The Celtics are Nasty!

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Nors;1891289 said:
I am being perfectly objective, the refs really screwed the Celtics all night long. I personally think some refs do it just to piss of Tommy Heinson - it's hysterical how mad he gets!

I gave Richardson his due, he was on Fire.Seemed like everything he threw up was going down.

Pierce can't carry a team, Garnett is a Hall of Famer, but to my eyes Ray Allen is the true leader of the Celtics. He is very poised, in control and a calming influence on the court. Not to mention he always seems to hit the important shots that can swing momentum or win games.

its ok, your we know your Celtics are perfect and only the refs have beaten them...we get it...dont worry....if you are lucky to make the finals...it wont be the refs beating you.....it will be the Silver and Black Attack.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Celtics in Seven over the Spurs

Ray Allen hits a 3 at the buzzer to win it! The fans riot and burn down the financial distric and historic North End in a 2 day bender that brings back memories of the Combat zone and Red Aurbach era!

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Nors;1891415 said:
Celtics in Seven over the Spurs

Ray Allen hits a 3 at the buzzer to win it! The fans riot and burn down the financial distric and historic North End in a 2 day bender that brings back memories of the Combat zone and Red Aurbach era!

The Series would never back it back to Boston. The Spurs would win in 5.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I'm not so sure about that.....

Detroit 90, San Antonio 85

Preview - Box Score - Recap

By ELIZABETH WHITE, Associated Press Writer
January 10, 2008

AP - Jan 10, 10:07 pm EST
More Photos

SAN ANTONIO (AP) -- Rasheed Wallace had 23 points and 15 rebounds and the Detroit Pistons bounced back from a loss the previous night to beat the San Antonio Spurs 90-80 on Thursday.

Richard Hamilton scored 18 points for Detroit, and Tayshaun Prince added 17 to help the Pistons hand the Spurs their third home loss of the season and second in a row.

Tim Duncan had 24 points and 15 rebounds for San Antonio, and Tony Parker added 12 points as he struggled from the field, going 4-of-13.

Detroit snapped a two-game losing streak that followed an 11-game winning streak. The Pistons lost 102-86 in Dallas on Wednesday night.

The marquee matchup between the defending champion Spurs, currently second in the West, and the 2004 champion Pistons, second in the East, looked more like a dud for most of the night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Not only were the Spurs having trouble creating offense, partly because they couldn't hold onto the ball and committed 15 turnovers, they weren't getting stops, either.

The Pistons had their way with San Antonio nearly every trip down the court. Whether cutting to the basket or hitting long jumpers and a couple of 3s, Detroit built its lead to as many as 20 points. The Pistons kept the lead for good after going ahead 16-15 with 3:30 left in the first quarter off of Hamilton's fast-break layup.

The Spurs were within nine with a quarter to play after closing in during the third, but Detroit built the lead back up to 14.

Lindsey Hunter's fast-break layup, before which he looked back to see that he was all alone and could slow it down on the way to the basket, gave Detroit a 78-64 lead with 6:08 to play.

Parker's 3-point play brought San Antonio within nine, and a free throw from Manu Ginobili as Antonio McDyess fouled out made it 82-74 with 2:30 to go.

But Chauncey Billups hit an easy, and key, layup off a pass from Hamilton to put Detroit up again by 10. Wallace hit another easy layup with 1:30 to go to give Detroit an 88-76 lead and put the game away. After that, Spurs coach Gregg Popovich took out most of his starters.

Detroit went on a 16-0 run over 3:30 to close the first quarter, and by the end of the period had scored twice as many points as the Spurs and were up 30-15.

The Pistons stayed ahead by the same margin by the end of the second as they held a commanding 54-39 halftime lead over the struggling Spurs, who scored consecutive baskets just once during the second quarter and were outrebounded 18-14 in the half.

By the time 2:41 was left on the clock in the third, the Spurs cut their deficit to single digits for the first time since late in the opening period after being down by as many as 20 earlier. Duncan further reduced the margin, to 63-56, with his dunk off a pass from Manu Ginobili.

