The Cost of Meaningless Close Wins

Flamma

Reaction score
I dont think they need to mess with the rules because it isn't a league problem.

Only one team remotely attempted it and it blew up in their faces.

You're probably just sick of hearing the topic around here lol. That's what the age of fantasy has produced.

It's not just that. GMs blow it all up to get a high pick and extra draft picks. The Jags are not the #1 pick by accident.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you could mount a competent counter argument then you would. Otherwise, you aren't here to actually appreciate others' points of view-just to dish your own.

I actually attempted to understand your point of view if you read my original post.
I can, but why waste my time. Not worth getting worked up about. I respect your views. We all think differently, I just enjoy watching a game and winning. I don't worry about things I can't control anymore.
As far as competency, you don't know me and can't look me in the eye when you speak so tough, so keep that crap talk to yourself.

Blitzen

Reaction score
I can, but why waste my time. Not worth getting worked up about. I respect your views. We all think differently, I just enjoy watching a game and winning. I don't worry about things I can't control anymore.
As far as competency, you don't know me and can't look me in the eye when you speak so tough, so keep that crap talk to yourself.

I'd be happy to speak to anyone's face expressing my opinion. I don't get worked up enough on this board to even feel tough. If you don't feel that it is worth your time to appreciate my opinion by reading some sentences, then there was no need to respond in the first place.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
A win. Simple as that. Some don't get it. No problem, to each his own.
I just can't picture a fan jumping up and down and celebrating a loss.

Sure, let me lay it out for you because you admit you dont understand:

Door A: You beat the Niners and Bengals 3rd string QB's to go 6-10 instead of 4-10. Get the 10th pick

Door B: Lose both games, go 4-10 and have the 4th pick.

Which would you rather have?

And FYI.................with EVERY loss once Dak went down I was not only happy, but probably gave it a nice "YES"!!!

Knowing this was a QB heavy draft where 5 QB's could go in the top picks this was even more of an important draft. Especially for a guy like you that wanted a new young QB.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd be happy to speak to anyone's face expressing my opinion. I don't get worked up enough on this board to even feel tough. If you don't feel that it is worth your time to appreciate my opinion by reading some sentences, then there was no need to respond in the first place.
So, I went back and read your original response to my post. I still don't agree. What kind of game would we have if all teams that were out of title contention decided to tank? I may be from old school, but I'm good with that. You play to win, no matter what level.
BTW, what is a yoda?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Door A: You beat the Niners and Bengals 3rd string QB's to go 6-10 instead of 4-10. Get the 10th pick

And FYI.................with EVERY loss once Dak went down I was not only happy, but probably get it a nice "YES"!!!

Knowing this was a QB heavy draft where 5 QB's could go in the top picks this was even more of an important draft. Especially for a guy like you that wanted a new young QB.
I want to win. Higher picks don't necessarily mean better players. I see your point, just don't agree with it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I want to win. Higher picks don't necessarily mean better players. I see your point, just don't agree with it.

I hear you. I just find that baffling that you cant see the value or benefit.

So you would take door A? Two more wins and the 10th pick over 2 less wins and the 4th pick?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Are you more interested in winning regular season games now or winning a SB one day? Your answer seems very short sighted.

Let me give you another example: You draft a young rookie QB. You already have a good veteran. Do you play the rookie knowing he doenst give you the best chance to win games now? Do you sacrifice current wins for the future good?

cowboygo

Reaction score
That's why you start benching guys and giving players who aren't good opportunities.

Maybe get a little more aggressive with some of your defensive schemes and see if you give up a extra big play or 2.
Only way I see to do it, is shutting down starters that are injured. They only shut Zeke down for 1 game.

I feel the real issue was we got a weak gauntlet of facing Brandon Allen, Nick Mullen & rookie Jalen Hurts in a row. Those QBs and their turnovers really gave us the wins.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The Cowboys should have lost their games against Atlanta (week 2), the Giants (week 5), and the Vikings (week 11). The Cowboys could of had the 3rd overall pick. They could have received the same haul the Dolphins did for the 3rd pick. In this scenario Surtain or Horn would likely be available at 12. Plus they would have 2 extra 1st round picks + an extra 3rd round pick in the future. They could have also selected a QB at 3 and trade Dak. A ridiculous botched onside kick + signing Andy Dalton cost this franchise for years to come.

You have seriously included weeks 3 and 5 here.
I swear this is an Onion bit as satire because no one can believe this stuff.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So its Dak's fault that they went 8-8? Had nothing to do with the incompetence of the front office and Jason Garrett?

No.. It’s not his fault. It’s just that he doesn’t make a difference either way and he’s being paid like he is some type of difference making player when he is clearly not.

You don’t pay QBs like Dak and expect championships..

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

And FYI.................with EVERY loss once Dak went down I was not only happy, but probably gave it a nice "YES"!!!

Don't forget that Vikings win when we were 2-7, that's part of the difference between where we are now at pick #10 and potentially being in position for the windfall deal that Miami was able to get for #3 overall.

Or actually being in position to draft Jerry's man-crush in Pitts without jumping through hoops. Maybe that's a bit of karma for Jerry? Pushing to win games that don't count ultimately costs him his pet cat?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hear you. I just find that baffling that you cant see the value or benefit.

So you would take door A? Two more wins and the 10th pick over 2 less wins and the 4th pick?
If a draft pick was a sure thing, then yeah. But, since they aren't.....just play to win.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No.. It’s not his fault. It’s just that he doesn’t make a difference either way and he’s being paid like he is some type of difference making player when he is clearly not.

You don’t pay QBs like Dak and expect championships..
I disagree but either way if its not his fault then why is that poster giving him credit for 8-8 if he doesn't make a difference either way? He's not the reason for them 8-8.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are you more interested in winning regular season games now or winning a SB one day? Your answer seems very short sighted.

Let me give you another example: You draft a young rookie QB. You already have a good veteran. Do you play the rookie knowing he doenst give you the best chance to win games now? Do you sacrifice current wins for the future good?
Play the rookie and root for him to play well and win. The coaches put the players on the field, if they put subpar talent out their, that's on them, I can't control that. I still want them to win. Shortsighted, probably...just my DNA.