The Cowboys play that hurt you the worst!

Blake

Reaction score
Again, reading comprehension bud. I never even mentioned Crayton in any posts but you are obviously crazy and are mixing people up.

So, do you soley just blame Crayton?

Erod said "it's all he'll ever be remembered for" There seems to be a focused effort among Romostans to pin it all on Crayton and excuse Romo for his mistakes that cost the game.

I don't know if that's you, but it was a safe generalization. Not a reading comprehension issue, I honestly don't hang on your every word. I get the gist of your retort and respond. Again on a slow mobile, but when I'm at my computer have more time to take everything in.

Hardline

Reaction score
Watch the Buck and Troy Aikman broadcast. Aikman said it was an overthrow. You tried it.
I can't find the Aikman call.
But even that crew mentioned Crayton stopping on his rout.

Hardline

Reaction score
I'll crop a clip later. Aikman calls it an overthrow. "Dur....Chekmate..."

This clip shows exactly what my clip showed. It showed Crayton letting up on his rout. He didn't run to the spot of the ball. Crayton wasn't where Romo expected him to be
Crayton finishes his rout and the Cowboys win the game

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
This clip shows exactly what my clip showed. It showed Crayton letting up on his rout. He didn't run to the spot of the ball. Crayton wasn't where Romo expected him to be
Crayton finishes his rout and the Cowboys win the game
Crayton was garbage

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
The-Catch.jpg

stiletto

Reaction score
Anyone that talks about the Dez play being their worst moment. You are making a lot of us just old decrepit cooters. Ugh.... The Dez play was bad, I get it. Could've gotten another playoff game but if you study the history of the NFL. The Catch was landscape changing for the whole NFL for 2+ decades. It was really bad because the Cowboys were on the bad end of it ALL until the 90s.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Only pick one.
The play that hurt you the worst, and what did you do.

Me: The Leon Lett debacle on Thanksgiving Day against the Dolphins. You remember: we have the game won after Miami misses a field goal, and here comes Leon Lett. When everyone was motioning to stay away from the ball, Lett decides he needs to recover the ball. Slides on the snow. The ball is recovered by the Dolphins. They kick the field goal. They win the game.

I was so upset, I went to my room (I was visiting my parents for Thanksgiving) and slept the rest of the night. No second helpings for me. I was done. Didn't want to eat. Didn't want to talk to anyone.

The Catch.
Rodgers to Cook
Dez No-Catch
Romo botched hold

stiletto

Reaction score
The Catch.
Rodgers to Cook
Dez No-Catch
Romo botched hold

I have to say, you nailed it. Probably some things in the Super Bowl with the Colts between The Catch and "Rodgers to Cook" but those are true 4 bad issues. LOL Nothing compares to "The Catch" to me as bad. It ripped many hearts out including my 6 year old one at the time.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
That dez catch stayed with me for a while. Lots of sleep lost to that game.

Honorable mention: Patrick crayton not catching that pass in the 07 divisional game.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Ok, just as I say when fans are railing on Dak, why does liking Dak or Romo mean that you have to dislike the other QB? We are fortunate to have had 2 very good QBs back to back. One undrafted (Romo) and a comp 4th round pick (Dak). Thats incredible when you think of all the teams that have struggled to find quality QBs in round 1. Hell, Denver has a HOF QB running them, and they still are struggling to find a quality QB. So, let's just be grateful that we had Romo and have Dak.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
Only pick one.

Me: The Leon Lett debacle on Thanksgiving Day against the Dolphins. You remember: we have the game won after Miami misses a field goal, and here comes Leon Lett. When everyone was motioning to stay away from the ball, Lett decides he needs to recover the ball. Slides on the snow. The ball is recovered by the Dolphins. They kick the field goal. They win the game.

I was so upset, I went to my room (I was visiting my parents for Thanksgiving) and slept the rest of the night. No second helpings for me. I was done. Didn't want to eat. Didn't want to talk to anyone.

I admit I didn’t read the comments but the Dez caught it play easy

Red Dragon

Reaction score
Only pick one.

The fact that the Cowboys won the Super Bowl that year in the end surely makes this kind of irrelevant? All is well that ends well.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
For me, 3 plays sting:

1. "The Catch" doesn't bother me so much as the Eric Davis tackle on Drew Pearson that took place a few plays later. Had Pearson eluded Davis (which he could have,) it would be a 34-28 Dallas victory.
  2. Patrick Crayton quitting on his route - again, a Giants game; 2007 divisional playoffs. Had he just run his route two yards deeper, it is the easiest of touchdowns and Cowboys win that playoff game 24-21.
  3. Irvin not getting both feet in bounds when Dallas was trying to mount that comeback against San Francisco in the 1994 conference title game. Dallas was trailing 21-7; had Irvin caught it it would have been 21-14. Instead Dallas had to try a field goal, which missed, leaving the Cowboys still trailing 21-7 and having lost all their momentum. I do think that would have been a very different game from that point on.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
That hit Lavar Arrington put on Aikman .

Aikman's career was bound to end one way or another. He was running on fumes already by that point, had 8 or 9 concussions by then, I think, and the Cowboys were never going to sniff the playoffs that season.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
You’re such a tool. Why not make a thread “The play the made you jump so high with enjoyment”. But noooooo, haters gonna wallow in their misery and try to bring everyone else down to their level. You suck.

At what point is it going to sink into your seemingly empty head that no amount of bile and negativity is going to get others to be more positive?

You’re like.a 500 lb toothless cheerleader who cusses out fans because they don’t want to follow your ugly lead.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Jackie Smith's butt sliding, bounced square offa' his Superbowl playing Jerseys stenciled number, in a flubbed up guaranteed & badly needed endzoneT.D.,,,er,,, and also that K.C. T.D. they ran against our prevent defence a couple years back ,,,30 seconds before the end of that first half of game play ,,, pretty much will continue to forever fry my bacon over witnessing that,,,err,,,o_O:mad:o_O