The coaches aren't to blame

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by Rockport, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Derinyar

Derinyar Well-Known Member

3,231 Messages
    959 Likes Received
    The game plan was definitely not to have Cassel test the Seahawks secondary. I can actually understand that plan. It probably should have been more aggressive. Not sure we win if its more aggressive though.

Our 5 losses we were all significantly out classed in the single most important place in the game, QB. We've played 5 top half of the league Qbs in these last five games and been close in all but one of them. The team isn't performing terribly, but when the offense needs a play the 30-45 ranked QBs we're trotting out there just can't do it with any consistency. Yes Cassel had a 10 win season 7 years ago with what you could argue was the best post 2000 football team, the 2007 Pats.

They need to find a way to win the next two or its probably over. I don't have much faith, other then to say at least these next two weeks the QB gap is not going to be nearly as big.

2. DOUBLE WING

DOUBLE WING Well-Known Member

4,388 Messages
    3,081 Likes Received
    Tony Romo's injury has exposed Jason Garrett as a bottom tier NFL coach.

3. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

11,144 Messages
    10,428 Likes Received
    Parcells took us to the playoffs with Quincy Carter as our starting QB . And the rest of the team wasn't good either.

You can win with lousy QB if you know what you are doing.

Junglist, khiladi, daveferr33 and 6 others like this.
  4. bodi

bodi Well-Known Member

4,570 Messages
    2,207 Likes Received
    yea but if can't get ONE F IN touch down

5. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

24,222 Messages
    17,747 Likes Received
    Whatever you say Mrs. Garrett.:rolleyes:

Junglist, khiladi, Doomsay and 3 others like this.
  6. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

22,766 Messages
    14,280 Likes Received
    They didn't score a TD the whole game and they never looked close to doing so. This team is in no place to leave points on the board. They are too hard to come back and we have a great kicker.

7. PoundTheRock

PoundTheRock Well-Known Member

1,255 Messages
    1,246 Likes Received
    Exposed? I think those of us that actually watch the games already knew this.

khiladi, cml750 and Amy50632 like this.
  8. PoundTheRock

PoundTheRock Well-Known Member

1,255 Messages
    1,246 Likes Received
    The flippin Browns won games with Weeden, but of course the Cowboys don't have nearly the talent that the Browns do. :lmao:

khiladi, Smith22, cml750 and 2 others like this.
  9. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

40,996 Messages
    38,516 Likes Received
    Not really. The coaches have probably kept most of the games closer than expected with Romo and Dez out. Yes, Dez was back today but he was limited and he was defended by the CB that is probably the most equipped to defend him.

The coaches would need to be magic to get big offensive production with Cassel against the Seahawks and their vaunted defense.

bark and mattjames2010 like this.
  10. Floatyworm

Floatyworm The Labeled One

10,222 Messages
    8,092 Likes Received
    Exactly......On both sides of the ball.

cml750 likes this.
  11. PJTHEDOORS

PJTHEDOORS Well-Known Member

13,424 Messages
    12,929 Likes Received
    Teams use pick plays and slants for their wr's. We don't. Big reason we have trouble moving the ball vs any d.

12. Cmac

Cmac Well-Known Member

2,940 Messages
    2,226 Likes Received
    JG is a problem....Romo looked like the Head Coach/OC on that last play preparation. Too many times I've seen Weeden/Cassel go sit with a solemn look on their face. JG is doing this team an injustice with that BS clapping. He looks like a HS coach against his peers. Has Romo masked his ineffectiveness?

Jay Gruden may say he is the real JG if the Skins slice his game plan up.

Amy50632 likes this.
  13. RonSpringsdaman20

RonSpringsdaman20 Hold The Door!

9,774 Messages
    3,861 Likes Received
    underrated post.
    [​IMG]

Amy50632, pjtoadie and cml750 like this.
  14. Cmac

Cmac Well-Known Member

2,940 Messages
    2,226 Likes Received
    .....you can't convince me that some creativity could exploit some type of mismatch for the defense. Slot position (including moving Dez around) couldn't open something that makes the D rethink. JG was a career backup, yet his backups look like crap. You would think something would rub off....like how to ride the coattails of others.

Under 100 yds passing is a severe indictment on bad personnel/bad coaching. The "other" CBs on Seattle never got challenged. Nobody fears these QBs at all.

DB coach needs to get worried too. The zone plays is BS. Seattle TEs got renewed confidence in this game.

Amy50632 likes this.
  15. mattjames2010

mattjames2010 Benched

14,435 Messages
    11,957 Likes Received
    Probably the best post thus far in this thread.

16. mattjames2010

mattjames2010 Benched

14,435 Messages
    11,957 Likes Received
    We did move Dez around.

xwalker likes this.
  17. Blake

Blake Well-Known Member

2,393 Messages
    3,046 Likes Received
    Afraid so, and I really liked Garret, but a better coach would be able to get some wins w/this loaded roster minus Romo.

Amy50632 likes this.
  18. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

10,562 Messages
    9,009 Likes Received
    My point exactly.

Amy50632 likes this.
  19. Jarv

Jarv Loud pipes saves lives.

9,804 Messages
    3,354 Likes Received
    Agree with this 100%!

Amy50632 likes this.
  20. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

12,881 Messages
    10,123 Likes Received
    We lost by 1 point to the defending NFC Champions without our starting QB. The coaches should be given credit for that. But I understand the video game generation instant gratification crowd who are too lazy to educate themselves. Being ignorant and whining is soo much more easier.

xwalker likes this.