CFZ The Cowboys Bring Me No Joy Anymore

Dallasfann

Reaction score
If you agree or have the same opinions as the OP you are 1 of 2 things and no other.

1) Very Emotional

2) A miserable person

Before you bash me over this I'll give you reasons why.

Emotional - Cowboys lost a game and you're emotions took over for a little bit and to try and combat those emotions you decided posting on a Cowboys forum sad posts about your feelings over how the Cowboys hurt you on Sunday are just too much to take. All the while you are telling a bunch of Cowboy fans you've never met how the Cowboys "just don't do it for you" anymore...while posting on a Cowboys forum. Give it a week and you'll be fine.

Sad - You are just a miserable human being towards all aspects of your life, Cowboys included.

If I ever have the feeling that OP describes towards this team I will make a promise towards all the "non emotional and Sad" fans on this forum that I will not berate you in " Cowboys suck" and "This team doesn't do it for me anymore" posts. I, like an adult will take my interest to something that I enjoy. Instead of coming on this forum and telling everyone how much I hate this team I will, for example, go hit a golf ball. I won't ruin this forum for the rest of you. Promise.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I will always continue to watch. I will help to shine the light on all of the overpaid 4 YPC RBs, the drunken senile child molesting ownership group, the underperforming 40 million dollar star QBs, the next 88 that doesn't belong, etc.

There are still plenty of positive things to take away as well. Hungry rookies that out perform aging overpaid pampered vets, hungry free agents playing for their next contracts, hungry late round draft picks looking to make the team. These are the things that give me joy. The "stars" are almost always just a beat down.
Does that include exposing Henry? 3.1 average last game against packers. 28 attempts

week before.....2.8 ypc.....19 attempts.

4.4 for the year.

SO much better. :cool:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The way fans have been carrying on the past few days you would think the team is 3-6 not 6-3. I get it, we’re starting to see the same troubling pattern with the team we’ve been seeing practically year after year, but it’s not over yet. If the defense doesn’t get back to the level it was earlier in the season, then it’s likely to lead to a real train wreck down the stretch. It’s going to be tough to right the ship against the Vikings but the Cowboys better find a way if they are going to avoid a collapse.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
For some airing out their frustrations on this board is a form of therapy. There’s a lot of shoulders to cry on here. You can almost picture some fans reaching for a box of Kleenex as they’re posting.
That's really sad that the thing they can't stand is the very thing they need for comfort. Clown World.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If you agree or have the same opinions as the OP you are 1 of 2 things and no other.

1) Very Emotional

2) A miserable person

Before you bash me over this I'll give you reasons why.

Emotional - Cowboys lost a game and you're emotions took over for a little bit and to try and combat those emotions you decided posting on a Cowboys forum sad posts about your feelings over how the Cowboys hurt you on Sunday are just too much to take. All the while you are telling a bunch of Cowboy fans you've never met how the Cowboys "just don't do it for you" anymore...while posting on a Cowboys forum. Give it a week and you'll be fine.

Sad - You are just a miserable human being towards all aspects of your life, Cowboys included.

If I ever have the feeling that OP describes towards this team I will make a promise towards all the "non emotional and Sad" fans on this forum that I will not berate you in " Cowboys suck" and "This team doesn't do it for me anymore" posts. I, like an adult will take my interest to something that I enjoy. Instead of coming on this forum and telling everyone how much I hate this team I will, for example, go hit a golf ball. I won't ruin this forum for the rest of you. Promise.

why wait? You should just do us all a favor and go hit a golf ball right now. Maybe stay out there forever, if possible.

If you were capable of processing and understanding what I originally said, you’d know that the post was written neither in a heightened state of emotion, nor out of objective sadness toward life as a whole.

I wrote it because I am apathetic toward the Cowboys, but wish/hope that I can still find the passion I had in the past.

I wrote it because I figured I was not alone in that state of apathy.

