The Celtics are Nasty!

MC KAos

Reaction score
thekavorka;1834626 said:
to be fair, JAX did play in the GSW game against boston

true, but that team was not playing anywhere near as well as they are playing now, and jackson had only played 2 games at the time. Its easy to see that the celtics are a good team, but they havent beaten an elite team yet and wont be playing one for a while, so you cant put them in that category until we see how they do against an elite team.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
lol excuse after excuse of why the celtics arent this good.

u guys sound like Commander fans, trying to downtalk the cowboys wins. when u guys look in the mirror imagine yourself in Commander colors.

MC KAos

Reaction score
LatinMind;1834695 said:

u guys sound like Commander fans, trying to downtalk the cowboys wins. when u guys look in the mirror imagine yourself in Commander colors.

look whose talking, at least i am giving concrete details (too many minutes by the big three early on, and their extremely weak schedule now) you just keep coming in here calling us "Commanders fans" i guess your writers must be on strike since you have nothing informative to say.

ill give you more REAL information, last team to win a championship as the number 1 seed? spurs in 03, last team from the east with the best record to win a championship? bulls way back in the day. You obviously know nothing about basketball, otherwise you would be making informative comments instead of useless football analogies.

ill be the first one on here giving them props if they beat the pistons in a couple of days, but the fact of the matter is they havent played anyone good besides the magic, who they lost to. The only reason im here is because Nors gets a little carried away with crowning the celtics before Christmas

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
LatinMind;1834695 said:

excuses? no.......they are playing very well right now, especially in Boston....seems like the Leprechauns are back in full force under the parque floor (if they still use it)....

my point is, we dont need a game by game update of the C's. 90-95% of this board could care less I am sure.

Also, it is just December....when this Celtic's team does something in April, May, or June......then I will be impressed. For now, they are just winning games in the regular season. The Mavs looked mighty impressive last year, remember......but those guys didn't even make it to May.

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
the spurs have never been big vote getters. big surprise.

we'll take the trophies. everyone else can have the other stuff.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;1834814 said:
excuses? no.......they are playing very well right now, especially in Boston....seems like the Leprechauns are back in full force under the parque floor (if they still use it)....

my point is, we dont need a game by game update of the C's. 90-95% of this board could care less I am sure.

Also, it is just December....when this Celtic's team does something in April, May, or June......then I will be impressed. For now, they are just winning games in the regular season. The Mavs looked mighty impressive last year, remember......but those guys didn't even make it to May.

They are playing at Toronto today at 1:00

thekavorka

Reaction score
the mavs could really use a passing pg. jose calderon would be awesome, but there's no way toronto is letting him go now with TJ's injuries.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Nors;1834875 said:
They are playing at Toronto today at 1:00

and your point is??? Toronto isnt that great, i dont even think they are outscoring their opposition for the year.

ill give you this though Nors, in a couple of days they play the pistons, that will be a good barometer as to how good this team really is.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Now up to 20-2

Boston 90, Toronto 77
December 16, 2007

TORONTO (AP) -- Paul Pierce scored 18 points, Kevin Garnett had 16 and the Boston Celtics extended their winning streak to nine games by beating the Toronto Raptors 90-77 Sunday.

Rajon Rondo had 14, Eddie House came off the bench to score 11 and Tony Allen had 10.

Atlantic Division-leading Boston (20-2) matched its longest winning streak since March 16-31, 1993.

Boston's only other 20-2 start came en route to the 1963-64 NBA championship.

The Celtics won their second straight game without guard Ray Allen (sore right ankle). Allen, who remained in Boston for treatment, is expected to return when Boston hosts Detroit on Wednesday.

Chris Bosh had 17 points and 13 rebounds as Toronto lost for the first time in five games.

Jamario Moon had 13 and Kris Humphries had 12 for Toronto, whose 77 points were a season-low. Toronto's previous low was 84, set in a Dec. 7 loss at Boston

MC KAos

Reaction score
so are you gonna run and hide if the celtics loose tonight? it will be a good measuring stick, but remember, no matter what happens, win or loose, its only december, not game 7 of the conference championship

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
MC KAos;1845439 said:
so are you gonna run and hide if the celtics loose tonight? it will be a good measuring stick, but remember, no matter what happens, win or loose, its only december, not game 7 of the conference championship
IT'S LOSE! since when did teams start "loosing" games? how do the celtics "loose" a game?

MC KAos

Reaction score
Rampage;1845671 said:
IT'S LOSE! since when did teams start "loosing" games? how do the celtics "loose" a game?

sorry, i didnt realize i was writing an english paper or that there were people on forums that had such a lack of a life that they cared how things were spelled.

as for the game, i was gonna say that the celtics were bad because they blew it in the fourth quarter, but then they tied it up and thats a sign that they are gonna be a good team this year. Chauncey Billups with the great play at the end, it was insane. anyway, i admit, the celtics are better than i gave them credit for, but they still wont have a chance against the spurs if they make it to the finals.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Great battle with Detroit tonight. They really get after you defensively..... Ray Allen nails two huge 3's down stretch to tie game. Both teams get looks in last 6 seconds and Detroit gets the victory on a moronic foul on Billups at the buzzer.

Fun game to watch - tip my hat to Detroit, Tonight. Ray Allen was unbelievable tonight. The rest did his ankle good.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
MC KAos;1845730 said:
sorry, i didnt realize i was writing an english paper or that there were people on forums that had such a lack of a life that they cared how things were spelled.

as for the game, i was gonna say that the celtics were bad because they blew it in the fourth quarter, but then they tied it up and thats a sign that they are gonna be a good team this year. Chauncey Billups with the great play at the end, it was insane. anyway, i admit, the celtics are better than i gave them credit for, but they still wont have a chance against the spurs if they make it to the finals.
it's all good. i just have noticed a trend this year where a lot of people spell lose as loose. some people actually think you spell the word lose L-O-O-S-E.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Nors;1845741 said:
Great battle with Detroit tonight. They really get after you defensively..... Ray Allen nails two huge 3's down stretch to tie game. Both teams get looks in last 6 seconds and Detroit gets the victory on a moronic foul on Billups at the buzzer.

Fun game to watch - tip my hat to Detroit, Tonight. Ray Allen was unbelievable tonight. The rest did his ankle good.

well, ray allen didnt hit both those 3's, eddie house hit the first one, not ray

Rampage;1845813 said:
it's all good. i just have noticed a trend this year where a lot of people spell lose as loose. some people actually think you spell the word lose L-O-O-S-E.

i think its just because we get accustomed to the spell check and that is actually a word so its hard to notice unless you are really looking for it.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
MC KAos;1845835 said:
well, ray allen didnt hit both those 3's, eddie house hit the first one, not ray

i think its just because we get accustomed to the spell check and that is actually a word so its hard to notice unless you are really looking for it.

Ray hit one from the deep corner before House and Allen hit the last two 3's.

I'm PO'd that Tony Allen was guarding Billups there..... Stupid foul not needed.....

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Nors;1845865 said:
Ray hit one from the deep corner before House and Allen hit the last two 3's.

I'm PO'd that Tony Allen was guarding Billups there..... Stupid foul not needed.....
which should have been a 2 because his foot was on the line.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;1845932 said:
which should have been a 2 because his foot was on the line.

May be - but he landed well into bench after launching that Bomb. Don't have it on Tivo to review

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Nors;1845939 said:
May be - but he landed well into bench after launching that Bomb. Don't have it on Tivo to review
even the announcers said it and they showed it on the replay. but whatever it counts as a 3 now.