The Celtics are Nasty!

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Back from the Gahden tonight. Another workmanlike win.

Rondo goes for 16 assists. This PG can go 12 ebounds on you one night, 16 assists the next. Ray Allen is back to normal and drained I believe 5 3 pointers. Perkins is settling in and finishing around the rim and had 5 blocks.

Garnet clearly is not 100% healthy but we are resting him for after the Circus. SB interesting to see how Cassell fits in. Local radio today he said he will be a Celtic so the TNT talk was bogus.

45-12 and we get to knock off Detroit again on Wednesday.......

Nice basketball night in Boston, Snow storm moving in on us as I type.

Route 66

Reaction score
Nors;1978579 said:
Back from the Gahden tonight. Another workmanlike win.

Rondo goes for 16 assists. This PG can go 12 ebounds on you one night, 16 assists the next. Ray Allen is back to normal and drained I believe 5 3 pointers. Perkins is settling in and finishing around the rim and had 5 blocks.

Garnet clearly is not 100% healthy but we are resting him for after the Circus. SB interesting to see how Cassell fits in. Local radio today he said he will be a Celtic so the TNT talk was bogus.

45-12 and we get to knock off Detroit again on Wednesday.......

Nice basketball night in Boston, Snow storm moving in on us as I type.

Man, bring that snowstorm over to where I live.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Rowdy;1978603 said:
Man, bring that snowstorm over to where I live.

Hear ya, What I find funny is how many stereotype all Northeast as NYC. Boston, Philly and "Big Cities". But fact is you go 30 miles out of the Big cities its a very rural and hardened landscape. I live 30+ miles West of Boston and deer, fox, wild turkeys are in my backyard.

New England also is blessed with 4 very diverse seasons. We get the Winter blizzards and Raw cold - I'm looking at 6 inches of snow and 9 degrees. We have a spring that kicks in with all coming to live. Summer is a nice Summer that can still scorch especially shorelines. Fall and foliage - is spectacular.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Another Win for Celts - Workmanlike and Garnett rested and starting to get closer to 100%

Big Three lead Celtics to 5th straight win, 98-88 over AtlantaPreview | Box Score | Recap
By JIMMY GOLEN, AP Sports Writer

1 of 7 NBA Gallery BOSTON (AP)—The abdominal strain that sidelined Kevin Garnett for nine games at midseason was probably the best chance for the rest of the NBA to catch the Celtics.

Now Garnett’s back, and playing as well as he did before his injury.

“He’s all the way back,” Boston forward Paul Pierce said Sunday night after Garnett had his best game since returning, scoring 20 points and grabbing 16 rebounds to lead the Celtics to a 98-88 victory over the Atlanta Hawks. “Did y’all watch the game tonight?

“When he’s going to the basket, inside and outside, dominating the rebounds: That’s the Kevin Garnett I like to see.”

Garnett never looked up.

“I had a decent night,” he said, deadpan.

Pierce scored 30 points, 17 in the pivotal third quarter when Boston scored 13 straight points to take the lead for good. Ray Allen scored 17, and Kendrick Perkins had 11 points, a season-high 12 rebounds and a career-high six assists to help the Celtics win their fifth consecutive game.

ADVERTISEMENT

“In the third quarter, the difference was Paul Pierce. He just took over,” Perkins said. “I’m used to that now, but when I first got here, I was like, ‘Man!’ Now, it’s just what Paul does.”

Point guard Rajon Rondo had six points and eight assists one day before the Celtics are expected to bring in backup Sam Cassell, who was waived last week by the Los Angeles Clippers. The Celtics play the Detroit Pistons on Wednesday in a matchup of the top two teams in the East.

“People are expecting that to be the Eastern Conference finals matchup,” Garnett said. “It should be a fun game.”

And more fun for Garnett now that’s he’s healthy.

The Celtics big man strained a stomach muscle on Jan. 25 and returned on Feb. 19, eight games ago. His 20 points, 16 rebounds and 35 minutes were all his most since he’s been back.

“I’m human, too, and I do have rust,” he said. “I’m coming along, slowly but surely.”

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Boston Detroit at half - Detroit has NO ANSWER for Garnett.

Pierce, Allen and Garnett are going to get ya.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Nors;1986880 said:
Boston Detroit at half - Detroit has NO ANSWER for Garnett.

Pierce, Allen and Garnett are going to get ya.

ya, you guys better hold on this time, if the celtics win the spurs and pistons will be tied in the loss column!! GET BACK TO CHEERING!

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Celtics clinch playoff berth with 90-78 victory over 1 of 3 NBA Gallery BOSTON (AP)—Kevin Garnett scored a season-high 31 points to lead Boston to a bruising 90-78 victory over Detroit on Wednesday night as the Celtics became the first team in the NBA to clinch a playoff berth and also earned the homecourt tie-breaker over their closest competitor.

