The Cowboys play that hurt you the worst!

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
At what point is it going to sink into your seemingly empty head that no amount of bile and negativity is going to get others to be more positive?

You’re like.a 500 lb toothless cheerleader who cusses out fans because they don’t want to follow your ugly lead.
Ya know bro! I'd seen the other day in where a longtime forum member/friend who was dropping by just to see& not talk for about a year now,,,so, I'd P.M. him,,,and Dude came back, almost straight outta' the gate with his fur all throwed up& bristling over our fellow forum fan Rockport w/ his grumpy bear with a sore leaking butt eye bleeding out total intolerance towards others,,,funny part about the correspondence ,was that my " Hey Man! How r u & where u bin" got shoved to the back burner,,, cuz' I had to hear about what such a miserable prick that R.P. guy was in his opined lurkers view,,,,& that ain't no lie:facepalm:

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
Ya know bro! I'd seen the other day in where a longtime forum member/friend who was dropping by just to see& not talk for about a year now,,,so, I'd P.M. him,,,and Dude came back, almost straight outta' the gate with his fur all throwed up& bristling over our fellow forum fan Rockport w/ his grumpy bear with a sore leaking butt eye bleeding out total intolerance towards others,,,funny part about the correspondence ,was that my " Hey Man! How r u & where u bin" got shoved to the back burner,,, cuz' I had to hear about what such a miserable prick that R.P. guy was in his opined lurkers view,,,,& that ain't no lie:facepalm:

I’m not surprised, friend. @Rockport does more to contribute to the board negativity he claims to despise than just about any poster I can call to mind. I’m sure your the friend you mention isn’t the only one he’s chased off.

Johnny23

Reaction score
Honestly.

The 1994 NFC Championship:
Ken Norton, Jr. Injuring and taking out Emmitt out of the game. To me it was a cheap shot and because of the non-PI call gets ignored but it should have been called a late hit out of bounds. Norton knew what he had done and it makes me sick to this day thinking about it.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Only pick one.
The play that hurt you the worst, and what did you do.

Me: The Leon Lett debacle on Thanksgiving Day against the Dolphins. You remember: we have the game won after Miami misses a field goal, and here comes Leon Lett. When everyone was motioning to stay away from the ball, Lett decides he needs to recover the ball. Slides on the snow. The ball is recovered by the Dolphins. They kick the field goal. They win the game.

I was so upset, I went to my room (I was visiting my parents for Thanksgiving) and slept the rest of the night. No second helpings for me. I was done. Didn't want to eat. Didn't want to talk to anyone.

There are alot of plays like Murrays fumble against Green Bay but the one thats jumps into m mind first is the NFC Championship game in 1994 against the 49ers.

We were down 3 scores really quick but came back to make it a 1 score game right before halftime. Instead of running out the clock and taking the momentum into the 2nd half we tried to score again and went 3 and out. Then Young hit Rice for a score. That killed all our momentum.

I was watching the game with my friends and all were against the Cowboys just because they already won the last 2 SBs. I got laughed at. Man i was so angry.

If we had beaten them we would have gone easily to 3 SB wins in a row. The Charger in the SB were no match for SanFran nor should they have been for us.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Convenient how ya'll want to ignore the very next play which is Romo throwing an interception to seal the game for the Giants.
Your a riot! was the last play of the game and he had to throw it into coverage. I think Dak would of taken a sack so it wouldnt affect his stats.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I seem to remember a play where the Cowboys were tied and driving for a game winning FG against the Commanders and Sean Taylor picked the ball off and started running it back and was tackled at the 50 but a face mask penalty moved the Commanders into FG range and they kicked the FG and won the game. I think it was Romo who threw the pick. But it always seems that every time Dallas and Washington play there are crazy plays that turn the game.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
The Catch or the
Jackie Smith's butt sliding, bounced square offa' his Superbowl playing Jerseys stenciled number, in a flubbed up guaranteed & badly needed endzoneT.D.,,,er,,, and also that K.C. T.D. they ran against our prevent defence a couple years back ,,,30 seconds before the end of that first half of game play ,,, pretty much will continue to forever fry my bacon over witnessing that,,,err,,,o_O:mad:o_O
That's the one for me too.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Tie - apologies to original post.

1. The Catch
  2. Any of the first quarter turnovers vs the 49ers in 1994 that prevented the third SB in a row, a game in which Aikman had perhaps his finest game, almost bringing us back to victory.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I threw a bottle through a 26in Sears console TV. When Smith dropped the ball in the end zone against Pittsburgh. In the Super Bowl. , True story

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Only pick one.

Me: The Leon Lett debacle on Thanksgiving Day against the Dolphins. You remember: we have the game won after Miami misses a field goal, and here comes Leon Lett. When everyone was motioning to stay away from the ball, Lett decides he needs to recover the ball. Slides on the snow. The ball is recovered by the Dolphins. They kick the field goal. They win the game.

I was so upset, I went to my room (I was visiting my parents for Thanksgiving) and slept the rest of the night. No second helpings for me. I was done. Didn't want to eat. Didn't want to talk to anyone.

Jackie Smith......:(

Blake

Reaction score
Your a riot! was the last play of the game and he had to throw it into coverage. I think Dak would of taken a sack so it wouldnt affect his stats.

