight game -- but just the second time this season -- the Celtics were without their regular starting five. Allen is expected to miss a game or two with a sore right ankle he has been trying to play through for eight games.

Kendrick Perkins sat out Wednesday's game against Toronto after part of his bed fell on his big toe.

Notes

The Celtics are undefeated when leading after three quarters, but they've lost both games they trailed after three. ... Boston is 7-0 on Friday nights. ... Rondo was scoreless in Wednesday night's game against Sacramento. ... The Bucks fell to 2-11 on the road and 2-6 in December. ... Pierce was 9-for-9 from the line, and the Celtics were 26-for-28.

MC KAos

Reaction score
if they keep beating up on people like that they might be able to keep their big 3 semi fresh for the playoffs, celtics are a good team, but its hard for me to consider them elite until they play better teams

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
MC KAos;1833518 said:
if they keep beating up on people like that they might be able to keep their big 3 semi fresh for the playoffs, celtics are a good team, but its hard for me to consider them elite until they play better teams

Thats a fair point - but home court could be huge and going into the Garden is not going to be an easy task come April.

Actually the emergence of Rondo and Big Baby should be a red flag for oponnents. Rondo is a better than advertised Point

And the Big 3 minutes are down and still winning routinely.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
MC KAos;1833104 said:
ya, i forgot the NBA championship was won in DECEMBER!!! guess the mavs must be a dynasty

what the hell are you talking about, this isnt the NFL, there is no parody in the NBA, its comparing apples to oranges

hahaha. parody in the nfl? ok, wheres this parody at?

thekavorka

Reaction score
as long as there's a salary cap and a watered down league with 30 teams, there's going to be some degree of PARITY in the league. Maybe not like in the NFL, but there is still a lot of parity in the nba.

it's just that in the NBA, since there's only 5 players on the court for a team at one time, one player can make a huge difference. that's why you see these dynasties in the NBA.

thekavorka

Reaction score
it's a joke that Dirk is 2nd for the Western Forwards. He does not deserve to be voted that high. I hate when a player who was amazing in the past gets voted high simply based on his past performance.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I think the salary cap woe era of 1996-2000 is over

Brady has won 3 this decade and shown that a dynasty can be sustained these days. Especially with a Salary Cap that is so high and mostly not used, teams are allowed to keep a core of players together and augment.

With Romo - we really have so many players locked up we can make a 5 year run here easily within Cap.

MC KAos

Reaction score
thekavorka;1834034 said:
as long as there's a salary cap and a watered down league with 30 teams, there's going to be some degree of PARITY in the league. Maybe not like in the NFL, but there is still a lot of parity in the nba.

it's just that in the NBA, since there's only 5 players on the court for a team at one time, one player can make a huge difference. that's why you see these dynasties in the NBA.

i can agree with that

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
are u going to be doing this all year nors? i mean after every flippin game, talking about how great the C's are..........or how great Garnett is, as if we didn't already know...

Well know this...........Duncan 4, Parker 3, Manu 3 and Garnett, Little Ray Ray, and Pierce 0.........that is the only stat you need to know....the rest are irrelevant

GO SPURS GO

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;1834311 said:
are u going to be doing this all year nors? i mean after every flippin game, talking about how great the C's are..........or how great Garnett is, as if we didn't already know...

Well know this...........Duncan 4, Parker 3, Manu 3 and Garnett, Little Ray Ray, and Pierce 0.........that is the only stat you need to know....the rest are irrelevant

GO SPURS GO

Thats all great and in rear view mirror. I am just reporting what the NBA All Star vote tally is to date. E-mail the NBA if you have issues with that - Nors has nothing to do with the votes.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Nors;1832630 said:
Even a dynasty team like the Spurs has 5 losses.
What the Celtics are doing is impressive.

our last two losses came against a hot Golden St. team in Oakland, minus Tim Duncan....and then a hot Lakers team at Staples minus Duncan and Parker.

The C's got GS without Jackson, and in Boston if I recall correctly.

Let Boston play this GS team in Oakland without Garnett....then let them play the Lakers in LA without Garnett and Allen. I am willing to bet that the C's would have lost both games.