Indeed it was Duncan, the only San Antonio in the double digits by the time three quarters were gone, who kept the Spurs alive. He had 10 points in the third.

By contrast, Detroit was leveling a balanced attack on the home team. Hamilton, Wallace and Prince combined for 46 points for Detroit heading into the fourth quarter, when Detroit started out with a 67-58 advantage.

Notes

Spurs G Brent Barry remained out with a torn muscle in his left calf. Popovich said Barry will be out another week at the most. ... The Spurs on Thursday signed G-F Jeremy Richardson. ... Popovich will have to wait at least until Saturday for his 600th career victory. ... Before the game, Detroit coach Flip Saunders said of Wallace, who was averaging 12.8 points heading into Thursday: "I don't think we can just judge him by what he's doing offensively as far as on whether he's ready to play. Because I think even when he hasn't been good offensively at times, he's always been there and done things from a defensive standpoint."

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Nors;1891745 said:
I'm not so sure about that.....

Detroit 90, San Antonio 85

Preview - Box Score - Recap

By ELIZABETH WHITE, Associated Press Writer
January 10, 2008

AP - Jan 10, 10:07 pm EST
More Photos

SAN ANTONIO (AP) -- Rasheed Wallace had 23 points and 15 rebounds and the Detroit Pistons bounced back from a loss the previous night to beat the San Antonio Spurs 90-80 on Thursday.

Richard Hamilton scored 18 points for Detroit, and Tayshaun Prince added 17 to help the Pistons hand the Spurs their third home loss of the season and second in a row.

Tim Duncan had 24 points and 15 rebounds for San Antonio, and Tony Parker added 12 points as he struggled from the field, going 4-of-13.

Detroit snapped a two-game losing streak that followed an 11-game winning streak. The Pistons lost 102-86 in Dallas on Wednesday night.

The marquee matchup between the defending champion Spurs, currently second in the West, and the 2004 champion Pistons, second in the East, looked more like a dud for most of the night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Not only were the Spurs having trouble creating offense, partly because they couldn't hold onto the ball and committed 15 turnovers, they weren't getting stops, either.

The Pistons had their way with San Antonio nearly every trip down the court. Whether cutting to the basket or hitting long jumpers and a couple of 3s, Detroit built its lead to as many as 20 points. The Pistons kept the lead for good after going ahead 16-15 with 3:30 left in the first quarter off of Hamilton's fast-break layup.

The Spurs were within nine with a quarter to play after closing in during the third, but Detroit built the lead back up to 14.

Lindsey Hunter's fast-break layup, before which he looked back to see that he was all alone and could slow it down on the way to the basket, gave Detroit a 78-64 lead with 6:08 to play.

Parker's 3-point play brought San Antonio within nine, and a free throw from Manu Ginobili as Antonio McDyess fouled out made it 82-74 with 2:30 to go.

But Chauncey Billups hit an easy, and key, layup off a pass from Hamilton to put Detroit up again by 10. Wallace hit another easy layup with 1:30 to go to give Detroit an 88-76 lead and put the game away. After that, Spurs coach Gregg Popovich took out most of his starters.

Detroit went on a 16-0 run over 3:30 to close the first quarter, and by the end of the period had scored twice as many points as the Spurs and were up 30-15.

The Pistons stayed ahead by the same margin by the end of the second as they held a commanding 54-39 halftime lead over the struggling Spurs, who scored consecutive baskets just once during the second quarter and were outrebounded 18-14 in the half.

By the time 2:41 was left on the clock in the third, the Spurs cut their deficit to single digits for the first time since late in the opening period after being down by as many as 20 earlier. Duncan further reduced the margin, to 63-56, with his dunk off a pass from Manu Ginobili.

Indeed it was Duncan, the only San Antonio in the double digits by the time three quarters were gone, who kept the Spurs alive. He had 10 points in the third.

By contrast, Detroit was leveling a balanced attack on the home team. Hamilton, Wallace and Prince combined for 46 points for Detroit heading into the fourth quarter, when Detroit started out with a 67-58 advantage.

