CFZ The Cowboys Bring Me No Joy Anymore

NotForLong

Reaction score
I know this is going to get a lot of “well, just stop watching them” replies, but hear me out.

I’ve been a fan since I was 5, and haven’t missed a game in 15+ years. But the Cowboys just don’t bring me any joy anymore. I feel like they’re a redundant cycle of disappointment and I don’t see any evidence on the field that they’re going to change any time soon.

I vividly remember watching a game in 2002 against the Carolina Panthers. This was during the Quincy Carter years, and the offense was anemic. Well, they were down 13-0 until late in the game. They got super lucky and scored off a tipped pass, and Joey Galloway made it 13-7. Then, with a minute remaining, Carter found Antonio Bryant for the acrobatic, game winning score. After that touchdown, my 16 year old self went absolutely ballistic. I vividly remember running down my hallway, screaming about how miraculous that game was and I couldn’t wait to discuss it with my friends at school the next day.

That 2002 team finished 5-11, but I loved watching every second of every game.

Maybe I’m just jaded and overly cynical, but the Dallas Cowboys just don’t move me anymore. The regular season wins just don’t matter to me like they used to. The lack of playoff success has diminished my overall joy and excitement toward this team.

No matter what happens, I know that this team isn’t going to win when it matters. The last 27 years have conditioned me to that reality. And that sucks the joy out of it for me.

How do I find appreciation for the fun games again? How do I find the optimism? Am I alone in feeling this way?

This is just a thought-dump from a frustrated and worn out fan. Take it for what it is.
I feel the same way . . . The Dez Bryant No Catch Call was big and took a lot of the love for the whole league out of it . . . The Romo benching was big for me I lost a lot of the love for the team . . . 2020 and Society / Sports Psyop had me ready to pack it in.

Then Micah & Diggs happened and now I am interested again . . . With Cooper as QB I enjoyed the team again . . . Everyone was getting positive check points . .

But Now Dak is QB again and everyone is getting torn down

I don't pretend to know how this Dak Fiasco will end up bit He has a very short leash and Fans will dump their trash again if Dak plays poorly the next 2 weeks

With the improvement of the East there is no room to be mediocre any longer

Either Dak gets benched and the team rallies behind Cooper or Jerry forces Dak to be the QB and the Fan base revolts

:popcorn:

Acceptablename

Reaction score
I know this is going to get a lot of “well, just stop watching them” replies, but hear me out.

I’ve been a fan since I was 5, and haven’t missed a game in 15+ years. But the Cowboys just don’t bring me any joy anymore. I feel like they’re a redundant cycle of disappointment and I don’t see any evidence on the field that they’re going to change any time soon.

I vividly remember watching a game in 2002 against the Carolina Panthers. This was during the Quincy Carter years, and the offense was anemic. Well, they were down 13-0 until late in the game. They got super lucky and scored off a tipped pass, and Joey Galloway made it 13-7. Then, with a minute remaining, Carter found Antonio Bryant for the acrobatic, game winning score. After that touchdown, my 16 year old self went absolutely ballistic. I vividly remember running down my hallway, screaming about how miraculous that game was and I couldn’t wait to discuss it with my friends at school the next day.

Maybe I’m just jaded and overly cynical, but the Dallas Cowboys just don’t move me anymore. The regular season wins just don’t matter to tme like they used to. The lack of playoff success has diminished my overall joy and excitement toward this team.

No matter what happens, I know that this team isn’t going to win when it matters. The last 27 years have conditioned me to that reality. And that sucks the joy out of it for me.

How do I find appreciation for the fun games again? How do I find the optimism? Am I alone in feeling this way?

This is just a thought-dump from a frustrated and worn out fan. Take it for what it is.
I hear you. I don’t know what to do. Your complaint is justified and you’re not throwing crap on the walls that’s what I don’t like yeah I’m able to now to not watch and I’ve never been able to do that so yeah this is a justified post

NotForLong

Reaction score
Then stop watching. I’m not watching this clown of a team anymore either. Whenever ownership changes and the trashy players we currently hold leave, maybe I’ll become invested again. Until then, they’ll be lucky if they’re even played as background noise on the TV.

If all of us fans stopped supporting this circus ran team, maybe JJ and the NFL would do something. But no. We fall for the same story year in and year out, and the rest of the NFL and JJ benefit from it. No more.
you are right . . . And all the locals should have a protest in front of the stadium before every game

NotForLong

Reaction score
Hate to say it but you just have to accept your team as a WWF/WWE wrestler at this point. Have to hope they come out on top of a made up outcome. I am not sure I am far off anymore. Am I crazy?
:hammer:
1000% percent right . . . Not only is it scripted they actually take bets on the outcome. . The Fact that the Cowboys make up a large portion of the Entire NFL Fan base or the rest of the NFL fans hate them. . . Lead to a lot of BS calls and lot of money changing hands.

