The Celtics are Nasty!

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;1889867 said:
blaming the refs for the loss huh.........typical of Chowds.....they cant accept a loss or give credit to the opponent...it had to be cause they played bad or the refs beat em....

keep working on those excuses....you will get to use them a lot come May or June....when the Celts lose in the postseason.
the celts got some ref help the other night against the nets. i guess they evened it out:laugh2:

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
phillycowboyslover;1905458 said:
if i were nors....i'd start posting articles bout how he celtics have lost back to back games, and how their mighty armor is suddenly dented, and how they better start to be worried....but i'm not, and i won't.

long way to go till june.

Exactly, but I understand what Nors is going through. As a Suns fan, I was all hyped about the regular season 3 years ago. People told me then to show patience and I wanted to savor the regular season. It's normal. I've been burned too many times to know the reg. season means nothing.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
mr.jameswoods;1908154 said:
Exactly, but I understand what Nors is going through. As a Suns fan, I was all hyped about the regular season 3 years ago. People told me then to show patience and I wanted to savor the regular season. It's normal. I've been burned too many times to know the reg. season means nothing.

who was it that killed your hype machine that year?

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
I've had too many disappointments as a Mavs fan not to realize that none of this matters until the playoffs start.

I've also come to realize that when the playoffs DO start, the Spurs come to play.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Ozzu;1908588 said:
I've had too many disappointments as a Mavs fan not to realize that none of this matters until the playoffs start.

I've also come to realize that when the playoffs DO start, the Spurs come to play.

The Celtics are going to Cloverfield San Antonio!!!!!!!

MC KAos

Reaction score
Nors;1909809 said:
The Celtics are going to Cloverfield San Antonio!!!!!!!

so since the celtics have no chance in a seven game series against the spurs they are gonna plant clovers in the fields of san antonio instead of showing up to the games? sounds like a good idea

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
mr.jameswoods;1909934 said:

Thank you, Thank you

BTW.....if not for .4 in game 5(which is impossible, but since the timekeeper was in SA, we Spurs fans have to live with it) in 2004, as well as Manu and Tim missing the winning layup at the end of regulation in game 7 of 2006, The Spurs could be going for six in a row this year.

In 2004, after the lakers beat us, they went on to beat the TPups before quitting in the Pistons series. I think we would have beaten the TPups also....I am not quite sure if we could have beaten Detroit in 2004, but I will say that I firmly believe we would have given a far better showing than the Lakers did.

In 2006, the Mavs beat the Suns (who we own in the playoffs) and had a 2-0 lead on the Heat before choking it all away. I have no doubt the Spurs would have beaten the Suns and then handled the Heat, even with Wade getting Jordanesque treatment from the refs.

It is amazing how 2 seconds can be the difference between going to 5 consecutive Conference Finals and possibly NBA finals, and exiting in round 2.

While a 5peat would have been awesome, I am very happy to have 3 out of 5 and a great chance to get 4 out of 6.....

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
MC KAos;1909854 said:
so since the celtics have no chance in a seven game series against the spurs they are gonna plant clovers in the fields of san antonio instead of showing up to the games? sounds like a good idea

No Cloverfield is a bad *** that smashes Big Cities

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Boston 100, Portland 90

Ray Allen takes the ball and goes home! 35 points to send the red hot Portland team home for yet another win against the West. Believe thats 12-0 now and against a team on a recent 18-2 run.

I tip my hat to Roy, kids a player to be dealt with. But today Ray pawned him.

Good to see a Ray of light tonight! He had been struggling with Ankle and Neck injuries and we won with Rondo out again.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Boston 100, Portland 90
January 16, 2008

AP - Jan 16, 10:48 pm EST
More Photos

BOSTON (AP) -- Ray Allen impressed teammate Paul Pierce with his shooting. For Allen, satisfying himself proved to be a tougher task.

Allen scored a season-high 35 points, Kevin Garnett had 26 and the Boston Celtics rebounded from their first consecutive losses of the season with a 100-90 win over Portland on Wednesday night.

Allen, who scored 26 points in the second half on 9-of-13 shooting, wasn't about to get caught up in the excitement of his scoring.

"Every time I leave here I feel like I've left something out there on the table," he said. "I feel that way right now. There were some shots I should have knocked down."

The 12-year veteran had Pierce enjoying his work, though.

ADVERTISEMENT

"It was great to watch. When you've got a hot player like that who's done it so many times throughout his NBA career, you just try to ride the hot hand," Pierce said "We just tried to get him the ball as much as we could. He made plays off the ball, on the ball and finished it with the shot."

The Atlantic Division-leading Celtics, who had lost three of their last four games and two straight at home, also got 12 points from Pierce and 10 from Eddie House. Boston had lost its last two games, both to Washington.

Brandon Roy led the Northwest division-leading Trail Blazers with 22 points. Travis Outlaw and Jarrett Jack each had 17.

Portland, which lost for just the third time in 21 games overall, fell to just 6-12 on the road.

The surprising Trail Blazers may have come into the game hoping to compete with Boston instead of working like they have so far this season.

"I don't think we believed we could beat them," Roy said. "We've been playing to win lately, but tonight I think we just came in to give them a good game. The next time we play them we have to believe that we can actually beat them."

Allen scored 12 points, including eight straight in the third quarter, helping the Celtics take a 74-69 lead after three.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
The Knicks are a bunch of cheap shot artist thugs. Didn't work - they were routed! That Isiah still has a job is Ludicrisous.

Boston 109, New York 93

By BRIAN MAHONEY, AP Basketball Writer
January 21, 2008

NEW YORK (AP) -- Kevin Garnett had 20 points, 13 rebounds and seven assists, and the Boston Celtics routed the New York Knicks for the second time this season, 109-93 Monday.

Kendrick Perkins scored 22 of his career-high 24 points in the first half for the Celtics, who shook off the loss of leading scorer Paul Pierce, ejected along with New York's Quentin Richardson late in the third quarter after both picked up two technical fouls for jawing with each other during the period.

ADVERTISEMENT

Boston (33-6) has won three straight following the only rough patch in its season, a stretch of three losses in four games. Ray Allen added 17 points and Rajon Rondo had 14 in his return to the lineup after missing two games with a sore lower back.

Zach Randolph had 24 points and 15 rebounds for the Knicks, who had won four of five during the best stretch of a miserable season. New York reached the halfway point of its schedule at 13-28.

Jamal Crawford scored 22 points and Nate Robinson had 15.

MC KAos

Reaction score
its kinda ironic that hours after the conference championship games are over, new york and boston play each other in basketball. It will probably be a similar result in the super bowl, unfortunately.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Curry and Randolph were shooting off all game and cheap shotting trying to intimidate. Perkins, Garnett, Big Babie and Pierce took care of that nonsense.

Something is really wrong on that team.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Rasho was one of my favorite Spurs while he was here.......he wasnt the most athletic, but he was basketball smart. he was a great teammate. he was a real nice guy, very humble, had a good sense of humor, and also gave back to his native country....

Rasho would be a beast if he could get angry. he just cant get angry. But if he had a mean streak, with his skillset and basketball IQ, he was easily be a 18-10-3 guy in the NBA.

MC KAos

Reaction score
it seemed like he was getting dunked on pretty much on a nightly basis, he wasnt the kind of player the spurs needed, but to put it out there i didnt like nazr any more than rasho. Im much happier with the cheaper and imo better elson/oberto combo than i ever was with nazr/rasho. but i agree 100% about rasho off the court, great guy. My cousin checked him out at HEB once, bowen too, but he said bowen just talked on his cell the whole time.