Notes

Spurs G Brent Barry remained out with a torn muscle in his left calf. Popovich said Barry will be out another week at the most. ... The Spurs on Thursday signed G-F Jeremy Richardson. ... Popovich will have to wait at least until Saturday for his 600th career victory. ... Before the game, Detroit coach Flip Saunders said of Wallace, who was averaging 12.8 points heading into Thursday: "I don't think we can just judge him by what he's doing offensively as far as on whether he's ready to play. Because I think even when he hasn't been good offensively at times, he's always been there and done things from a defensive standpoint."

oh no the sky is falling....the Spurs lost another regular season game....this time to the 2nd best team in the NBA record-wise....a team that had just lost a tough game to the Celtics, and played a horrible game the night before in Dallas....My guess is, they were extra pumped up for the Spurs....especially with how they played in the 1st quarter. The Spurs played well the final 3 quarters on defense....however, their offense has still yet to hit its stride. Gotta give props to the Pistons for a solid played game and a good win.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
Nors, I will allow you to enjoy the regular season since it's important to you. We will talk NBA basketball come playoff time.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
mr.jameswoods;1891847 said:
Nors, I will allow you to enjoy the regular season since it's important to you. We will talk NBA basketball come playoff time.

Agreed,
Signed Derek Jeter circa 2001

Your run is OVER!

Best two teams are in the East!

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Nors;1891931 said:
Agreed,
Signed Derek Jeter circa 2001

Your run is OVER!

Best two teams are in the East!

silly silly boy

the Spurs were the 3 seed last year and won the Championship. They have most of that roster back. They are struggling now like they do every year. Then during the rodeo roadtrip, they find their way and their swagger. The Spurs run wont be over until the big 3 are gone....and even then, it wont be over, if they find adequate replacements. I know the rest of the league is upset about this and wishing it would end, but it wont.

GO SPURS GO

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Boston 86, New Jersey 77
30-4 now

Nice Road win, against a hot Nets team.....

Spurs 16-9 in west, lost last 2 and 5-5 in last 10.

When is that Rodeo thing starting?

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Ray Allen back is HUGE -

Makes all the clutch shots to bury Nets.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
what, no mention of the miserable defeat to the wizards? of course not....you only seem to post when the Celtics win and the Spurs lose...cause not only did you not post when the Celtics lost last night, you didn't post when the Spurs won last night. This isn't the first time either....this has been your MO all season. Guess you were off celebrating your Pats victory....YAWN

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;1896233 said:
what, no mention of the miserable defeat to the wizards? of course not....you only seem to post when the Celtics win and the Spurs lose...cause not only did you not post when the Celtics lost last night, you didn't post when the Spurs won last night. This isn't the first time either....this has been your MO all season. Guess you were off celebrating your Pats victory....YAWN

What obligation do I have to be here 24/7. Yes the Celtics lost for their 5th time. I am starting to have more compassion for the Spurs and their 11 losses.

Rough game, we have issues at backup PG. With Rondo out and injured we are real thin at PG having to play Tony and Ray Allen there. I was working my moles last night and word is Celtics are considering getting Gary Payton.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Nors;1896445 said:
What obligation do I have to be here 24/7. Yes the Celtics lost for their 5th time. I am starting to have more compassion for the Spurs and their 11 losses.

Rough game, we have issues at backup PG. With Rondo out and injured we are real thin at PG having to play Tony and Ray Allen there. I was working my moles last night and word is Celtics are considering getting Gary Payton.