And from the likes/engagement to that post, I’d say my assumptions were correct.

But by all mean, keep telling me who/what I am… like an adult, and all.

75boyz

Reaction score
why wait? You should just do us all a favor and go hit a golf ball right now. Maybe stay out there forever, if possible.

If you were capable of processing and understanding what I originally said, you’d know that the post was written neither in a heightened state of emotion, nor out of objective sadness toward life as a whole.

I wrote it because I am apathetic toward the Cowboys, but wish/hope that I can still find the passion I had in the past.

I wrote it because I figured I was not alone in that state of apathy.

And from the likes/engagement to that post, I’d say my assumptions were correct.

But by all mean, keep telling me who/what I am… like an adult, and all.

The psycho babble experts are the best ain't they Woot?

They say BS like just because the Cowboys suck and you post that it's disappointing, that you must be sad in all areas of your life.

These are the fan regulator crowd bro. Pay absolutely no mind to their foolish psychosis.

They want you to think that their singular way of ignoring facts toward the team while pumping sunshine and rainbows is the only way to be a fan.

I'm sure you know the exact CZ names associated with these losers.

As a vet who spent a whole lotta time fighting people on foreign sand who were raised to hate and kill me, I'd rather these losers just tell me thank you while they criticize the freedom of speech opinion that I sacrificed a lot of blood for them to have, lol.

**** 'em.

cmoney23

Reaction score
I know this is going to get a lot of “well, just stop watching them” replies, but hear me out.

I’ve been a fan since I was 5, and haven’t missed a game in 15+ years. But the Cowboys just don’t bring me any joy anymore. I feel like they’re a redundant cycle of disappointment and I don’t see any evidence on the field that they’re going to change any time soon.

I vividly remember watching a game in 2002 against the Carolina Panthers. This was during the Quincy Carter years, and the offense was anemic. Well, they were down 13-0 until late in the game. They got super lucky and scored off a tipped pass, and Joey Galloway made it 13-7. Then, with a minute remaining, Carter found Antonio Bryant for the acrobatic, game winning score. After that touchdown, my 16 year old self went absolutely ballistic. I vividly remember running down my hallway, screaming about how miraculous that game was and I couldn’t wait to discuss it with my friends at school the next day.

That 2002 team finished 5-11, but I loved watching every second of every game.

Maybe I’m just jaded and overly cynical, but the Dallas Cowboys just don’t move me anymore. The regular season wins just don’t matter to me like they used to. The lack of playoff success has diminished my overall joy and excitement toward this team.

No matter what happens, I know that this team isn’t going to win when it matters. The last 27 years have conditioned me to that reality. And that sucks the joy out of it for me.

How do I find appreciation for the fun games again? How do I find the optimism? Am I alone in feeling this way?

This is just a thought-dump from a frustrated and worn out fan. Take it for what it is.

You have to stop judging the outcome and enjoy the ride.

Life is about the journey, not the destination.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know this is going to get a lot of “well, just stop watching them” replies, but hear me out.

I’ve been a fan since I was 5, and haven’t missed a game in 15+ years. But the Cowboys just don’t bring me any joy anymore. I feel like they’re a redundant cycle of disappointment and I don’t see any evidence on the field that they’re going to change any time soon.

I vividly remember watching a game in 2002 against the Carolina Panthers. This was during the Quincy Carter years, and the offense was anemic. Well, they were down 13-0 until late in the game. They got super lucky and scored off a tipped pass, and Joey Galloway made it 13-7. Then, with a minute remaining, Carter found Antonio Bryant for the acrobatic, game winning score. After that touchdown, my 16 year old self went absolutely ballistic. I vividly remember running down my hallway, screaming about how miraculous that game was and I couldn’t wait to discuss it with my friends at school the next day.

Maybe I’m just jaded and overly cynical, but the Dallas Cowboys just don’t move me anymore. The regular season wins just don’t matter to me like they used to. The lack of playoff success has diminished my overall joy and excitement toward this team.