Boston won its sixth consecutive game and took a four-game lead over Detroit in the Eastern Conference standings. Should the Pistons catch the Celtics in the standings and meet them in the playoffs, Boston would have the home-court advantage by virtue of a 2-1 edge in the season series.

Kendrick Perkins had a career-high 20 rebounds to go with his 10 points for the Celtics.

Chauncey Billups scored 23 points, making 14-of-15 foul shots in the game, and Rasheed Wallace also scored 23 for Detroit.

The Pistons never led, falling behind 17-3 off the opening tip and working their way back to a 69-69 tie on Tayshaun Prince’s putback for the first basket of the fourth quarter. But Garnett scored the next five points and, after Detroit cut it to 78-77, the Celtics scored 12 of the last 13 points.

It was an anticlimactic ending to a hard-fought game, with three technical fouls handed out along with hard fouls that sent players to the floor. Ray Allen drew the first T with a clearing elbow to Richard Hamilton’s sternum in the first quarter; in the third, Jason Maxiell clobbered Rajon Rondo to the parquet after a breakaway layup.

Boston Celtics' Kevin Garnett …

AP - Mar 5, 8:56 pm EST
Tony Allen’s layup gave Boston a 78-74 lead with 6:01 left in the game, but he was called for a technical foul—apparently for celebrating—that cut a point off the lead and Hamilton calmly sank a 23-footer from the top of the key to make it a one-point game.

But Paul Pierce, who scored 15, hit a 3 to make it 81-77. Rondo drew a charging foul on Billups, and the Pistons guard was called for a technical that gave the Celtics an 82-77 lead.

After a Pistons miss, Rondo got the loose ball and threw it upcourt, where Pierce grabbed it and put it in for an 85-77 lead.

It was over.

The Celtics took a 23-13 lead after the first quarter, shooting 59 percent to 26 percent for the Pistons. But Wallace scored 14 in second quarter—Garnett had 12—and the Pistons scored eight straight points to make it 25-23.

Juan Dixon had a chance to give Detroit the lead, but he missed a 3-pointer. The Celtics scored 11 consecutive points—10 in a row from Garnett—to make it 38-25.

The Pistons finally pulled even early in the fourth after Billups and Prince scored the last seven points of the third, then Prince tied it with 10:50 left in the game.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
MC KAos;1986892 said:
ya, you guys better hold on this time, if the celtics win the spurs and pistons will be tied in the loss column!! GET BACK TO CHEERING!

So - It's Boston you need to deal with in Finals. Pistons have no answers for Celts. They are overmatched - Clearly

irvin88

Reaction score
Nors;1987068 said:
So - It's Boston you need to deal with in Finals. Pistons have no answers for Celts. They are overmatched - Clearly

Lebron will be playing the finals. It's not even an argument.

Good luck in round 2 facing that monster.;)

Celts beat them last week by 5 and they hadn't even played together more than 2 games.

irvin88

Reaction score
James has 50 points, 10 assists, 8 rebounds, leads Cavs over Knicks:bow:

NEW YORK (AP) -LeBron James had 50 points, 10 assists and eight rebounds in one of the most spectacular performances in the NBA this season, leading the Cleveland Cavaliers to a 119-105 victory over the New York Knicks on Wednesday night.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Nors;1987068 said:

im only worried about the teams that hate our guts, those being the pistons and mavs, they always play us hard. I like our chances against everyone else, not to disrespect your team, i would just rather play yall than the pistons because its a rivalry with us, and as we all saw from the cowboys this year, anything can happen with rivals. But ill admit the celtics are a lot better than i thought they were, but it will be different in the playoffs without experience, but the cassell and brown signings will be important on that front. Thanks for beating the pistons for us, now we are tied in the loss column with them!!

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
MC KAos;1987094 said:
im only worried about the teams that hate our guts, those being the pistons and mavs, they always play us hard. I like our chances against everyone else, not to disrespect your team, i would just rather play yall than the pistons because its a rivalry with us, and as we all saw from the cowboys this year, anything can happen with rivals. But ill admit the celtics are a lot better than i thought they were, but it will be different in the playoffs without experience, but the cassell and brown signings will be important on that front. Thanks for beating the pistons for us, now we are tied in the loss column with them!!

Carefull what you ask for - It was thrown in my face all season how good Detroit was, we have knocked them out, how good West is and we are 18-3.

Someday Bloody Sunday West has to deal with Celts. It's that simple.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Nors;1987192 said:
Carefull what you ask for - It was thrown in my face all season how good Detroit was, we have knocked them out, how good West is and we are 18-3.

Someday Bloody Sunday West has to deal with Celts. It's that simple.

trust me, i have enough experience with the spurs having to deal with the pistons that i would much rather play the celtics, but of course, id rather play cleveland or orlando over the celtics (all these is hypothetical, i would be happy if we made it out of the west to begin with). But i think our experience will be key deep in the playoffs and plus, duncan has always beat garnett, so i like our chances with that match up. To be honest with you though paul pierce always scares me, he is a beast!! bowen and udoka will have to bring their a game if we wanna beat the celtics. But thats so far off in the future and im just gonna worry about trying to get the number 1 seed for now

irvin88

Reaction score
NOBODY in the East is beating King James 4 of 7 in the playoffs.

