The Cowboys Need Elliott More Than Elliott Needs the Cowboys

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't recall mentioning that in this article.
Discussions evolve. I was responding to comments in this thread, and if you weren’t aware of how that conversation was tracking you missed the context.

blueblood70

Reaction score
LOL... Zeke would be working at Burger King if it weren’t for the Cowboys.
REALLLY so he doesnt get picked a few picks later ? give me a break..

.Freakin trolls hes be a super star elite back no matter who picked him..he would not be working anywhere but in the NFL where he was destined since HS..hes been great everywhere..SMH..

Not saying we cant survive without him but we are better with him..

blueblood70

Reaction score
I definitely don't think he has all the cards but I also don't buy the "Zeke has no leverage" line I've read here many times.

The Cowboys want him to come back. That's why they're making offers when they really don't have to do anything.
:hammer:

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I thought it was obvious my point was that the agent working for a bigger payday doesn’t somehow mean Zeke doesn’t want to play for the Cowboys.
And I thought it was clear, I never made that point for you to even argue it

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Discussions evolve. I was responding to comments in this thread, and if you weren’t aware of how that conversation was tracking you missed the context.
I understand things get cross reference. But you can't blame me for someone else's cross-referencing. Go Cowboys no problem. For future reference I take everything on an individual basis. I thought I'd made that clear. Throughout my posting history

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
REALLLY so he doesnt get picked a few picks later ? give me a break..

.Freakin trolls hes be a super star elite back no matter who picked him..he would not be working anywhere but in the NFL where he was destined since HS..hes been great everywhere..SMH..

Not saying we cant survive without him but we are better with him..
Why does everyone think this post has something to do with the draft. Could it be any time and Elliott's career he's talking about. Did I miss something

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Zeke 100% needs Dallas. No show no pay. No NFL pay from any other team either if Dallas so chooses because they would retains Zeke's rights.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
That's the title of the article - don't @ me.

The Cowboys need Elliott more than he needs the franchise, and he is good enough to warrant a big contract, even bigger than Gurley’s. Dallas relies on Elliott to make their offense run the way they want it to...The Cowboys have neither an offensive genius on the headset or a generational talent at quarterback.

Dallas loses the crux of their offensive system and any hopes of championship contention in what will be their last year of financial flexibility before the bill comes for all the young talent they’ve accumulated. They may have the contractual leverage, but as far as the football goes, they need Elliott. And he knows that.

It's an interesting take. I think the Cowboys and Zeke need each other. Pollard has looked good, but is Jerry ready to roll those dice this season given other contracts coming soon and his desire for another trophy?

https://thebiglead.com/2019/08/24/ezekiel-elliott-holdout-cowboys-highest-paid-running-back/
Nope. The only way Zeke gets a paycheck is if he shows up. He needs the Cowboys end of story.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Why would you believe/post such nonsense from an article that is written by some guy that is a "Fordham grad who enjoys reading, writing, and playing video games. He lives in New York and is an unapologetic New England sports fan"?! o_O
^^^ times a hundred.

T-RO

Reaction score
Jimmy G is the worst contract.

Gurley scored more TD last season alone in an arthritic knee than garoppolo has in his entire career. And he has the benefit of throwing the ball and touching it every snap he’s in.

Both the Gurley and Jimmy G contract might end up as disasters.

But Gurley wasn't even the best back on the Ram's roster in the latter half of last season. QB's are inherently worth more contract.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Without a doubt we want this kid back. But that's not even the issue it's how much are we going to pay for the kids to come back. That's the only issue I believe
apparently more then Bell and bit less then Gurley..thats the latest and I hope Zeke sees this as big win and check in this week..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Why does everyone think this post has something to do with the draft. Could it be any time and Elliott's career he's talking about. Did I miss something
does it matter , other players like Josh Gordon much worse, Gregory , many many to list, they arent flipping burgers..Point Great Players will get all the chances they want..Is Hardy Flipping burgers? he got what 10mil from us for that one year? id say he saved some money up and then found a way to use his violent nature for new career, NOT FLIPPING BURGERS..Jerry didnt save Zekes Career , sure Zeke owes him debt of gratitude for fighting tooth and nail for him but RG should have been taking to the woodshed long before that..everyone knows that 6game suspensions was recommended to not happen and it still did..Zekes bit Immature sure, but I promise you he would be fine here or anywhere else.. SEE Example BELL wanted out, wanted money , got his way..sure do I find him giving up 13mil FT tag money utterly ridiculous even insane, sure.. but hes been suspended a few times, right? Held out , correct?

Got paid and to use a great PUN on a RB, landed on his feet just fine..:))

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
If Zeke can't sign a top 2 RB contract, he can go pound sand in Cabo. No paycheck for 2 years, keep his option year and get no paycheck for another year if he likes. Then trade him to someone who has no offensive line, like Arizona.

Big_D

Reaction score
If Zeke can't sign a top 2 RB contract, he can go pound sand in Cabo. No paycheck for 2 years, keep his option year and get no paycheck for another year if he likes. Then trade him to someone who has no offensive line, like Arizona.

The holdout was ballsy to begin with. This move screams POS. See what you can get and part ways.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
And I thought it was clear, I never made that point for you to even argue it
You didn't make that point. Some people just have to be the strawman to make themselves feel like they are contributing to the conversation.