No matter what happens, I know that this team isn’t going to win when it matters. The last 27 years have conditioned me to that reality. And that sucks the joy out of it for me.

How do I find appreciation for the fun games again? How do I find the optimism? Am I alone in feeling this way?

This is just a thought-dump from a frustrated and worn out fan. Take it for what it is.
I get joy every time I watch their game....haven't missed one since 1974...I enjoy football.... win or lose, its a game and not life.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They build a team good enough to win a few games in the regular season. Maybe even make the post season. But they will always fall flat in the post season with how they build this team. So adjust your expectations or get used to being disappointed

calico

Reaction score
I’ve been checked out since 2015. I still watch and pull for them but I don’t expect anything until a Jones doesn’t own the team and that’ll be the rest of my life. Maybe they’ll get lucky and catch lightning in a bottle one year.

the Astros replaced the cowboys as my die hard team that I follow year round.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I've noticed that every season I become a little bit more apathetic. I think it is a combination of an extremely predictable, repetitive cycle of disappointment that has stayed starkly consistent over the last 2+ decades, along with the simple fact that I think it is just part of growing up (for lack of a better way of putting it).

That being said, this is a week to week league and all it takes is one lucky run to win it all. Odds are that at some point things are going to click and Dallas will be hoisting the Lombardi (or heck, even just make it to the NFCCG) again. The question is how much longer will we wait?

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
The psycho babble experts are the best ain't they Woot?

They say BS like just because the Cowboys suck and you post that it's disappointing, that you must be sad in all areas of your life.

These are the fan regulator crowd bro. Pay absolutely no mind to their foolish psychosis.

They want you to think that their singular way of ignoring facts toward the team while pumping sunshine and rainbows is the only way to be a fan.

I'm sure you know the exact CZ names associated with these losers.

As a vet who spent a whole lotta time fighting people on foreign sand who were raised to hate and kill me, I'd rather these losers just tell me thank you while they criticize the freedom of speech opinion that I sacrificed a lot of blood for them to have, lol.

**** 'em.

Thank you for your service

The_Playmaker

Reaction score
I didn’t expect anything this season. I have this a save money for next season year. We should be sitting pretty next season. I’ll have big expectations for next season.
If we make the playoffs I’ll be happy for this season. If we win one game I’ll be popping the champagne. Then I’ll be expecting our 2nd round loss. Next year we’re going to the Super Bowl!!!

plasticman

Reaction score
Yes, they no longer deliver the rush I first felt when I became a Cowboy fan.

At first, I couldn't wait to see a game because I knew almost to a certainty they would win. it was pure euphoria.

Now, these days, I anticipate watching the Cowboys, hoping for that feeling I used to get only to be disappointed once again.

I keep telling myself that this is the last time. I'm not coming back to it. However, when that day comes. there I am once again, watching them play. It's like I just can't quit!

You know, being a Cowboys fan is almost like......it's like......I don't know, I can't quite put my finger on it but there's a good analogy out there somewhere.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I'v seen a post like this every week after a loss for around two decades. I've never understood it. i mean, we all get into the team obviously. But it's not worth allowing it to dictate your happiness.

If it does, you probably need more help than the Cowboys winning.

i figured out long ago that this is just a game.

Life is another story. You need more than just a game

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'v seen a post like this every week after a loss for around two decades. I've never understood it. i mean, we all get into the team obviously. But it's not worth allowing it to dictate your happiness.

If it does, you probably need more help than the Cowboys winning.

i figured out long ago that this is just a game.

Life is another story. You need more than just a game

The thing that confuses me is that my post referenced the polar opposite.

I no longer have any feeling — good or bad — after a win or a loss. I’m desensitized and lack any emotion at all. Losses aren’t depressing and wins aren’t enthusing.

Of course it’s just a game. But this is a forum about football, specifically Cowboys football. Not sure what else I should be talking about.