Cleveland vs. L.A/ San Antonio finals.

Route 66

Reaction score
It will take more than Lebron to get to the Finals regardless of a winning spurt here and there. Last year proved that. Kobe couldnt do it on his own and Lebron cant either. They may play better this year but I wouldnt call it a lock either.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
irvin88;1987261 said:
NOBODY in the East is beating King James 4 of 7 in the playoffs.

Cleveland vs. L.A/ San Antonio finals.

Cleveland is in big trouble in the EAST this year

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
ANOTHER BEATDOWN

Pierce scores 22 points to lead Celtics to seventh straight winPreview | Box Score | Recap
By JIMMY GOLEN, AP Sports Writer
2 minutes ago

AP - Mar 7, 7:23 pm EST
1 of 6 NBA Gallery BOSTON (AP)—Paul Pierce scored 22 points and Kevin Garnett added 16 and eight rebounds before the Celtics starters sat out the fourth quarter on Friday night in a 116-93 victory over the Chicago Bulls, Boston’s seventh consecutive win.

Kendrick Perkins had 14 points and 11 rebounds for Boston, which won its 10th consecutive home game. The Celtics led by 12 after one and 20 after two.

Ben Gordon scored 20 points, and Joakim Noah had 10 points and seven rebounds for the Bulls.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Playoff Matchups
Pierce and Garnett lead Celtics to easy 119-89 victory over GrizzliesPreview | Box Score | Recap
48 minutes ago

SendEmail

IM
Sharedel.icio.us

digg

Yahoo! Bookmarks

Yahoo! Buzz
StumbleUpon
Google Bookmarks PrintText Size: Default: A
Large: A
Larger: A

Boston Celtics forward Paul Pi…

AP - Mar 8, 9:26 pm EST
NBA Gallery MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP)—Ray Allen scored 23 points and Paul Pierce added 19 to lead the Boston Celtics to a 119-89 victory over the Memphis Grizzlies on Saturday night.

Boston, which won its eighth straight, built an early lead on effective shooting and stout pressure defense. Memphis never got the margin under double digits after the 5-minute mark of the first quarter, dropping to 2-16 in its last 18 games.

Kevin Garnett added 17 points, while James Posey had 15 for the Celtics, who shot 58 percent from the field. Kendrick Perkins scored 13 on 6-of-7 from the field and grabbed 11 rebounds.

Hakim Warrick led the Grizzlies with 15 points, while Rudy Gay finished with 13, but was 4-of-15 from the field. Mike Conley had 11 and Darko Milicic added 10.

The Celtics have already clinched a playoff spot showed why they have the best record in the league, while Memphis is among the worst. The lead was so comfortable for the Celtics, the Boston starters sat out the fourth quarter.

Memphis barely made a dent even against the reserves. Of course, Memphis had shut down its starters for most of the quarter also.

The dominance showed on the boards where Boston held a 45-31 advantage and the 29-10 Celtics margin on fastbreak points.

Boston Celtics guard Rajon Ron…

AP - Mar 8, 9:23 pm EST
The Celtics shot 74 percent in the first quarter building an early 17-point lead. Boston had open looks and got to the rim, and defensively challenged Memphis’ moves to the basket and contributed to balky ball movement.

The Celtics didn’t maintain the same shooting pace, but did extend the advantage to as many as 20 points and carried a 51-37 lead into halftime.

Pierce had 14 for the Celtics, while Garnett and Allen had 10 apiece.

In the third, Garnett’s one-handed jam off an alley-oop pass from Eddie House gave the Celtics a 24-point lead, which helped Boston hold a 91-65 advantage at the end of the third period.

Notes

Garnett reached the 20,000-point plateau with a breakaway layup with 4:41 left in the first half, becoming the 32nd player in league history to reach the mark, and only the fourth active player. The other three are Shaquille O’Neal, Allen Iverson and Kobe Bryant. …The Grizzlies’ last win over a team with a winning record was Dec. 19 when Memphis defeated San Antonio. … Boston G Sam Cassell, who was signed as free agent on March 4, was on the inactive list.

irvin88

Reaction score
Again played garbage tonight.

Next 7:

@ Philly
Seattle
Utah
@Houston
@Dallas
@ S.A.
@ New Orleans

MAKE SURE you are here to give game summaries after those.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
irvin88;1991007 said:
Again played garbage tonight.

Next 7:

@ Philly
Seattle
Utah
@Houston
@Dallas
@ S.A.
@ New Orleans

MAKE SURE you are here to give game summaries after those.

I was here last time we beat Dallas and Spurs. We already took out Detroit in season Series. We know what we are. Candidly Utah and New Orleans are the two teams I am more concerned about.