The Celtics are Nasty!

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;1930864 said:
damon sucks....let him go to the Celts. He is old, broken down, and his shot is completely streaky

We are talking backup guard, I don't need him to shoot. We have no one that can truly handle the ball when Rondo is off the court. Ray Allen and Tony Allen can do it, House really can't. He's a perfect rotation 1-12 minute guy for us.

If BOSTON IS INTERESTED WE WILL LAND HIM.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Nors;1930907 said:
We are talking backup guard, I don't need him to shoot. We have no one that can truly handle the ball when Rondo is off the court. Ray Allen and Tony Allen can do it, House really can't. He's a perfect rotation 1-12 minute guy for us.

If BOSTON IS INTERESTED WE WILL LAND HIM.

you can have him....im happy with vaughn

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Celtics' Garnett misses 2nd game with strained abdominal, Allen out with flu

By TIM REYNOLDS, AP Sports Writer
January 29, 2008

MIAMI (AP) -- When asked how long Kevin Garnett's strained abdominal muscle could keep him sidelined, Boston Celtics coach Doc Rivers didn't have an exact answer.

"You know Doc's a nickname, correct?" deadpanned the coach, whose given name is Glenn.

ADVERTISEMENT

Too bad. The Celtics could probably use an extra doctor these days.

Garnett's injury kept him out again and Ray Allen was sidelined with the flu Tuesday night when the NBA-leading Celtics visited the Miami Heat.

The decision to not play Garnett was announced in the morning shootaround; Allen's illness -- part of a bug that's gone around the team for about a week, Rivers said -- was revealed about 90 minutes before tip-off.

"Somebody has to pick it up," Rivers said. "Nobody's going to be Kevin Garnett tonight. Nobody's going to be Ray Allen."

Brian Scalabrine started in Garnett's place and Tony Allen took Allen's starting spot Tuesday for the Celtics, who entered the game with a 34-8 record and a three-game lead over New Orleans in the race for the NBA's best record.

Garnett also sat out Sunday's 96-93 loss in Orlando because of the muscle problem, which he suffered in Friday's home win over the Minnesota Timberwolves. Rivers said he chose to give Garnett another game off to ensure that what seems now like a minor injury doesn't turn into a major problem.

"He always wants to play, which is good," Rivers said. "But he understands it's the right thing for the team."

It was the second straight game Boston played without Garnett, its second-leading scorer (19.2) and leading rebounder (9.9).

"It's not like this is a hard decision," Rivers said.

Garnett strained the muscle last Friday in Boston's one-point home win over the Minnesota Timberwolves, and apparently lobbied Rivers to play Sunday when Boston visited the Orlando Magic. He told Boston reporters that if he could "blink" or "wake up," then he would deem himself ready to play.

Rivers didn't necessarily agree, although he did acknowledge that if these games were of major importance -- like a playoff game -- then Garnett would likely be playing with the injury.

"But I don't know if he could play well," Rivers said. "And I don't know if he did play if he wouldn't get hurt."

It's unclear if Garnett will play Thursday when Boston hosts the Dallas Mavericks.

"If he can play Thursday, we'll play him," Rivers said. "But again, it's got to be almost 100 percent. That's the way I look at those types of injuries."

Allen's status for Thursday is also unknown.

"Every team goes through it," Rivers said. "We just have to keep working every day and improving as a team and understanding where we're trying to go."

MC KAos

Reaction score
the heat? celtics should win anyway. Whats up with all these people getting the flu? its kinda ridiculous right now, a bunch of people at my job have it too!

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
This stuff goes in waves, lots of people getting real sick here East coast. New strains of flu

I can see another plague around the corner. My Grandfather talked of the influenza pandemic that hit 1918-1921 era. Said he lost a few brothers and scores of people were dying everywhere. 21 Million in total.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;1932331 said:
the bubonic plague is back............

That one killed 25% of Europe....

We are naive to think a new strain can't overwhelm us yet again.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Ho hum nice win by 35 on road with no Ray and KG....

I'm telling you right now, this Rondo is going to be an AllStar point guard in this league someday.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Nors;1932424 said:
That one killed 25% of Europe....

We are naive to think a new strain can't overwhelm us yet again.

well the plague was especially lethal in impoverished areas.........that will probably be the case again....

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Boston is screwed tonight.

KG out and we have no answer for Nowitski

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Nors;1932427 said:
Ho hum nice win by 35 on road with no Ray and KG....

I'm telling you right now, this Rondo is going to be an AllStar point guard in this league someday.
against the heat. they haven't even won 10 games yet.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Ray Allen was posessed first half, Pierce then too over. Rando is the next big time PG in the NBA. He rebounded and scored over Dirk in clutch time.

We missed KG but all in all a solid Win against the Mavs.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Wow -

Celts now 13-0 against the West.

Suns on Spurs early tonight. They just flashed Spurs are 11-13 last 24. Wow, guess that rodeo thing starts soon.

thekavorka

Reaction score
I was on a flight, but I managed to watch the last minute in the airport. Rondo made a heck of a play, but Dirk was terrible in boxing out. But my question is, why was Dirk even at center? I didn't notice Dampier/Diop in the game at the time.

great win by the celtics

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Ouch. No KG and no win. Mavs are helpless against the KG-less Celtics and Duncan-less Spurs. :p:

MC KAos

Reaction score
ya, good job by the celts beating the mavs without KG!!! but dont get over exited nors, its still just the regular season, but your team is officially on my radar of contenders! however, Doc Rivers is still the head coach

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Tough win by the Celtics...

Yes they were without KG, but remember Dallas was also without Stack and Devin.

So all in all, good win. Devean George makes that last shot, and that woulda made it verrrrrry interesting.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I thought it was Huge Ray Allen took charge and threw up 20 in first half. With his ankle/neck/sick his game had been off past few weeks.

And the kid to watch is Rondo, he might be the most athletic and diverse PG in the league. He can quicks with anyone, he can and will score going to the hole, he can rebound and he rejected Howard recently and tapped in over Dirk. He's a future All Star. ST issues with his defense will bite us in spots. Turning away Stoudamire was big sign Celtics are all in with Rond.

Read an article that said in his draft class, he was ranked most athletic player in entire draft class that year.......

I don't think the West teams know what to do with this Celtics team. Mavs appeared to try and slow it down and fell behind 10. Then bailed to isolating Dirk late and went small. With Garnett healthy I don't think you can slow Celtics down.

But if you do Paul Pierce is a tremendous 1 on 1 penetrator. Garnett can be an option. And you shade defense Ray Allen, House, Posey will KILL you from deep.

Celtics are real, and it is GREAT for NBA.

I have a feeling we may be seeing a Lakers/Celtics final:)