The Cowboys had no business winning that game

Creeper

Reaction score
Minus the turnovers, Dallas wins that game comfortably… even missing Parsons, Lawrence, Kneeland, Carson, Bland, Cooks. With Zack Martin and Tyler Guyton missing time.
These injuries are going to catch up to Dallas at some point. This is a bad point in their schedule to be dealing with some many injuries to starting players. Next we have Detroit, San Fran, Atlanta, and the Eagles, 4 teams that can move the football. They will need a pass rush and a good run defense.

Creeper

Reaction score
I just noticed that Fields had a higher QB rating for the game than Dak. I suppose the two INTs hurt Dak's rating but if you watched the game your impression would be that Fields is awful and Dak is clearly the better player. Sometimes the analytics tell the wrong story.

blueblood70

Reaction score
These injuries are going to catch up to Dallas at some point. This is a bad point in their schedule to be dealing with some many injuries to starting players. Next we have Detroit, San Fran, Atlanta, and the Eagles, 4 teams that can move the football. They will need a pass rush and a good run def
yes they could very well catch up to us if they were season ending.. however, we should be getting parsons back and maybe even bland next game.. more of them can be backed by the San Francisco game..

sometimes injuries are a blessing in disguise and Guyton doesn't look that hurt , however them shuffling the line we may have found a better lineup and maybe Guyton can sit and learn and just maybe if Steele keeps struggling Guyton's the RT soon?? i believe most of us in here discussed TJ bass and Hoffmann early getting the starting roles and are underrated and im impressed with them, not big drop off when they come in, maybe better run game with the shuffle we saw last night,

we found some solid depth at LB/DE last night, we saw the need to sit zeke non active bring up cook but Rico needs 17 + carries every game..I do belive EE is hurt his shoulder was spotted in locker room pregame delay he had tough time trying to put his pads on.. he has to sit a few weeks IMHO but boom blessing in what an injury uncovers. Cooks being out ,elevated Tolbert he got the opportunity to prove he might be better 2 right now than Cooks.. We found more about Hunter because of furgy and Stephens injury forced him into the Hback role and now look, he can take zekes snaps in short yardage, blocking and spot rb duty..

so, these things would never be uncovered without the injuries... i know i have an odd way of viewing this ,but i think that's a good perspective...

blueblood70

Reaction score
I just noticed that Fields had a higher QB rating for the game than Dak. I suppose the two INTs hurt Dak's rating but if you watched the game your impression would be that Fields is awful and Dak is clearly the better player. Sometimes the analytics tell the wrong story.
Facts

aikemirv

Reaction score
...but the did.

Both starting DEs out, Lose another put in as a starter in the game.
LT gets injured so he is goes out.
Cooks is out
Zeke was out..I know he played but might as well have been out
Bland and Carson

However the running game, Dowdle, showed up and it wasn't just WRs running the ball

Turpin and Tolbert showed up.

Ferguson back to making plays.

I know some will hate it but...minus the stupid penalty challenge, the HC and DC did a good job considering all the injuries.
I don't think you ever win with 3 TO's vs 0 - although technically the Steelers turned the ball over on the last play.

Nexx

Reaction score
You left off overcoming Dak having Pittsburgh’s defense on his fantasy team.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Or .... the guy(s) playing "Hero Ball" were injured and everyone else stuck to their assignments?

Maybe?
:huh:
We might not be talking up the defense without the "Hero Ball" guys if we had not been facing a limited offense. Fields is not a good passer and doesn't have great targets, outside of Pickens, who who basically shut down. It was a good offense for us to face without our heroes, one that has scored more than 20 points in just one game this year. This was their third one in the teens.

Now, that being said, the defense played well considering who all we were missing. That could have been an excuse for struggling, but instead players stepped up and got it done. Maybe with Micah, Pittsburgh only scores 10, but without him, the defense held them to 17. Detroit will be a better test of this short-handed defense.

Pittsburgh was a better test of our offense because it has one of the top defenses in the league, and despite plenty of setbacks, the offense ultimately got it done, becoming only the second one this season to score at least 20 against the Steelers.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Very gutsy win. The kind of win that should be enjoyed by fans, because they fought through a mountain of crap (some admittedly self inflicted) to pull out a win at a very tough place to play.
I think most are cautiously satisfied.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
...but the did.

Cooks is out
Bland and Carson

However the running game, Dowdle, showed up and it wasn't just WRs running the ball

I know some will hate it but...minus the stupid penalty challenge, the HC and DC did a good job considering all the injuries.
With all the injuries we had going in and Daks record vs. top defenses I would have given us about a 20% chance to win. If you had told me that Dak would have 3 turnovers I would have dropped that to less than 5%.

I fell asleep shortly after the 3rd started and woke up when Friermuth punched it in, but from everything I saw the defense balled out hard last night, especially with all the injuries.

Nice gutsy drive by Dak and Co. to get the W on the road against a tough D.

rambo2

Reaction score
I don’t want to be negative.

I’ll just say this: I don’t think the Steelers are good.

But, the cowboys played well all things considered and the fact they are down their top 4 DE’s which is just crazy.

It’s nice to win.
And starting left tackle and playing with a 3rd string corner.

HungryLion

Reaction score
And starting left tackle and playing with a 3rd string corner.

It’s a MASH unit right now man.

It’s a bit frustrating because. The cowboys have opportunity to improve and get better as a team as the season goes. Given all the young players playing and if they improve over the course of the season.

Losing players left and right to injury doesn’t help that happen though.

rambo2

Reaction score
It’s a MASH unit right now man.

It’s a bit frustrating because. The cowboys have opportunity to improve and get better as a team as the season goes. Given all the young players playing and if they improve over the course of the season.

Losing players left and right to injury doesn’t help that happen though.
Having guys step up and play well is non frustrating. The Cowboys can run the ball. With a running game, they can win.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
...but the did.

Cooks is out
Bland and Carson

Yep,
10 and 7 record, wild card slot,
getting bounced in the 1st round again.
But that will be relevant enough to keep Jerry happy.
Stuck in NFL purgatory............................

Beastsfromthenfceast

Reaction score
I still see a lot of red zone problems . Sacks , fumbles , penalties , inability to score from five yards out or lesser . Dak is an accident waiting to happen in these situations . Whatever happened to the bootleg fake handoff and pass play which was very successful .

kumizi

Reaction score
I can see where you're coming from going into the game. I didn't think they'd win after it rained so hard. Props to the ground crew in Pittsburgh. Players weren't slipping around all game like I expected.

But once the game started, we outgained them 445 to 226. That game shouldn't have been close if it weren't for 3 turnovers by Dak.