you seem to have the obligation to shove every Celtics win down our throats......and for the Spurs fans on here, and there are many, you seem to take great pleasure in shoving every Spurs loss down our throats. Don't be so fair weather. If you are going to give us a game by game synopsis of the Celtics season, don't disappear when they lose, and only reappear when someone calls out the Celtics loss, or when they win. We Spurs fans are here for the long haul. We are even keel because our team, under Pop and Duncan, have a history of struggling in November - early January. They do it year after year, only to come out and kick but from late January and on into the playoffs. We are even keel because we know the Spurs will find a way throughout the course of each season to lose between 5 and 8 games that they have no business losing. We know we will be one of the top defenses in the NBA year in and year out, as well as one of the worst FT shooting teams year in and year out. We know Duncan is boring, Bowen is dirty, Manu Flops, and Parker is a jacka55. However, we are loyal and faithful through it all, win or lose. We don't only show our faces in the high spots.....we are there in the low spots as well.....cause as fans go, Spurs fans have awesome character......as do the Spurs. So please come here with that I can't be on here 24/7 nonsense.....cause we all know had the Celtics won, you would have posted about it like 5 times in this thread last night and if the Spurs lost, you would have made sure to let the entire board know.

And when someone finally calls you out on your troll-like, obnoxious actions, you get defensive.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I disapeared not? I post day after all losses (5).

Spurs have 11, even the great teams lose once in awhile. Especially when starters are hurt, but you know that. I created a mega Celtic thread and the NBA activity across the board is rocking here.

That is good, you want to talk spurs please do. Spurs fans have a Yankee's 2001 circa overconfidence factor, noted.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Nors;1896839 said:
I disapeared not? I post day after all losses (5).

Spurs have 11, even the great teams lose once in awhile. Especially when starters are hurt, but you know that. I created a mega Celtic thread and the NBA activity across the board is rocking here.

That is good, you want to talk spurs please do. Spurs fans have a Yankee's 2001 circa overconfidence factor, noted.

Yankees fans are either cocky NYers, bandwagoners spread all over the country, or women who find Jeter and ARod to be studly.......Spurs fans are confident, not cocky. We know this ride won't last, but we are enjoying it while it is going. As long as we have Pop, Duncan, Manu, and Parker together, we are title contenders and that is fact.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Biggems;1896722 said:
you seem to have the obligation to shove every Celtics win down our throats......and for the Spurs fans on here, and there are many, you seem to take great pleasure in shoving every Spurs loss down our throats. Don't be so fair weather. If you are going to give us a game by game synopsis of the Celtics season, don't disappear when they lose, and only reappear when someone calls out the Celtics loss, or when they win. We Spurs fans are here for the long haul. We are even keel because our team, under Pop and Duncan, have a history of struggling in November - early January. They do it year after year, only to come out and kick but from late January and on into the playoffs. We are even keel because we know the Spurs will find a way throughout the course of each season to lose between 5 and 8 games that they have no business losing. We know we will be one of the top defenses in the NBA year in and year out, as well as one of the worst FT shooting teams year in and year out. We know Duncan is boring, Bowen is dirty, Manu Flops, and Parker is a jacka55. However, we are loyal and faithful through it all, win or lose. We don't only show our faces in the high spots.....we are there in the low spots as well.....cause as fans go, Spurs fans have awesome character......as do the Spurs. So please come here with that I can't be on here 24/7 nonsense.....cause we all know had the Celtics won, you would have posted about it like 5 times in this thread last night and if the Spurs lost, you would have made sure to let the entire board know.

And when someone finally calls you out on your troll-like, obnoxious actions, you get defensive.

:bow::bow::bow::bow:

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Wow - my sports life is in SHAMBLES.

Cowboys flame out last night and Celtics choke one away in 4th tonight against Wizards.

This is horrific.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Nors;1905262 said:

Cowboys flame out last night and Celtics choke one away in 4th tonight against Wizards.

This is horrific.

on a good note, the Spurs woke up in the final 3 minutes to beat the Sixers.......thanks to 4 consecutive 3s by Manu.

we are on a 2 game winning streak baby.......beating two juggernauts....TPups and Sixers:laugh2:

GO SPURS GO

MC KAos

Reaction score
Nors;1905262 said:

This is horrific.

you do realize this is just the regular season right? but ya the cowboys flaming out sucks, thank the lord for the spurs! and my wii! and unfortunately pre pharmacy classes

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
if i were nors....i'd start posting articles bout how he celtics have lost back to back games, and how their mighty armor is suddenly dented, and how they better start to be worried....but i'm not, and i won't.

long way to go till june.