The Celtics are Nasty!

MC KAos

Reaction score
kev8822;2069047 said:
I think people mistake versatility with who is actually better.

i guess, even then its pretty obvious duncan is more versatile. What really bothers me is that he might be one of the best defensive players to ever lace them up and he has never gotten the defensive player of the year award, yet for some reason garnett and camby won it? thats just ridiculous.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
MC KAos;2069041 said:
why people still debate him being better than duncan is beyond me.

I think the debate is over. Here is ESPN Page 2, Boston sports nut Bill Simmons on the topic.

Dave (SA): In light of Duncan's 3 , and KG not torching a subpar hawks team Duncan has finally put that debate to rest right?

SportsNation Bill Simmons: (1:40 PM ET ) That debate was already hibernating. It's no contest. Duncan can carry his team down the stretch of a big game, he has a proven track record of doing so (most recently in Game 1 of the Suns series), and KG does not. That's the one difference between them and doesn't have anything to do with situations or teammates.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
The "Boston Three Party" came up pretty small there at the end of the game.

Garnett was afraid to take a shot.

Pierce was sulking on the sideline, selfishly bringing his team's energy down.

Allen couldn't hit the broad side of a barn there at the end.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
honestly, i dont care if the Hawks win or lose....I hate the Celtics, but I want them in the Finals so the Spurs can beat their green and white leprechaun butts......

however, during the Nique era, the Hawks were always one of my favorites to watch. Several players from those 80s teams ended up playing for the Spurs....Carr, Rivers, Willis, Wilkins.....

I am glad to see some energy and excitement back in the ATL....dont like the new uniforms, wish they would go back to the 80s unis.....but I like this new group of kids. It would be nice if they could keep their egos in check, stay together, and build a solid foundation for the next decade or so. Maybe TBS will start carrying Hawks games again like they did in the 80s and early 90s.

Besides the Spurs.....the Pistons and Hawks are the two teams I have actually rooted for on a lifelong basis....

Ren

Reaction score
he'll show up if they win game 7 and talk the same tired crap or he'll show up in a few months and start his "the Redsox are nasty" thread..

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Don't worry about the Celts, they're probably just "pacing themselves to ramp up after the circus in Boston." ;)

MC KAos

Reaction score
Danny White;2069832 said:
Don't worry about the Celts, they're probably just "pacing themselves to ramp up after the circus in Boston." ;)

:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

irvin88

Reaction score
If the Celts can't guard Joe Johnson, how will they guard LeBron ??:laugh2:

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
irvin88;2070747 said:
If the Celts can't guard Joe Johnson, how will they guard LeBron ??:laugh2:

Lebron is a better open court player - and he will get his 30 but he has nothing around him. I saw the Celtics rail them in person this year.
Celts in 5-6......

irvin88

Reaction score
Nors;2070756 said:
Lebron is a better open court player - and he will get his 30 but he has nothing around him. I saw the Celtics rail them in person this year.
Celts in 5-6......

Celts split 2-2 vs. them, and Cleveland is peaking right now. Cleveland in 6.

Brandon

Benched
Reaction score
Boston Celtics, what a joke. There team is filled with playoff chokers.

They won't beat Cleveland, mark my words. I also laugh at Celtic fans, what Bibby said was true, they are bandwagon fans. They aren't like Knick fans, or Raptor fans or Warrior fans who sell out games even when their teams win 27 games a year.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Dreadnought;2070767 said:
Boston Celtics, what a joke. There team is filled with playoff chokers.

They won't beat Cleveland, mark my words. I also laugh at Celtic fans, what Bibby said was true, they are bandwagon fans. They aren't like Knick fans, or Raptor fans or Warrior fans who sell out games even when their teams win 27 games a year.

Funny Altanta has some of the worst NBA attendance figures past decade....

Where are all those Philly and Wizard lovers these days?

Cleveland is in big trouble this series -

irvin88

Reaction score
Nors;2070953 said:
Funny Altanta has some of the worst NBA attendance figures past decade....

Where are all those Philly and Wizard lovers these days?

Cleveland is in big trouble this series -

celts are 1-2 vs. LeBron this year. Cleveland in 6.;)

DR.WARE

Reaction score
boston has the biggest bandwagon fans no one liked the celtics before this year. also no one liked the redsox before there world series in 2004 i think it was.

i hate all boston sports

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
212_lebron_witness07.jpg