The Celtics are Nasty!

kev8822

Reaction score
burmafrd;2101482 said:
I keep hearing these claims about how much better the Western conference is supposed to be. Reminds me of all the claims about the AFC in the last few years. This year it certainly fell apart.

Oh please. Outside of Boston, and Detroit the entire Eastern Confrence is a joke. Your confrence is such an embrasement that owners want to play a even schedule and seed 1-16. Of course the eastern confrence owners are against that. 37 win POS teams like ATL get in the east. The West if the varsity, and the east is the JV with 2 varstity teams. Your Eastern Confrence Sacrficial Lamb in last years finals isn't even good enough to get in the playoffs in the west, and that is playing a JV schedule.

MC KAos

Reaction score
whats really lame is that we have to sit here and argue about it for like a week, since the finals wont start till thursday

burmafrd

Reaction score
yadda yadda yadda about the Western Conference. I see lots of talk but nothing else. Just like the AFC last year.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
MC KAos;2101542 said:
whats really lame is that we have to sit here and argue about it for like a week, since the finals wont start till thursday

A heap of pressure on Kobe -
Celtice team defense will carry series

MC KAos

Reaction score
Nors;2102810 said:
A heap of pressure on Kobe -
Celtice team defense will carry series

i dont think kobe minds the pressure, he thrives in it, so does phil. But what will be interesting is how the rest of the players outside of derek fisher will react to that much pressure, being in the finals in the premier league rivalry, it will be interesting.

gazmc_06

Reaction score
I think Celtic fans are deluding themselves is they think LA are going to feel the most pressure, they have championship winning players and a championship winning caoch - Boston don't have anybody with championship experience. Kobe under pressure is Kobe at his best.

Don't worry about LA handling the pressure, worry about your own players.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Celtics have had the pressure of being #1 all season with the Target painted on their backs. Thats a lot of pressure as well.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I hope the Celtics win, cause I HATE the Lakers, but i've got a feeling this is going to be the end of the run for The Boston 3 Party.

gazmc_06

Reaction score
Even T.O. is rooting for L.A. lol:

to.jpg
http://www.profootballtalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/to.jpg

burmafrd

Reaction score
Never really liked the Celtics but with all this snobish BS about the western conference I have to root for them now=just for the fun I will have thinking about all the posters who have been bragging ad nauseum about the western conference.

gazmc_06

Reaction score
You can make little of the Western dominance if you like but stats don't lie, 7 of the last 10 winners have been from the West. 50 win teams miss the playoff's in the West as opposed to 35 win teams making the playoff's it in the East - it's not opinion, it's fact.

MC KAos

Reaction score
gazmc_06;2103384 said:
You can make little of the Western dominance if you like but stats don't lie, 7 of the last 10 winners have been from the West. 50 win teams miss the playoff's in the West as opposed to 35 win teams making the playoff's it in the East - it's not opinion, it's fact.

dont forget the "dominant" teams in the east going to six and seven games in the first round with sub .500 teams, ya that screams dominance!

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
zrinkill;2100282 said:
I give props to all the REAL Celtic fans ...... this should be a great series between the Lakers and Celtics.

Bandwagon fans will not understand what it feels like.

:hammer:

You know there is a bunch of em too.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
What was Bostons record against West?

What was Bostons record against Lakers?

What did Boston do on road late in season 3 games in Texas?

What did Boston do to Detroit?

gazmc_06

Reaction score
Playoff's is what matters, LA have beat better teams and done it with less problems. As for the record against LA, let's see what happens with Gasol in there ;)

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
And Bynum out -

Boston's defense better. And Pierce, Allen, Garnett will caususe problems offensively.

Boston has home court. LAKERS ARE IN TROUBLE.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I'm at the Garden tomorrow night!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS