The Conor McGregor Show

Smith22

Reaction score
Now who's being naive, Kay?

I'm sure he wants to fight GSP, but he will make more money fighting McGregor than anyone. A lot more.

That fight will happen. And Khabib could very well maul McGregor. But if he stands too long with him he will wake up with doctors checking his pupils.
Not naive at all. Khabib has consistently said he is about legacy, not money. He said he knows the ufc wants him to fight mcgregor, but he prefers gsp at 155 because he considers him the best.

Smith22

Reaction score
It is what it is, there's a fair amount of folks that think there's a strong likelihood this was all for publicity.
You realize how long it took the ufc to get fights in New york? You think they risk losing that, and even put security and fighters at risk, just to make 1 fight possibly happen in the future. Highly unlikely.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Well if I was justifying what Conor did you might have a point but I'm not so you don't. What am I doing though is correctly pointing out it was Khabib who started this incident playing punk gangster and rolling up on one guy with his whole team around him and laying hands on the guy. If that doesn't happen then the other thing doesn't happen. So Khabib isn't innocent. Yet he seems to be getting free pass from everyone in the media and the UFC.

I'll light a candle for those injured.

Agreed 100% on this.

Khabib acted very unprofessional and stupid as well in order to provoke a rise out of Conor. He is far from innocent in this. Now do I believe that he thought for even a second Conor would take it that far? No. I doubt he did. But it doesn't matter what he thought Conor would do. Khabib did a very thuggish, stupid, thing in order to provoke a reaction from Conor and his decisions caused this reaction. Neither of these men should be getting rewarded for their behaviors after this situation.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I have seen a lot of people talking about it being staged to promote a future fight with the two. I really don't believe that's the case. I'm sorry but I just don't.

There is way to much risk involved in this situation (From lawsuits, injuries, etc) for the UFC to have been in on this. I mean what happens if Conor winds up with that felony on his record? What if they pull his ability to fight in the United States? I mean I realize he could still fight for the UFC, and only fight over seas, but the bulk of their shows happen in the United States. That is a lot to work around in order to get shows Conor could be on.

This was an extreme hot headed, over reaction by Conor to Khabib being an idiot. Neither of these two look good in this situation and admittedly Conor looks even worse because he involved loads of other people who had nothing to do with these two at all.

Just absolutely stupid all the way around from these two.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not naive at all. Khabib has consistently said he is about legacy, not money. He said he knows the ufc wants him to fight mcgregor, but he prefers gsp at 155 because he considers him the best.

Yeah I know that and it's naive to think he'd turn down millions of dollars. Because that's what it would be. Millions.

Fighters say a lot of things. TJ Dillashaw just said a month ago that he's not giving Cody Garbrandt an immediate rematch. That he has to earn a title shot. Today Garbrandt's rematch was announced.

To give you an idea of how big McGregor is, the return of GSP after years away and on the biggest card of the UFC year, the July international fight week card, did about half the sales of McGregor's last PPV. Half.

You turn down a fight with McGregor and you are essentially throwing away your lottery ticket.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agreed 100% on this.

Khabib acted very unprofessional and stupid as well in order to provoke a rise out of Conor. He is far from innocent in this. Now do I believe that he thought for even a second Conor would take it that far? No. I doubt he did. But it doesn't matter what he thought Conor would do. Khabib did a very thuggish, stupid, thing in order to provoke a reaction from Conor and his decisions caused this reaction. Neither of these men should be getting rewarded for their behaviors after this situation.

Conor deserved to be arrested. He deserves to be suspended and stripped of his title. All I'm saying is something should happen to Khabib. Nothing as severe as Conor but a fine or something. How he got away with that is beyond me.

Smith22

Reaction score
Thoughts on rose vs Joanna rematch?

Regardless of how you feel about khabib, it is crazy that he is willing to fight 4 or 5 people on this kind of notice. I'm sure plenty of other people would've postponed in the same situation.

It is also being reported that the ufc and McGregor were close on a new contract, and that a fight with dos anjos was being talked about before this crap went down.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Conor deserved to be arrested. He deserves to be suspended and stripped of his title. All I'm saying is something should happen to Khabib. Nothing as severe as Conor but a fine or something. How he got away with that is beyond me.

Completely agree with you there as well. Khabib does not deserve to be rewarded after his part in what led to this nonsense. Khabib poked a fighter with erratic behavior (As we saw when Conor went after a referee at a different promotions event) and shouldn't be let off the hook just because he didn't know Conor would react so stupidly.

He worked for a reaction and he caused a reaction.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Khabib looked like a fish out of water when he was standing up.

I’ll take Connor in this fight.. I think Connors lack of takedown defense is overblown. If he stuffs Khabib takedowns he will make short work of him.

Don’t even get me started on GSP vs Khabib.. GSP will make short work of him even at his current age.

Smith22

Reaction score
Khabib looked like a fish out of water when he was standing up.

I’ll take Connor in this fight.. I think Connors lack of takedown defense is overblown. If he stuffs Khabib takedowns he will make short work of him.

Don’t even get me started on GSP vs Khabib.. GSP will make short work of him even at his current age.
He beat the guy 50-43 and hit him over and over in the face. Al landed maybe 5 punches a round.

Did you see what khabib did to Barbosa the previous fight?

McGregor has zero ground game, and he hasn't fought in mma for almost 2 years.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He beat the guy 50-43 and hit him over and over in the face. Al landed maybe 5 punches a round.

He doesn’t need a ground game.. He just needs to stuff takedowns..

The layoff is a factor.

Khabib doesn’t look well rounded though. Just an overhyped wrestler. Stuff his takedowns and he’ll get smashed.

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score

Khabib wanted to go 5 rounds and I think he was sparring with Al more than anything.

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score

The layoff is a factor.

Khabib doesn’t look well rounded though. Just an overhyped wrestler. Stuff his takedowns and he’ll get smashed.
Khabib has never lost a round in the UFC

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
Completely agree with you there as well. Khabib does not deserve to be rewarded after his part in what led to this nonsense. Khabib poked a fighter with erratic behavior (As we saw when Conor went after a referee at a different promotions event) and shouldn't be let off the hook just because he didn't know Conor would react so stupidly.

He worked for a reaction and he caused a reaction.
Khabib responded to a fighter criticizing him in a interview. Khabib let the kid walk with a warning. Everything was on video and am I kinda suprised people see how Khabib responded as out of line. Artem Lobov is 13-14 as a fighter you can’t call someone what he did (Lobov is Russian) and not think the Russians won’t respond. They don’t really care how crazy Conor acts they might be just a little bit crazier at the end of the day. The name calling then crying wolf when somebody responds is only justified in the PC culture fellas the real world doesn’t operate that way. Conor needs to leave the powder alone

Last edited:

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
Thoughts on rose vs Joanna rematch?

Regardless of how you feel about khabib, it is crazy that he is willing to fight 4 or 5 people on this kind of notice. I'm sure plenty of other people would've postponed in the same situation.

It is also being reported that the ufc and McGregor were close on a new contract, and that a fight with dos anjos was being talked about before this crap went down.
Im glad Rose retained the belt. She showed up and put on a show

Smith22

Reaction score

The layoff is a factor.

26-0.

Never knocked down, never lost a round, but he is somehow overhyped?
Ok.........

Smith22

Reaction score
Im glad Rose retained the belt. She showed up and put on a show
I've grown to like rose and Joanna a lot, but I was hoping to see Joanna redeem herself. Rose is obviously improving every day, but I think Joanna showed the previous knock out was due to a terrible weight cut.

I thought Joanna did enough to get rounds 3 and 4, but she lost the other 3.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Conner and his team storming the presser was staged. But, it obviously went off the rails as real crimes were committed and fighters injured.

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
I think Conner and his team storming the presser was staged. But, it obviously went off the rails as real crimes were committed and fighters injured.
I think he wanted to stage it for sure but Lobovs reaction when Conor busted that window was like “Oh Noooo” lol

csirl

Reaction score
Was listening to a lawyer being interviewed on the radio today - an independent expert. Was asked if McGregor is risking being barred from entering the US due to a criminal record. Downplayed the seriousness - said it would all be resolved via minimal compensation as nobody was seriously injured. Mentioned a figure of 10k. No risk of McGregor being convicted of anything serious.