The Celtics are Nasty!

MC KAos

Reaction score
Nors;1937027 said:
I thought it was Huge Ray Allen took charge and threw up 20 in first half. With his ankle/neck/sick his game had been off past few weeks.

And the kid to watch is Rondo, he might be the most athletic and diverse PG in the league. He can quicks with anyone, he can and will score going to the hole, he can rebound and he rejected Howard recently and tapped in over Dirk. He's a future All Star.

Read an article that said in his draft class, he was ranked most athletic player in entire draft class that year.......

I don't think the West teams know what to do with this Celtics team. Mavs appeared to try and slow it down and fell behind 10. Then bailed to isolating Dirk late and went small. With Garnett healthy I don't think you can slow Celtics down.

But if you do Paul Pierce is a tremendous 1 on 1 penetrator. Garnett can be an option. And you shade defense Ray Allen, House, Posey will KILL you from deep.

Celtics are real, and it is GREAT for NBA.

I have a feeling we may be seeing a Lakers/Celtics final:)

pfff, the lakers will be lucky to get out of the first round, gasol is a good player but he is kinda soft and gets dominated by duncan/dirk/yao and sometimes even amare. the lakers will be better, but they wont get past the second round, if even

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
MC KAos;1937032 said:
pfff, the lakers will be lucky to get out of the first round, gasol is a good player but he is kinda soft and gets dominated by duncan/dirk/yao and sometimes even amare. the lakers will be better, but they wont get past the second round, if even

Lakers are playing a lot better of late. I know we mashed them twice earlier.

NBA loses a lot of $$$$$ when finals is Spurs versus Cavs....... Not that that means anything but maybe it does some. Just an observation but yes Lakers probably underdog in West. But heck Spurs are barely over .500 in west themselves.

I'm just glad to be back into the NBA. Was disinterested for a long time and a Uconn Husky season ticket holder forever and was much more into NCAA. But with all the kids going NBA direct or early it's tough to follow college players and teams.

I see NBA making a popularity comeback next decade.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Nors;1937045 said:
Lakers are playing a lot better of late. I know we mashed them twice earlier.

NBA loses a lot of $$$$$ when finals is Spurs versus Cavs....... Not that that means anything but maybe it does some. Just an observation but yes Lakers probably underdog in West. But heck Spurs are barely over .500 in west themselves.

I'm just glad to be back into the NBA. Was disinterested for a long time and a Uconn Husky season ticket holder forever and was much more into NCAA. But with all the kids going NBA direct or early it's tough to follow college players and teams.

I see NBA making a popularity comeback next decade.

so what you are implying is that the spurs wont make the finals because the league looses money when they do? this isnt the WWF, its professional basketball, and if you ask pop about popularity hell just say "i dont give a $H!*!" like he did to that reporter after the finals last year. as usuall, you put WAY too much emphasis on the regular season. Teams with the best records hardly ever win it all when it matters. This spurs team reminds me a lot of the 95 Rockets, and its not for sure that they will get out of the west because of how much better, deeper, and more talented the west as a whole is than the east, but i can tell you with certainty that they have just as good a chance as anyone else and that they are mentally tougher than any other team in the league.

PS if the spurs get out of the west healthy, no one is gonna stop them from the east, why? no good coaches out there except for pat riley and stan van gundy

oh, lakers are not doing good "as of late" they are like 3-5 in their last 8 games

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Yes, this Spurs team reminds me a lot of the Haq'm Rockets at the end of their run in 1990's.

Great analogy.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Nors;1937130 said:
Yes, this Spurs team reminds me a lot of the Haq'm Rockets at the end of their run in 1990's.

Great analogy.

u do realize in 95, the Rockets won the Championship as a 6th seed right?

