The Cowboys have a Personality Problem

NJ22

Reaction score
I think it is more of a chicken or the egg deal. Naturally Wagner is cocky as he is wearing a freshly made superbowl ring! Murray can't be cocky knowing he has been victim of the worst head coaching in the league so far in his career and he has no reason to believe that will change during his career if he stays here.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
That's the thing about getting into a conflict with an idiot...he'll drag you down to his level and then beat you to death with stupidity.

Especially when they control the Mic. You can't win getting into a spitting contest with the media because they get the last word they control the dialog. This is the reason so many give the cookie cutter answers

slomoxn

Reaction score
I didn't watch but the most interesting thing said by the originator is about Dez, we basically have a stallion in the barn with a bunch of mules.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Whenever I hear someone pining for players who really haven't accomplished too much to start running their mouth and prancing like peacocks, I think of this....

Or maybe we can just visualize that break dancer is SAS and the other guy is Romo...lol

Last edited:

lostar2009

Reaction score
Note to jerry...... Your team needs a strength and personality coach.
:D

Swagger comes with winning zordon . Until we do it's all idle talk. Besides we got rid of that no good non leader d ware. What more could you possibly want.

I agree, how can you talk smack if you don't win? Bobby is with a sb winning team. He can talk MAJOR smack. Our 2007 cowboys was cocky and stuff. But if you can't win you have to be like Demarcco.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
SAS needs his tailed kicked beyond recognition.
I'm sick of his relentless Cowboy hate.

Yes, like about 28-29 other teams In the NFL, the Cowboys don't have what Seattle has right now.

And yes, I know Z in particular loves brash talk and Seattle had that in spades.
We understand that..and Seattle earned that right.

Occasionally in this day of age...maybe 1out of 10...brash talk is actually backed up with brash play. All the rest of the 90% it's just that ..a bunch of hollow bs talk.

What was said earlier is true...if a Cowboy talks too much crap, everyone sees it as totally useless. Get so get some skins of the wall first before you start running your freak in mouth.

Agreed.

If anyone reveres the Landry years, the knock on him was that he he was cold, emotionless, and detatched -- not a players' coach.
Belichek is similar.

Winning comes in many forms, but the common link is the play on the field -- not the BS during or outside of the game.

Typically, a person who toots their own horn so much feels a strong need for it, in order to bolster their own insecurity.
Confidence and inner strength have little to do with posturing, bragging, dissing, swag, "in your grill", or any other theatrics.

A truly strong confident person doesn't even hear all that crap -- he just smiles to himself, remains cool and calm, then buries the competition.

Like Landry and Belichek.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Except for the blood and gore, First Take is not all that dissimilar from The Itchy & Scratchy Show.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Agreed.

If anyone reveres the Landry years, the knock on him was that he he was cold, emotionless, and detatched -- not a players' coach.
Belichek is similar.

Winning comes in many forms, but the common link is the play on the field -- not the BS during or outside of the game.

Typically, a person who toots their own horn so much feels a strong need for it, in order to bolster their own insecurity.
Confidence and inner strength have little to do with posturing, bragging, dissing, swag, "in your grill", or any other theatrics.

A truly strong confident person doesn't even hear all that crap -- he just smiles to himself, remains cool and calm, then buries the competition.

But Landry had a lot of class...and a hat of the times.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
So one player is on first take and isn't a loud mouth, and now the entire team has a personality problem, and it's Garrett's and Jerry's fault...well, alrighty then.....
if he was like Richard Sherman you would complain he needs to shut up....
1 freaking week until camp starts.....can't get here soon enough, but I'm sure it will be nit picked to the negative side by the usual suspects before we get any true evaluations....

This is what we've become as a fan base, thanks to the few who whine the loudest.

TheFinisher

Reaction score
To say brashness and swagger doesn't matter is fine and all, New England and Belichick have never been about that.

But they don't cower and put their tail between their legs when another team punches them in the mouth and gets in their face... Dallas does. Somewhere along the line this team took on the personality of avoiding confrontation... When it gets real on the field, we seem to wither. We allow ourselves to get bullied... ESPECIALLY in cold weather games late in the season.

We 'll see if bringing in a lot of young guys will change that, like so many here are excited about. Good thing is we get to find out week 1 when the Niners come to town, they're going to try and bully us in our own stadium. Hope to see something different out of this team, tired of being seen around the league as a soft pushover team.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To say brashness and swagger doesn't matter is fine and all, New England and Belichick have never been about that.

But they don't cower and put their tail between their legs when another team punches them in the mouth and gets in their face... Dallas does. Somewhere along the line this team took on the personality of avoiding confrontation... When it gets real on the field, we seem to wither. We allow ourselves to get bullied... ESPECIALLY in cold weather games late in the season.

We 'll see if bringing in a lot of young guys will change that, like so many here are excited about. Good thing is we get to find out week 1 when the Niners come to town, they're going to try and bully us in our own stadium. Hope to see something different out of this team, tired of being seen around the league as a soft pushover team.

how in the heck did you come up with this....Who was the team that played the Eagles in the last game, that team did not give up, they punched back. Who was the team that punched back on the Commanders in a must win game, and seems to me any other QB would have left that game, but no, Romo punched backed and won the game....

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
There's not much Demarco can say. We are what we are. It's easier to talk big when you're actually winning. I agree though that I miss the way this team used to act. Now we get pushed around by everyone.

I don't agree with the idea we get pushed around. Teams talked about how physical the OL was last year. I don't think we lack toughness. We are for sure not brash and I do miss that a bit. But talk doesn't do anything on grass.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Agreed.

Belichek is similar.

So you're saying that Bobby Wagner is not confident?

CCBoy

Reaction score
how in the heck did you come up with this....Who was the team that played the Eagles in the last game, that team did not give up, they punched back. Who was the team that punched back on the Commanders in a must win game, and seems to me any other QB would have left that game, but no, Romo punched backed and won the game....

Ownership is 9/10th on possession, except on a football board...lol.

birdwells1

Reaction score

Who was the team that beat up on losing teams and didn't beat a winning team all year?