The Celtics are Nasty!

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
pierce return was garbage compared to reed. pierce over did it since he got carried off than 3 minutes later ran back out. what a way to disrespect Willis.:rolleyes:

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Pierce won't take an MRI - he's playing with whatever structurally is wrong in his knee. That was warrior effort and moles have told me he took more than 4 advils to come back out on court - pain side.

3 to go Celtics

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Nors;2109376 said:
Pierce won't take an MRI - he's playing with whatever structurally is wrong in his knee. That was warrior effort and moles have told me he took more than 4 advils to come back out on court - pain side.

3 to go Celtics
:laugh2: he just sprained it. wow 4 advils!:laugh2:

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
That whole wheelchair episode was such a bunch of crap. I hope Boston doesn't need staged emotional comebacks every night, or this series is gonna get ugly.

A series like Lakers-Celtics, and it's relegated to this? How embarrassing.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Celtics in Finals up 1-0

All the Mav, Spurs and West homers ultimate horror!

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Paul Pierce: Shades of Larry Bird

Jun 06, 2008 | 9:18AM | report this

Public Service Announcement: Ok, here we go! That’s right. All Celtics. All the time. All Paul Pierce. All the time. At least in this time. World Championship time. Growed folks time. Win or go home! You all know by know by now I love Paul Pierce. I love the Truth. Like my main Galileo always says: “All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.” I understand the Truth. I understand Paul Pierce. I understand he wants this thing. Wants it real bad. Wanted it real bad last night. Last night, Kendrick Perkins stepped on Pierce’s right ankle. Last night, Pierce’s knee twisted and popped. Last night, Pierce contorted on the floor clutching his right leg. Last night, Boston gasped a collective gasp as Pierce’s teammates had to carry him off of the court. Everybody’s been comparing it to Willis Reed. Everbody’s been talking on air it to Willis Reed. Everybody’s been hot airing it to Willis Reed. I disagree. Mike Wilpon alluded to it. I was there. I was there where the real similarity took place. I was there when Larry Bird’s head bounced off the Parquet with a thump. A deafening thump. A thunderous thump. A thunderous thump that reverberated throughout the hallowed halls of the old Boston Garden. I was there in 1991 against the Indiana Pacers in the playoffs. Boston led by ten after the first quarter, but the Pacers tied it at 58-all by halftime. Late in the second quarter, Bird crashed to the floor in pursuit of a loose ball. His head bounced hard off the parquet. He stayed down. Stayed down. Stayed down for what seemed like an eternity. Then he headed to the locker room. And just like last night, Boston gasped a collective gasp. Bird did not return with his teammates for the start of the third quarter. When he finally came through the tunnel in the third quarter, the Garden crowd erupted. It was electric. Boogie oogie oogie. Just like last night. Last night the garden crowd erupted as Paul Pierce buried back-to-back threes. Erupted as Pierce went for fifteen points in the third. Erupted as he went five-for-five from the field. Three-for-three from beyond the arc. Sticking dagger after dagger into the hearts of the Los Angeles Lakers. Just as Bird stuck dagger after dagger into the hearts of the Pacers. So you can Willis Reed me all you want. All I saw were shades of Bird.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
With Pierce not taking an MRI - and going pain killer route - there is speculation this could be ACL/MCL.

irvin88

Reaction score
Nors;2110205 said:
With Pierce not taking an MRI - and going pain killer route - there is speculation this could be ACL/MCL.

good way to cover himself for acting like a human ****** the other night....

where was the ambulance ??

irvin88

Reaction score
Lakers' coach Phil Jackson continues to be amused by Paul Pierce's quick recovery from a knee injury in Game 1, wondering if Oral Roberts had a hand it in. That doesn't sit well with Doc Rivers and Kevin Garnett.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Nors;2109376 said:

3 to go Celtics

it is recommended for a 12 year old child to take 2 advil per day, now considering most 12 year old kids are usually not more than 100 pounds, what is so impressive that a 6 foot 7, 200+ pound grown man take 4?

Nors;2109227 said:
I heard same talk about Lebron. What facts lead you to believe Kobe is all of a sudden going to figure out the tenacious Boston defense? In person last night Boston was pushing him to sports where he was launching a lot of low % shots. A few go in but 9-26 is 9-26.

2007/08 Kobe versus Boston

Loss 94-107 Kobe 9-21
Loss 91-110 Kobe 6-25
Loss 88-98 Kibe 9-26

Thats wow - 24-72 shooting for Kobe against Boston.
33%

i didnt know that, its very impressive, but no one was doubting the celtics defense, at least not me i think its really good, but like i said before, their inability to come up with offense, like the spurs and pistons, will be their downfall, unless they stay hot or play amazing defense, like the spurs and pistons.

Nors;2110273 said:
1-0 Boston

exactly, its just 1-0, and the home team won, if the celtics win game two then all the pressure in the world will be on the lakers, but until then its still a series

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
MC KAos;2110350 said:
it is recommended for a 12 year old child to take 2 advil per day, now considering most 12 year old kids are usually not more than 100 pounds, what is so impressive that a 6 foot 7, 200+ pound grown man take 4?

i didnt know that, its very impressive, but no one was doubting the celtics defense, at least not me i think its really good, but like i said before, their inability to come up with offense, like the spurs and pistons, will be their downfall, unless they stay hot or play amazing defense, like the spurs and pistons.

exactly, its just 1-0, and the home team won, if the celtics win game two then all the pressure in the world will be on the lakers, but until then its still a series

Boston's defense if nothing else has shown it can slow Kobe down. Lakers lack of rebounding may bite them here. And they really have no answer for Garnett.

Big game tonight.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I think Phil Kackson really screwed up calling Pierce out in press like he did.

He just took a motivated team and gave them super motivation.

gazmc_06

Reaction score
Phil knows what he's doing, he's been around long enough. Just sit back and watch the game, talking doesn't get you anywhere.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Nors;2110734 said:
I think Phil Kackson really screwed up calling Pierce out in press like he did.

He just took a motivated team and gave them super motivation.

i always though the same back in the day, but phil just seems to say the right things about other teams players to get in their heads, i guess thats why he is the zen master. although HIM complaining about the refs in the spurs/lakers series was pretty pathetic i have to admit

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
90 and hot tonight in Boston - Tip off soon.

The Lakers season is on the line tonight.

gazmc_06

Reaction score
^No it isn't, this game is important but it's not the series on the line. LA will win at home, Boston need this just as much as LA.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
LA
Down 2-0 and needing to win 4 of 5 is a big deal.

This is a huge game