The clock is ticking on Prescott

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
More like last December and the usual suspects were telling me he'd be signed by January
The usual suspects, the ones in this very thread, are slowly trying to change the narratives they’ve preached for months.

Sucks for them they’ll always be known as nothing more than Dak over Dallas fans.

I’m sure most of them have new user names picked out already for when Dak officially leaves.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Almost every player and coach sucked in that GB loss, it was a total team letdown, they were not mentally prepared. If the Cowboys would have played some Defense in that game, the results would probably been much better. Yes, Dak tried to do too much in that game, but his team mates created the pressure-cooker.
It was the entire team but Dak is supposed to be the leader. When your leader comes out and starts with the interceptions and just looks totally overwhelmed that carries over to the rest of the team like a disease. And leadership is supposed to be one of his better qualities.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
LMAO! You guys won't give up that MVP fan fiction.

And we easily replaced an identical QB in Romo. Replacing mid QBs who can't get anywhere when it matters are easily replaced.
Did you see how they tried to get Connor Cook and Paxton Lynch. They lucked into Dak just like Romo.

AstroPilota

Reaction score
Easy for us keyboard warriors to manage the team with someone else's money. :) I can't help but wonder if JJ knows a lot more about the Sunday Ticket lawsuit ramifications than what we know. We are partially suffering for drafting well, something I strongly have issues with when it comes to salary cap restrictions.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
If he’s traded now, he can get his new contract THIS YEAR. And four years becomes three years for him to get that next deal.
New deal or not he is still under agreement for 2024 and that year doesnt just go away. Any 4 year deal he signs now will lock him up through the 2028 season. Still, and I can only guess as everyone else here can, but I would assume Dak is targeting Burrow level money. That in todays dollars is roughly $62M per year. Next years projected cap is closer to $68M.

Maybe Dak signs next week for $60M or less and makes me look foolish, but I get the sense he is aiming even higher.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
LMAO! You guys won't give up that MVP fan fiction.

And we easily replaced an identical QB in Romo. Replacing mid QBs who can't get anywhere when it matters are easily replaced.
Where did he finish in MVP votes? You're saying fans voted for that?

The years between Aikman and Romo aren’t years I want to replace. I guess you’re a “I’d rather be poor if I can’t be rich type of guy”?

Just doesn’t make sense to me. Watching my team be one of the worst was not good for me.

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
I hope Jerry doesn't sign Dak from now until the regular season starts. This way Dak will make up his mind to leave and make Jerry eat crow from now until his last days.

Dak will crap the bed wherever he lands making Jerry look like a genius for letting him go . Jerry will be just fine with that glass of bourbon in his hand watching Ol' Deer eyes from afar

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t like what they have in receiver running back aside from Davante who I believe is 32.

Unless they plan on running some two tight end sets they went overkill with tight end.

With no offseason…it’s in Daks best interest to stay in an offense he’s familiar with and have your choice of what team you want. If he wants to vet Raider I’d think he would rather go there next year then let them trade their first rounder for him. Unless he hates it here.
I think he’s all about the money. If he’s traded and signed a new deal with the Raiders, he could likely pocket another $50 million signing bonus and close to $200 million guaranteed.

Ken

Reaction score
You haven’t enjoyed the annual goal post? You remember the “he can’t throw for 200 yards” posts? :laugh:
Lol...haven't thought of that in some time. Now it is...."he can't be MVP" or "He's not worth $60 million".

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
New deal or not he is still under agreement for 2024 and that year doesnt just go away. Any 4 year deal he signs now will lock him up through the 2028 season. Still, and I can only guess as everyone else here can, but I would assume Dak is targeting Burrow level money. That in todays dollars is roughly $62M per year. Next years projected cap is closer to $68M.

Maybe Dak signs next week for $60M or less and makes me look foolish, but I get the sense he is aiming even higher.
$60 million or more is too rich for me for what he brings to the table. I’d trade him.

Proof

Reaction score
If he’s traded now, he can get his new contract THIS YEAR. And four years becomes three years for him to get that next deal.
this is a guy who played for 2 million on the last year of his rookie deal. he does not seem concerned with minimizing risk

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Did you see how they tried to get Connor Cook and Paxton Lynch. They lucked into Dak just like Romo.
This take is so overblown. Why do we dismiss who the Cowboys actually drafted, and bash them for who they didnt? Dallas having interest in Dak was rumored weeks prior to the draft. It's also well documented that KC tried to trade up for Paxton Lynch too, but we dont turn around and say Andy Reid lucked into Mahomes because of it.

I mean if this is the thought process we use to hand out draft credit/blame then we can just chalk 100% of the draft up to luck.