The coaches aren't to blame

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Every game we lost was winnable. The coaches need to get the players more ready. Whenever I see them play, they seem to be always unprepared.

That's because everyone is "prepared" in practice. The problem is the coaches have to "prepare" their players (and themselves) for untimely and often times unpredictable scenarios that happen in games. And it has been shown that they haven't been able to do this, since it is a repetitive problem where the team often seems to look unprepared.

cml750

Reaction score
The worst part is that this will be the norm when Romo retires. Jerry will hold onto Garrett no matter what I am afraid. When we go through QB purgatory post Romo, we may not win a game because the coaching staff gives us absolutely no competitive advantage.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The worst part is that this will be the norm when Romo retires. Jerry will hold onto Garrett no matter what I am afraid. When we go through QB purgatory post Romo, we may not win a game because the coaching staff gives us absolutely no competitive advantage.

Makes me sick.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Coaching has limits. At some point having playmakers on the field who can beat the other team is what is most important. A coach can coach 'em up all the live long day, and if the player can't or won't be in a position to make a play, and then make it, the coach is just a bystander.

The real skill of Jimmy and Belichic is they understood talent and motivation.. But even Jimmy at his best could not motivate a team that didn't have the goods to deliver. One day Brady will retire, and then Belichic will return to earth, like ALL coaches do.

Tom Landry included.

This team just isn't good enough. And even with Romo back, it still may not be good enough. The promise of this season has shown to be hollow.

I am no Garrett fan. And I believe his style of coaching does detract at times.

But this isn't Garrett that lost these games. This was decisions during the months where there was no football that sealed this season. Romo's injury is merely masking that fact.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
The Cowboys lost this game for one reason and one reason only. Ineffective QB play. Not coaching, not lack of a RB, not defense and not special teams. Cassel just isn't getting it done and Weeden before him.

Whose fault is that that we don't have a capable backup? The coaches (including Coach Jones), right?

Staubacher

Reaction score
We are wasting Tony's career. Imagine how many rings he would of had by now if he had a good coach and a team that can help him win.

We could have kept Sean Payton here and then when he did leave he wanted Romo in NO.

Either way Tony's career would have been fulfilled not wasted by the Princeton politician

black label

Reaction score
GARRETTDHATDISFORDUMMY.jpg

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Coaching has limits. At some point having playmakers on the field who can beat the other team is what is most important. A coach can coach 'em up all the live long day, and if the player can't or won't be in a position to make a play, and then make it, the coach is just a bystander.

The real skill of Jimmy and Belichic is they understood talent and motivation.. But even Jimmy at his best could not motivate a team that didn't have the goods to deliver. One day Brady will retire, and then Belichic will return to earth, like ALL coaches do.

Tom Landry included.

This team just isn't good enough. And even with Romo back, it still may not be good enough. The promise of this season has shown to be hollow.

I am no Garrett fan. And I believe his style of coaching does detract at times.

But this isn't Garrett that lost these games. This was decisions during the months where there was no football that sealed this season. Romo's injury is merely masking that fact.

We're not so bad that we should be 0-5 without Romo.

Also.. This team is good enough,. With Romo we might be a 1 loss team picking up where we left off last year.

Of course I can't prove that.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
The Cowboys lost this game for one reason and one reason only. Ineffective QB play. Not coaching, not lack of a RB, not defense and not special teams. Cassel just isn't getting it done and Weeden before him.

Wrong the coaches lost this game. They were scared to take chances when Hardy gave us the turnover and after the blocked field goal 3 straight damn running plays. Scared to lose won't win you any games. they had to go for the jugular and they didn't. Sean payton where are you, these knuckleheads have no clue how to run an offense.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
I put it all on the coaches .. and I might be the biggest supporter of Garret since day one and will continue to be... But that doesn't mean I wouldn't say he is to blame when it is actually him and his staff to blame ..

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? all those coaches cannot put together a game plan for ONE GAME DAY out of 5 and win 1 game???

:cool:

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
We need 10 yards on 3rd down on many occassions and we keep throwing under neath for 5 yard gain. what is wrong with this team Throw the ball down the field like every other team. :facepalm:

wileedog

Reaction score
But this isn't Garrett that lost these games.

To me it's not necessarily that Garrett single handedly lost these games. Not at all.

The point is to me that he has shown when the team is faced with adversity, he has shown no ability to help win games like these. If he doesn't have an overwhelming amount of talent at his disposal, he's just another guy wearing a headset and clapping.