The Cowboys are better than last year, The Eagles are worse

Jimbo123

Reaction score
The Eagles only have advantages with depth on the offensive and defensive lines. Martin and Parsons are the best linemen for both teams. The difference between the Cowboys and Eagles last season was two things injury and strength of schedule. If you judge the quarterbacks by throwing the football, Dak is light years better than Hurts. To me Hurts reminds me of rookie Dak, good quarterback but was overrated after a strong playoff performance against a GOAT quarterback in a lose. I think Wide receiver is really close now. I think CeeDee is a better wide receiver then Brown and I would take our top 3 receivers over Brown, Smith and whoever they have. We have better coaches. We have two head coaches on our staff. One more thing the Eagles worst injuries last season was Davis with a high ankle sprain. Hurts had a shoulder sprain and their right tackle hurt his oblique at the end of the season. I have never seen a team with that type of injury good luck.
:facepalm: :facepalm:

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Hopefully part of the Cowboys plans for the upcoming season does not include hoping Hurts isn’t really that good.
Are you kidding?

We're athe best team in the NFC.

Just like last year.
And the year before.
The last 28 years were just a fluke. Coulda happened to anybody.

THIS year is obvious though. We're the best. Dak is the best.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
The Eagles only have advantages with depth on the offensive and defensive lines. Martin and Parsons are the best linemen for both teams. The difference between the Cowboys and Eagles last season was two things injury and strength of schedule. If you judge the quarterbacks by throwing the football, Dak is light years better than Hurts. To me Hurts reminds me of rookie Dak, good quarterback but was overrated after a strong playoff performance against a GOAT quarterback in a lose. I think Wide receiver is really close now. I think CeeDee is a better wide receiver then Brown and I would take our top 3 receivers over Brown, Smith and whoever they have. We have better coaches. We have two head coaches on our staff. One more thing the Eagles worst injuries last season was Davis with a high ankle sprain. Hurts had a shoulder sprain and their right tackle hurt his oblique at the end of the season. I have never seen a team with that type of injury good luck.
Respectfully, this is the most delusional post I've read on here this year. I don't mean in an insulting way. I mean literally delusional.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Respectfully, this is the most delusional post I've read on here this year. I don't mean in an insulting way. I mean literally delusional.
The Eagles won the division by two games. Literally if Dak played in both Eagles games we probably win the division. You fake Cowboys/Eagles fans are funny. The injured beat up Cowboys with the toughest schedule in the division took the Eagles to the final game of the regular season. Talk about delusional.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We upgraded our biggest weaknesses last year -- DT, WR2 and CB2.

The Eagles? They got Jalen Carter, who will not replace Hargraves production for at least a couple years. And Nolan Smith, who is a duplicate of Reddick. You're not playing two 235 DE at the same time.

Meanwhile, they lost both starting safeties, their best linebacker, their best starting guard. Both coordinators. Five key players for them are over 33 (Slay, Cox, Johnson, Kelce, and Graham). Hargraves was their best D player, the entire glue. They have 2.25 wide receivers, one who could break in a strong wind. Their QB got paid.

AND, the Georgia stuff just might be too cute. Get a bunch of young, immature players who are bros from college and bring them to big city. Tell them they are Super Bowl locks. Heap praise on the Eagles all off season. Recipe meet disaster. Not to mention the history of Super Bowl losers.

They still have a great roster. But so do we. Best one since the 90s. We're better today than last year. And the Eagles are worse, despite what Steven A. Smith and Colin Cowturd and Chandler Random say
So there are NO excuses when it comes to winning the division????
Oh, how fast you folks forget that the team who scores more points wins the game.
Dial......1-800-inepto-offense or just watch some of the games against formidable teams like the Chiefs and Niner games.....

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
The Eagles won the division by two games. Literally if Dak played in both Eagles games we probably win the division. You fake Cowboys/Eagles fans are funny. The injured beat up Cowboys with the toughest schedule in the division took the Eagles to the final game of the regular season. Talk about delusional.
How does Dak playing in both eagles games win you the division when you lost the division by 2 games?

Spottswoode

Reaction score
People get to choose how they go through life. It seems as though many on this site have chosen misery.

It’s always amazing to read these posts and see how much some posters focus on those who choose a more optimistic view. Somehow not choosing negativity has become delusion. I just don’t understand why some are so offended or even care when others who don’t subscribe to their doom and gloom views. What a way to go through life.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score

ghst187

Reaction score
The eagles won’t be much worse but their schedule will be much harder and injuries have a way of destroying promising seasons.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He didn’t say it on an eagles station, it’s being reported by the eagles station. It’s from the same CBS interview he gave about Zeke coming back to Dallas:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-elliott-return-catching-eagles-and-more/amp/

I knew I always liked emmitt
ok. thanks.
I mean what he said was not wrong. But it remains to be seen. I still say Eagles take a step back, but the potential is there to be better.
Who knows, maybe after 4 to 6 games all the young players gel and they get hot. Then again, so can Dallas but Dak needs to cut down those INT's.

Need to see it on the field. Coaching can make that difference. Though they lost both OC & DC. However, if same systems in place, how much of a difference will that really make.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
Dline is Cowboys... Whole D is very much Cowboys. And Cowboys better at RB, maybe WR and TE. Oline is Eagles. QB? We'll see... Hurts has one good year. Dak's had a lot of those
There is absolutely no way the Dallas DLine is close to Philly's last year. That's ridiculous. WR last year? Dallas has a TE close to as good as Goedert? You were saying last year. Last year Dallas DLine wasnt close to good as Philly. WR? Jesus bro. I'm sorry, 3 average TEs arent better than one top 5 in the NFL TE. You're being silly

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
People get to choose how they go through life. It seems as though many on this site have chosen misery.

It’s always amazing to read these posts and see how much some posters focus on those who choose a more optimistic view. Somehow not choosing negativity has become delusion. I just don’t understand why some are so offended or even care when others who don’t subscribe to their doom and gloom views. What a way to go through life.
You doth protest too much, and it makes you blind to your own hypocrisy.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
The eagles won’t be much worse but their schedule will be much harder and injuries have a way of destroying promising seasons.
Yep! But that could go for Dallas as well. No one can tell.
Okay. let's go year-by-year. (sydney brown isn't a starter yet, and Dean hasn't shown he can be -- so, it's more lie 14/22. Not a good percentage.) Cox, Graham, and Kelce were all draft picks MORE THAN A DECADE AGO. The Eagles are old and their depth SUCKS. Any injury on oline, wr, lb, safety, or te1 -- they are playing with scrubs.

2022 -- They got Davis, who averaged 20 snaps and was not impressive. Nobody else of note
2021 -- Smith and Dickerson. Solid, WR2 and Guard.No pro bowls though
2020 -- All busts but Hurts.
2019 -- All busts but an ok Rb (miles sanders)
2018 -- A very good year. Goeddert, Maddux, Sweat, Mailata (this year is keeping them afloat)
2017 -- Bust city unless you count Rasoul Douglas.
2016 -- Wentz and a guard who they let go.
2015 -- Jordan Hicks?? Lol
2014 -- ummmm... i don't recognize any of these guys
2013 -- Lane Johnson, Zach Ertz, Jordan Poyer -- good draft.

So, I count 2 above average drafts (2018, 2013) and one solid draft (2021) in the past DECADE. 5 absolute busts, and then one year that's a bust outside of Hurts.

Wanna compare the Cowboys? Eagles have what, two regular pro bowlers? Three if you count Ertz. In a decade.

If 3 out of your 14 drafted starters come from more than a decade ago, you are NOT adept at drafting replacements. Which is what this argument is about
so you're saying a bust draft is picking up an MVP franchise QB?

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
Eagles have rookies and second year players that they are hoping to replace veteran production with. They are worse and anyone who claims otherwise is a homer. Cowboys upgraded the defense and got playmakers in Cooks and Schoonmaker.
So the Eagles young players equal a decline. But Dallas young unknowns make the team better. Huhh?