The Cowboys can use Dak

Aven8

Reaction score
The "leadership" aspect is junk media narrative that means nothing. As far as play I don't think Dak really brings much when the team isn't down tbh. People see numbers but don't take into context how them numbers came about.

Lol, ok. Tell the 52 guys in that locker room. The dude owns it.

visionary

Reaction score
That is the logical argument for people who want to draft a qb. I really don’t think you gain anything drafting a qbs and letting dak walk. If he actually has the value to get you two 1st though + you keep your top 5 pick that’s an easy call.

I’m just not sure anyone will give that much up for a qb coming off such a major injury.

just because another team thinks Dak is worth 2 rd 1 picks does not mean he is a franchise QB or that we should pay him 40 million/y

the fact is that Dak has never led his team to back to back playoff game victories and is coming off a major injury

if we have a shot at Lawrence, I’m definitely taking it

Fields will have to show us what he does against good teams this year but if we have a shot at him I’m thinking long and hard about it

Bigdog

Reaction score
I have said this before and I will say it again, no one on their right mind is giving up 2 1sts for Dak. The only team that I could see doing it is the Jags but this isn’t the movie Draft Day.

Aven8

Reaction score
the 52 guys that are 0 for?

that have played like garbage ?

that are likely to go 2-14?

that are getting whipped by mediocre teams?

those guys?

Yeah, I’m moving on from “those guys”

I’m speaking of his leadership

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
By placing the non-exclusive tag on him, if another team wants him and gives up two number one picks for him, the Cowboys can use those pics to rebuild this team into a power house.
It would be "The Great Train Robbery", part two.
And if they can deal Zeke and get something for him, do that, too.
This team needs A LOT of help.
This isn't a realistic option. Unless it were for Mahomes and Wilson I doubt any team would give up 2 #1 picks for a veteran QB, and, of course, Dak will be coming off an injury.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Lol, ok. Tell the 52 guys in that locker room. The dude owns it.
I can see you've never been in a locker room and or talked to those in a locker room lol. He owns nothing but if you want to be mesmerized like a kid by myths so be it.

Aven8

Reaction score
I can see you've never been in a locker room and or talked to those in a locker room lol. He owns nothing but if you want to be mesmerized like a kid by myths so be it.

Haha.....ok. I played college football and coached football for 4 years out of college. Leadership is everything.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Haha.....ok. I played college football and coached football for 4 years out of college. Leadership is everything.
Being this is the Internet you know that first claim isn't believable without proof. Leadership isn't everything. Its a nothing burger. Its about having better players and schemes for the most part.

dckid

Reaction score
By placing the non-exclusive tag on him, if another team wants him and gives up two number one picks for him, the Cowboys can use those pics to rebuild this team into a power house.
Man.. I hate being that guy, but that is what I wanted to do this offseason. The intelligent organization will not pay a good player Franchise altering money.
Again it is not about the actual dollar figure but the % of cap to a good not great player.
It's best if the Cowboys just walk away from Dak this offseason. They got really good value over 5 years even after paying him the franchise tag amount for this season.
Do not waste this opportunity to reset the cap and QB position.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Only a team with a need at QB would even consider this, right? Any of these teams are also likely horrible and picking in the top 10 anyhow. Why would they give up a rebuild to have to take upon his contract on a team that is also light years away from competing? Would the Browns dump Baker and do this? Perhaps, but off the top of my head can't think of anybody else in a position to do so....

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yippee, we can draft our next Taco Charlton and win the next 5 SBs......stooooopid all around this place! Lol

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Yet, the Dak haters are the ones creating such ridiculous threads.

DDS (Dak Derangement Syndrome) in full bloom...even when Dak's injured and done for the season.

The point being made is that signing Dak to a lucrative extension will not benefit this team given all the holes throughout the defense in addition to a depleted offensive line so perhaps it is time to blow up the team by signing Dak to a non-exclusive franchise tag and allowing him to offer his services elsewhere while recouping draft pick compensation.

LittleD

Reaction score
Well according to Dak Haters there isn't a difference between Dak and Dalton.

Let's place the Transitional Tag on Dalton...:lmao2:

There is a difference but, we need top picks and TL is light years better than Dak. Time to develop a trade strategy.