NotForLong

Reaction score
I'm 54. I've been following the Cowboys for about 45+ years.
I'm convinced Jerry made a deal with Satan at the cross roads for that 3rd super bowl win vs Pittsburgh.
The issue i have with that is when will Satan collect on that contract?
We didn't sign it. Lol
There is a reason you stare at a Blue Pentagram every Day of the Sun

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I will always continue to watch. I will help to shine the light on all of the overpaid 4 YPC RBs, the drunken senile child molesting ownership group, the underperforming 40 million dollar star QBs, the next 88 that doesn't belong, etc.

There are still plenty of positive things to take away as well. Hungry rookies that out perform aging overpaid pampered vets, hungry free agents playing for their next contracts, hungry late round draft picks looking to make the team. These are the things that give me joy. The "stars" are almost always just a beat down.

NotForLong

Reaction score
I truly don’t know anymore either. The NFL has shifted their marketing to now call football “entertainment” instead of “a sport”. If it is at all predetermined, the league does a great job of keeping it under wraps and making sure none of the characters blow their cover. But at this point, nothing would surprise me
It's not marketing . . . It is the LEGAL FINE PRINT . . . It is called Entertainment to cover their themselves from any assumed liability

BoysForLife

Reaction score

Maybe I’m just jaded and overly cynical, but the Dallas Cowboys just don’t move me anymore. The regular season wins just don’t matter to me like they used to. The lack of playoff success has diminished my overall joy and excitement toward this team.

You're not jaded, you're not cynical.
and you're certainly not alone.

I used to live and die with Cowboys wins and losses. When they won, you could not take me down off that high.
when they lost, you could give me a grocery sack full of $100 bills and I might not smile.

Now, like you said, I'm almost numb. if they win, I figure it's a matter of time before the other shoe falls and they blow it anyways.
and if they lose, well, I'm not surprised. It is what it is.

Kind of sad. But true. Good post.

starman22

Reaction score
no we don’t know anything for sure but if they cause you misery why watch

It's not really misery, it's more like you have been addicted to it for so long, you can't stop. But you get very little enjoyment anymore.

Thanks Jerry!

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

You sound like a fan, your younger self had way less memories of pain to give you doubt....thats pretty normal in all facets of life dont know exactly when the "The other shoe will drop" comes into play as an adult but it usually does. Good news think of your older self running down the hall (Dont trip) when they actually do change the narrative, it may be an even better feeling than what you had as a kid.

NotForLong

Reaction score
I feel the same. I used to go to bars to watch the game if they did not show it locally. I just skip those games now. I watched every game during the Campo years even if we sucked. But these days the motivation is not there.

Partially it is the lack of success but also the terrible refs. We have been robbed so many times that I basically expect it to happen every game. The referees are a joke in the NFL.
:hammer:

NotForLong

Reaction score
It’s not just our Cowboys but the entire game is unwatchable and sucked of life now because the officiating is so consistently bad and/or suspicious….
I said before this game that the league wouldn’t want GB eliminated from playoff contention this early in the season and there’d probably be some nonsense to keep them in it…
Feels like Vince McMahon is scripting the nfl too
Las Vegas Algorithms

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score

I feel your pain. Fan since 75 and for decades the passion and ecstasy of winning and heartache of losing was worn on my sleeve. The Jason Garrett era stripped me of that. It was so abusive to see him trotted out every year and realize people thought he was good. It got to a point where I dislike he and Jerry and losses were quietly celebrated with a hope of change and getting the passion back. Unfortunately, IMO, people like Moore and Dak are just pieces of Garrett implanted into the current teams DNA where there is more talk than action. I now spend most game days not anxiously awaiting my team but wondering “will I even get to watch today.” Thanks Jerry!

NotForLong

Reaction score
After hiring Garrett and wasting 10 years of my life waiting for this joke of a coach to be gone, I thought my enjoyment would return. Now Jerry gives big money to the Garrett of quarterbacks. Just think 3 more years and we will have ten years of Jason as a quarterback.
Yeah, I'm enjoying this crap. Honestly only time I have enjoyed watching this year was during the Rush playing time.
:thumbup:Exactly . . . see if He will return and can still savage the season and pull off a Miracle .