The Celtics are Nasty!

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
We are pacing ourself to ramp up after the circus in Boston.

Garnett back and played some. We don't need victories. We hammered Denver by 40 in Boston. Kudo's to West - a west team finally beat Boston.

We are resting up post Circus for a playoff run resting our starters.

MC KAos

Reaction score
circus? what your trying to copy our rodeo road trip now?? i didnt see the game, but i did see the end part on gamecast, and i gotta say, ray allen is on FIRE from behind the 3 in the end of games! but then again i dont know how much defense the nuggets were playing, but again, allen is playing pretty good right now

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I don't think Allen was 100% first half,

his shot is coming back of late. Golden State tonight

khiladi

Reaction score
I hate the Spurs more than anyone, but to think that a win in regular season against them is going to define how the Spurs play in the play-offs is about as ******** as one can be.

khiladi

Reaction score
Rampage;1953143 said:
i can't stand that flopper

I can't stand him either, but Ginobli is one of the big-game players in the NBA. He is like Horry times 20.

MC KAos

Reaction score
irvin88;1962935 said:
Golden State beat Boston.:lmao:

there's no shame in losing to the warriors at the oracle, although they were missing S-Jax....

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Garnett looked good and Ray Allen is shooting lights out. They hit a jumper at the buzzer.

Celtics pacing self second half of season. Will pick it up after the Circus.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Nors;1963192 said:
Garnett looked good and Ray Allen is shooting lights out. They hit a jumper at the buzzer.

Celtics pacing self second half of season. Will pick it up after the Circus.
or you guys were peaking too soon and now teams are really starting to play now.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Interesting game vs. the Suns going on right now.

I find myself passively rooting for the Celts (or against the Suns more accurately) for seeding reasons in the West, but needless to say, both teams have looked horrible at times tonight. Both have had ridiculous scoring droughts.

MC KAos

Reaction score
wow, 30 points against the suns????? thats pretty weak. However, i wouldnt be surprised if the celtics came back to win this one, at least i hope they do.

irvin88

Reaction score
Celtics' third straight loss

PHOENIX (AP) -Amare Stoudemire scored 28 points and the Phoenix Suns gave Boston its first three-game losing streak of the season with a rugged 85-77 victory over the Celtics on Friday night.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
I was at the game(Suns vs Celtics). It's a different Suns team. It remains to be seen if that's a good thing. Shaq's presence can already be felt. The Celtics were forced to putting someone on him at all times(Perkins, Posey, Big Baby) and that created many opportunities for Stoudemire. Also, our team is a much better rebounding team with Shaq in the middle. We were killing the Celtics on the boards. Shaq's presence also led to many second chance opportunities. Shaq had 4 points and 14 rebounds but he easily could have had 4 or 5 more rebounds had he been given more playing time. Shaq had 14 rebounds in 26 minutes which is insane! He was pulled out prematurely at the end of the 4th quarter and he wasn't tired. D'antoni is protecting him.

Overall, I was pretty suprised because Shaq went up against a lot of big men at one time. Shaq was often facing double teams against Perkins and Big Baby at the same time and he couldn't score against them but it created opportunites for the others. I think the Suns will beat the Spurs now that we have someone who can defend Duncan in the low post.

MC KAos

Reaction score
shaq cant guard duncan anymore, but overall they do match up better with the spurs now, it will be a good series, i cant wait!

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
MC KAos;1965500 said:
shaq cant guard duncan anymore, but overall they do match up better with the spurs now, it will be a good series, i cant wait!

Shaq isn't the fata$$ he was either. He lost nearly 50 lbs and is much more mobile and agile than he has been years. Duncan can't play away from the basket anymore which favors Shaq since Tim could always hit that mid-range jumper on Shaq which he no longer attempts. That being said, we don't have an answer for Ginobili or Parker which is why San Antonio is still better than us but I think we have a shot at beating you now.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
0-3 versus the West since the break doesn't matter.

Celtics are simply pacing theselves in the second half of the season. From what I hear from insiders, they'll pick it up after the Circus.

MC KAos

Reaction score
mr.jameswoods;1965505 said:
Shaq isn't the fata$$ he was either. He lost nearly 50 lbs and is much more mobile and agile than he has been years. Duncan can't play away from the basket anymore which favors Shaq since Tim could always hit that mid-range jumper on Shaq which he no longer attempts. That being said, we don't have an answer for Ginobili or Parker which is why San Antonio is still better than us but I think we have a shot at beating you now.

not true, duncan hits mid range jumpers all the time. he likes to the take jumpers from the key and on the wings, he just banks them in. Shaq is in great shape, but he hasnt been able to guard duncan since before 2003, hence why we won the series in 2003 against the lakers. but again, shaq is not there to stop duncan, he is there to get rebounds, clog the lanes, and provide a shotblocking blanket of security for the wing players if they get beat. the suns D will improve with shaq, and i think last night was a small glimpse of that

Danny White;1966019 said:
0-3 versus the West since the break doesn't matter.

Celtics are simply pacing theselves in the second half of the season. From what I hear from insiders, they'll pick it up after the Circus.

lol, i thought nors took over your username there for a sec DW

thekavorka

Reaction score
i'd much rather take my chances with Duncan trying to hit the mid-range jumper. I don't know about this year, but Duncan last year was merely average at the mid-range jumper.

nba.com/hotzones

MC KAos

Reaction score
thekavorka;1966559 said:
i'd much rather take my chances with Duncan trying to hit the mid-range jumper. I don't know about this year, but Duncan last year was merely average at the mid-range jumper.

nba.com/hotzones

oh obviously!! you dont want timmy in the paint, but its not like he cant hit mid range jumpers if he has to, but with thomas in there, he wont have to IMO. the thing about tim is that you can double him and if our shooters are struggling, we are very vulnerable