The Cowboys need a Free Agent DE next season

TonyRomo17

Reaction score
My issue with Hughes is that he was a bust before joining that DL. He has some ability, but I think he becomes very average on the right side without 3 stars eating blockers.

If JPP was smart he would be looking for a two year deal. Two years of high play somewhere else gets him Mario Williams money. A two year deal should net him 5 to 6 per. I dont think he will get 6 if he signs a long term deal this year

Yup thats why I expect JPP to be affordable, just depends if he wants to come here and if we want him

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
If JPP was smart he would be looking for a two year deal. Two years of high play somewhere else gets him Mario Williams money. A two year deal should net him 5 to 6 per. I dont think he will get 6 if he signs a long term deal this year

Not interested in him for a variety of reasons. The first reason is he is likely to ask for the moon. Second, I question his heart and effort. I don't think he really loves to play and honestly he has milked relatively minor injuries. Has the talent but not the extra things that make a great player.

gmoney112

Reaction score
If they follow the same asinine blueprint as this past offseason, Jones and Co. sign a cheap no-talent and claim success just like they did with the Mincey signing.

Did you ignore the cap altogether just to attempt to further your own agenda?

Because it really isn't that difficult to understand.

Alexander

Reaction score
Yup thats why I expect JPP to be affordable, just depends if he wants to come here and if we want him

Never underestimate the fact that there is always a dumb team out there that will give a "freak" more money than they are worth.

Alexander

Reaction score
Did you ignore the cap altogether just to attempt to further your own agenda?

Because it really isn't that difficult to understand.

I was told here, we could do whatever we wanted in free agency. You will hear this again this year.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not interested in him for a variety of reasons. The first reason is he is likely to ask for the moon. Second, I question his heart and effort. I don't think he really loves to play and honestly he has milked relatively minor injuries. Has the talent but not the extra things that make a great player.

Agreed.

He hasn't been an elite pass rusher in 3 years.

If the Cowboys want to pay $5 mil a season for 1/2 a dozen sacks then he's their man.

gmoney112

Reaction score
I was told here, we could do whatever we wanted in free agency. You will hear this again this year.

I've also read here that Suh is overrated and Romo should be benched for Weeden. That doesn't make it accurate.

You never did answer my question.

Alexander

Reaction score
I've also read here that Suh is overrated and Romo should be benched for Weeden. That doesn't make it accurate.

If you read my other post below, I already acknowledged the cap issues and explained my stance fully. Try to read that before demanding answers.

Alexander

Reaction score
Agreed.

He hasn't been an elite pass rusher in 3 years.

If the Cowboys want to pay $5 mil a season for 1/2 a dozen sacks then he's their man.

Whew.

For a second I thought you would start talking about spending that kind of money on a CB.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Suh's a "monster" this season. He has 4 sacks, 8 QB hits, and leads all DT's with 29 pressures.

JPP has been good, but not a difference maker (lately).

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

These are my concerns as well. It's why an interview would be so critical.

gmoney112

Reaction score
If you read my other post below, I already acknowledged the cap issues and explained my stance fully. Try to read that before demanding answers.

So, your original post was completely misconstrued and served no other purpose than to take an undeserved jab at management even while, you admittedly state, they had a lack of resources to allocate in the first place.

Understood. Carry on.

Nexx

Reaction score
Spencer's another year removed from surgery. Mincey was just getting acclimated to the scheme. Lawrence is like a new draft pick. Selvie was hurt all year.

Wait for it and Go Cowboys.

honestly at his age after that major surgery spencer is done. selvie is a JAG who over achieved last year. mincey has been in this league for awhile. he isnt magically gonna be a stud all the sudden. lawrence, i have hope for ... we could use an established End for sure.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Whew.

For a second I thought you would start talking about spending that kind of money on a CB.

Well not in this thread. :D

The Cowboys seem darned and determined to play zone with their corners, to spend oodles on a top-flight man-to-man corner (again) obviously wouldn't be a good move.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
honestly at his age after that major surgery spencer is done. selvie is a JAG who over achieved last year. mincey has been in this league for awhile. he isnt magically gonna be a stud all the sudden. lawrence, i have hope for ... we could use an established End for sure.

Mincey has been OK, but he shouldn't be a starter. Two new DE's would be great. Maybe a 1st or 2nd round draft pick along with a FA pickup.

Alexander

Reaction score
So, your original post was completely misconstrued and served no other purpose than to take an undeserved jab at management even while, you admittedly state, they had a lack of resources to allocate in the first place.

Understood. Carry on.

Nothing undeserved about the jab.

Whose fault is it again there was no cap space?

Oh yes, that poor management that really is just an innocent victim in this whole process.

Don't blame us, we just painted ourselves into a corner. Meanwhile, chew on me selling you that Jeremy Mincey is really really worth being signed right out of the gate in free agency.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I still don't get all the love for JPP.

It's because the JPP of pre-back surgery days hasn't left the minds of many Cowboy fans.

Plus it doesn't hurt that during every Cowboy/Giant game huge amounts of bro-love are heaped on JPP by the announcers... well beyond what the guy actually deserves based on his level of play the last 3 years. You listen to the announcers and they make it sound like he's still getting 17 sacks a season.