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;1937150 said:
u do realize in 95, the Rockets won the Championship as a 6th seed right?

yes, and what did they win after that?And Haq'm was far more dominant in 1995 than Duncan is in 2008.

fine line on when Spurs are toast - but soon.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Nors;1937176 said:
yes, and what did they win after that?And Haq'm was far more dominant in 1995 than Duncan is in 2008.

fine line on when Spurs are toast - but soon.

there hasnt been 1 playoff game played in 2008, so your comment is comical considering duncan plays a lot differently in the playoffs from the regular season, but keep your wishful thinking going, the spurs are old, but the core(duncan, parker, ginobili) is still in their prime, hence why the spurs arent going anywhere anytime soon

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
MC KAos;1937258 said:
there hasnt been 1 playoff game played in 2008, so your comment is comical considering duncan plays a lot differently in the playoffs from the regular season, but keep your wishful thinking going, the spurs are old, but the core(duncan, parker, ginobili) is still in their prime, hence why the spurs arent going anywhere anytime soon

Duncan looks out of shape, Parker is frail and Ginibopli plays soft.

Spurs are really vulnerable in 2008. Horry, Barry and Bowen are so old its not funny and the new cast of backups clearly are sub NBA championship depth. Your road record and NFC West record validates that.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Nors;1937384 said:

Spurs are really vulnerable in 2008. Horry, Barry and Bowen are so old its not funny and the new cast of backups clearly are sub NBA championship depth. Your road record and NFC West record validates that.

Duncan looks out of shape? Duncan looks like Duncan....he has looked like this basically his entire career. Duncan was never ripped like David Robinson. He has never had real muscle definition. But never confuse that with being out of shape.......especially with the system Pop runs.

Also, keep this in mind. Pop purposely limits the minutes of the big 3 and saves them for the playoffs....so they will be freshest when it matters most.

Your aging big 3 are playing some extensive minutes....just hope they are drinking their metamucil so they wont run out of gas......

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Actually Allen has sat out 4 or so games. Garnett is looking at a two week rest and Pierces minutes are down of late.

We are winning with Big Daddy, Powe, Posey, House, T Allen playing more minutes.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Nors;1937384 said:

in the words of tom jackson, are you ********? well see how out of shape duncan looks come playoff time when he is dominating while garnett is chocking in the playoffs yet again. Parker will be fine, he could be playing if it were the playoffs, but unlike the celtics, the spurs dont give a crap about the regular season. manu soft? like when he got bowed in the face against the suns, his eye closed up, and still dominated? or how he goes hard to the hole on every drive without fear? please find 1 article describing ginobili as soft, again, your either ignorant of the spurs or just in denial.

oh, ps, the spurs havent played the seattle seahawks, arizona cardinals, st louis rams or the san fransisco 49ers so i dont know what their NFC west record has to do with anything

Nors;1937451 said:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/stats/b...nent&conference=NBA&year=season_2007&sort=329

Celtics #1 in team defense, points per game allowed, lowest shooting % against, lowest 3 point % against.

Hats off to Doc Rivers and staff

and all that means absolutely nothing come playoff time, Doc rivers is gonna get outcoached by everyone he faces past the first round and if the celtics win anything past that its gonna be on talent alone

Nors;1937672 said:
Actually Allen has sat out 4 or so games. Garnett is looking at a two week rest and Pierces minutes are down of late.

We are winning with Big Daddy, Powe, Posey, House, T Allen playing more minutes.

ya, those are names id LOVE on my bench for a deep playoff run, with absolutely no expirience. you talk about age, but you forget the fact that our big 3 is younger than your big 3, and thats a hell of a lot more important. Id rather have expirienced veterans than young unproven role players, but thats just me, i dont see you understanding that considering you have no common sense

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Garnett is same age as Duncan, other than Parker there is no age issue and with his fraility it is up to debate if he can play with the younger and more athletic Rondo.

You can have Barry, Horry, Bowen in 2008. You obviously are not watching House, Powe, Big Daddy, Posey, Rondo.

Just like pompous Dallas fan, you are getting overrun by the Celtic machine. Sadly, you can throw ****** accusations into the wind all you want, you are blind to what is about to happen to your team :)

Celtics vs West.
Win, Win, Win, Win, Win, Win, Win, Win, Win, Win, Win, Win, Win, Win.

Spurs road record? Your 2001 Yankee Spurs are not going to get er done on the road on this Celtic team. If they get out of West.....

MC KAos

Reaction score
Nors;1937916 said:
Garnett is same age as Duncan, other than Parker there is no age issue and with his fraility it is up to debate if he can play with the younger and more athletic Rondo.

You can have Barry, Horry, Bowen in 2008. You obviously are not watching House, Powe, Big Daddy, Posey, Rondo.

Just like pompous Dallas fan, you are getting overrun by the Celtic machine. Sadly, you can throw ****** accusations into the wind all you want, you are blind to what is about to happen to your team :)

Celtics vs West.
Win, Win, Win, Win, Win, Win, Win, Win, Win, Win, Win, Win, Win, Win.

Spurs road record? Your 2001 Yankee Spurs are not going to get er done on the road on this Celtic team. If they get out of West.....

when you start comparing people to mavs fans you should probably look yourself in the mirror...Rondo more athletic that parker? keep dreaming, parker is the FASTEST player in the league with the basketball. Parker is a finals MVP, 3 time champion, your seriously in need of some medication if you think RONDO is better than parker, its not by accident no one was talking about rondo getting snubbed by out of the all star game right? hmm, you know who he does remind me of though? DEVIN HARRIS!! another player who was supposedly more athletic and better than a "frail" parker, just more things you can have in common with last years mavs. And you havent addressed the fact that Doc Rivers is the celts head coach ONCE! which, come playoff time, is gonna be the most important thing considering how important it is to make adjustments from game to game

MC KAos

Reaction score
oh, and this isnt baseball, so dont compare us to the yankees, and this isnt football, so dont talk about our "nfc west" record. but this is basketball, a game dominated by dominant big men who can control the paint(duncan, not garnett) with playoff expirience and great coaching(pop)

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Rondo is our 4th and 5th option and you obviously have not watched him much. He is as athletic a PG as there is in this league. Lets see if Parker is ready for the new kid on the block.

It will be a backburner issue as Garnett, Pierce and Allen stick it down Spurs throats. Nothing from West shows you are on par with Celtics in 2008.

That bench is old and no good, see your losing road record and poor West record. Proof is in that pudding! We nailed Dirk and Mavs without KG.

The Championship clearly runs through Boston, game set and match!

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Nors;1937916 said:
Just like pompous Dallas fan, you are getting overrun by the Celtic machine.

:confused:

Geez, Nors, and you wonder why people bristle at your words.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Mavs Man;1937944 said:
:confused:

Geez, Nors, and you wonder why people bristle at your words.

I don't bristle much and realize occasionally I take it over the top!

Just Like Vitale! Celtics are PTP, With Big Baby!

MC KAos

Reaction score
Nors;1937937 said:
Rondo is our 4th and 5th option and you obviously have not watched him much. He is as athletic a PG as there is in this league. Lets see if Parker is ready for the new kid on the block.

It will be a backburner issue as Garnett, Pierce and Allen stick it down Spurs throats. Nothing from West shows you are on par with Celtics in 2008.

That bench is old and no good, see your losing road record and poor West record. Proof is in that pudding! We nailed Dirk and Mavs without KG.

The Championship clearly runs through Boston, game set and match!

if athleticism was the most important thing in basketball the warriors would have won the championship last year. You obviously dont know anything about basketball if you think you can win a championship with a horrible coach and no playoff expirience. the celtics havent payed their due to win a championship yet, its exactly like the suns back in 05. BTW you beat a dallas team that has learned this and isnt trying to win 70 games in the regular season cuz they now know it doesnt mean a championship. Also, those mavs you "ran over" by a whopping 2 points at home didnt have their starting point guard OR their best bench player. and if you want to put so much emphasis on it, the spurs beat them when they were at full strength, without duncan, barry or a healthy parker.

Nors;1938070 said:
Spurs are on our court 2-10,,,,,,

no their not, spurs have proven plenty to real NBA fans who know their basketball, they dont have to beat any team to prove their worth. It wont matter if the celtics win by 40 points, its just the regular season. the cavs swept the spurs last year in the regular season, we all know what happened when it really mattered