So, that's the new excuse you Romosexuals have to come up with. He had to throw it into coverage? Is that what elite QBs do? Throw the ball into coverage with 16 seconds left on the clock instead of getting the ball into their receivers hands? WOW. The fact remains that Romo threw the game ending interception and it will forever be apart of his playoff legacy.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Did Romo beat you out for the starting job in high school or something? You talk about Romo more than Candice and you regurgitate other's opinions like an ESPN "analyst".
we all watched the game regardless of the outcome it all ended that way because we had to play out of desperation because Patrick Crayton dropped 3rd down conversion and pulled up on sure big play or TD.. 90% of fans put that as the Crayton Debacle..once your team is out into those stations where its desperation final play , the defense knows what you are doing and makes it tough.. PC you sTuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Jackie Smith drop in the end Zone against the stealers and then seeing Tom's expression and my expression at the same time. My dad was going for the stealers.

Blake

Reaction score
we all watched the game regardless of the outcome it all ended that way because we had to play out of desperation because Patrick Crayton dropped 3rd down conversion and pulled up on sure big play or TD.. 90% of Romosexuals put that as the Crayton Debacle..once your team is out into those stations where its desperation final play , the defense knows what you are doing and makes it tough.. PC you sTuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fixed your statement. The objective football world that doesnt bow at the alter of Romo knows he misfired on 11 of his 18 final passes and threw the game ending pick. Romo is just as responsible for the loss, but sure lets pin it all on Crayton :rolleyes:

The mob mentality you Romostans exhibit to tear other players down and excuse Romo is beyond reason.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Only pick one.

The Patrick Crayton drop against the Giants in the 2007 divisional playoff game. That play changed everything. He catches that and the Cowboys win and probably go on to at least get into the Super Bowl.

Blake

Reaction score
The Patrick Crayton drop against the Giants in the 2007 divisional playoff game. That play changed everything. He catches that and the Cowboys win and probably go on to at least get into the Super Bowl.

If Romo doesn't throw an interception with 16 seconds of clock to work with, Cowboys likely win.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Fixed your statement. The objective football world that doesnt bow at the alter of Romo knows he misfired on 11 of his 18 final passes and threw the game ending pick. Romo is just as responsible for the loss, but sure lets pin it all on Crayton :rolleyes:

The mob mentality you Romostans exhibit to tear other players down and excuse Romo is beyond reason.
NOT ALL but we are talking KEY PLAY as stated in OP..PC was responsible for 2 horrible plays that caused the Offense to later be in all throw desperation mode that keys the defense to pin their ears back.. sure win or lose as team but we are talking key plays and you s ROMOHATER cant see through the hate cloud to know we were talking PLAY that hurt the most and those 2 int ag one game were devastating..a last second heave by a lot of QBs can turn out that way its like the hail mary without the distance..the defense knows this ask Russell Wilson how that feel to be picked off late in big game that ended the game.?? TB had games like this last Playoff game but his team overcame it.. PC was the catalyst to that loss and most will always blame him, we all realize there are other factors and players that aided in the loss but PC turned the Flow of the game when we could have taken control and not been in the late close mess of game..Sports guys understand this..bad calls, bad plays, mistakes in the flow of the game that creates the desperate last drive or to are the factors in losing the game more then the last plays..

FACT Troy Aikman threw for 40% less TDs and 40% more INTs for his CAREER then Romo, stat wise Romo was the best QB in Cowboys history(it is about production at your postion that you have to judge, players on teams with a HOF coach and 12 HOF players have distinct advantage, wins and losses are TEAM Stat, your individual stats are your job and should be used to judge a player vs his counterparts)..I luv Aikman and all the historical QBs that came here but Romo did all he could being undrafted learning for 3 years and if not for injuries' hes could have been even more..so NOT giving Romo his props is worse then Romo supporters over hyping him its disrespectful IMO..

FACT

TRoy
165 4,715 2,898 61.5 28.6 32,942 7.0 199.6 165 3.5 141 3.0 90 313 60 259 1,748 81.6
career add only 165 Tds 22 fumbles lost to 141 INTs hm who was mistake prone?

Romo,

156 4,335 2,829 65.3 27.8 34,183 7.9 219.1 248 5.7 117 2.7 85 437 87 248 1,672 97.1

248TDS only 117 ints to 27fumbules lost

are you kidding me way less INTs and way more Tds similar fumbles better comp percentage, better QBR, better better..what more does a undrafted FA raw QB have to do to get respect?

Fact Romo was better in every way accept he didnt have the HOF coaches, HOF player support surrounding him and played in different era..

its why some compare Daks career up to this point to an Aikman , aikman wasn't lights out most occasions and leaned on the coaching and ESmith running and great defense to win close games..dont get me wrong I loved Aikman and the 90s teams that won all the SBs but and Aikman stepped up big time in the playoffs and SB but really those were Team wins and Esmith like Zeke is to Dak was bigger factor..

People want to argue if Troy was in a more pass happy offense he would have had more stats but that doesnt pan out given all the fumbles and ints he already threw and lack of TDs period..

those supporting Tony have every reason and stats dont lie..Troy was more mistake prone and less dynamic in the regular season then Troy by long shot..haters hate facts disprove your theory's..

Last edited: