The Cowboys play that hurt you the worst!

Cebrin

Reaction score
I really appreciate that recent post about the ignore option. I'm filling a lot of gaps in it on this thread. :D

Blake

Reaction score
:laugh: The mere fact that anyone watches that, and blames it on Romo. :lmao2:o_O:rolleyes:
"A hesitation." Nah.... He second guessed, clearly. It would have hit him in stride.

Romo hit the the Giants in stride on the following play and revealed his un- clutch factor. Put me on ignore though, because we know you Romosexuals are too thin skinned when it comes to the truth regarding your bae. I just interpret it as another CZ poster's head I get to hang on my wall.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dallas would still have trailed 38-35. There is this automatic assumption by many Cowboys fans that Deion's PI somehow doomed Dallas to defeat. The Cowboys still had quite a few hurdles to overcome to win, even had a flag been thrown.

True, but it would have given it a good possibility

tyke1doe

Reaction score
You gotta be joking. "The Catch" is by far the single worst moment in Cowboys history. It ended the long standing "Landry" dynasty and started a new one with Walsh. I was a kiddo (5 yrs old) but I knew what happened then and I still know it until this day. It was huge.

I rarely get upset about celebrities or sports people that die but when Bill Walsh died, I admit, I got a little choked up out of respect. That guy was brilliant and I would never say that often about coaches on other teams all the way growing up.

I was upset by that play, but it didn't have the same impact on me as the Thanksgiving play. Doesn't mean the Thanksgiving play was more significant, it just hurt the worst.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
:lmao: I always figure you as to having a pretty good load of idiot in you
:lmao::lmao2::lmao:

* man, that was probably a $400 t.v. or maybe like $600? I never understood that level of intensity, when I was a kid,I'd heard the neighbors 4 or 5 y.o. kid had thrown an ashtray ,busting the picture tube, cuz' the Indians were fixing to burn to death John Wayne, as they had him staked out on the ground,and he either was trying to stop them from doing it or was just trying to make the impending horror go away (idk)
But,I've always thought it was hilarious:lmao:
That was back in the 70s fresh out of the military. I don't have that streak in me any longer. A wife and three daughters later. I have three daughters with master's degree I didn't finish High School. You always want them to be better than you. I had a tough childhood

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
:lmao: I always figure you as to having a pretty good load of idiot in you
:lmao::lmao2::lmao:

* man, that was probably a $400 t.v. or maybe like $600? I never understood that level of intensity, when I was a kid,I'd heard the neighbors 4 or 5 y.o. kid had thrown an ashtray ,busting the picture tube, cuz' the Indians were fixing to burn to death John Wayne, as they had him staked out on the ground,and he either was trying to stop them from doing it or was just trying to make the impending horror go away (idk)
But,I've always thought it was hilarious:lmao:
But you're right that probably was a $400 TV set back then.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Romo hit the the Giants in stride on the following play and revealed his un- clutch factor. Put me on ignore though, because we know you Romosexuals are too thin skinned when it comes to the truth regarding your bae. I just interpret it as another CZ poster's head I get to hang on my wall.
You know when I say I no longer have expectations of failure when something goes a little bit backwards. Because every time there was a penalty just before we are going into the red zone. Or something strange happened you know Tony was going to throw an interception. Never failed. Always at the inopportune time. It's not how many mistakes it's when you have them. Tom Landry what I said not a cool bone in your body. Now look I'm a Tony Romo fan the guy had guts courage. But I think he was a self-centered individual. Why else would you have going to Cabo during the playoffs. I never took him as a team player that's why he had BFFs

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm going to the Patriots game this season Curry how was there the last time the Cowboys played the Patriots. All day I was telling people Sean Lee would be a difference-maker. Sure enough and intercepts Brady late in the fourth quarter. Ice cream Sean Lee the stadium was quiet my voice carries everybody heard me. What happens next Romo misses mile Austin over the middle we lose the game.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Mitch Hoopes getting a punt blocked in the 3rd quarter of SB X kinda sucked. Dallas was up 10-7 at the time.

The safety and TD after the resulting free kick gave the Steelers a lead they never relinquished.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
THE CATCH...then the tackle..same game. in 1981. Folks forget, after Clark caught the TD...Danny white threw an absolute dart through arms to Tony Hill or Pearson....and if not for a fingertip tackle , that's a long game winning TD catch...a walk off win.THAT HURT.
It was Pearson. And if the league still had far-away jerseys, Pearson scores.:mad:

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
The no call in 94 when Deion tackled Irvin in the red zone.

Dallas had a legit shot at coming back and winning that game if the refs do their job.

D4KADON

Reaction score
People are still crucifying Romo?

Wade Phillips came out directly after the game and called out crayon

I’ve seen that game 100s of times. Crayton has two horrible plays, fasano had an abysmal end zone drop, barber was gassed by the 3rd quarter, and Romo overthrew a td to TO.

Blaming it on Romo is just silly and flat out wrong. The offense didn’t come to play. By the way, who was coaching the offense that year

As for the thread, the dez catch will always hurt me

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
And Romo wilted on the final play to seal the deal with an interception. How convenient ya'll sweep that play under the rug.

Ya he wilted trying to throw a 23 yard pass into the endzone to win the game while every Giant knew that was where he had to go with the ball, Dak would have bounced the ball at the 5 yard line. I swear some of you guys got your football knowledge out of a cracker jack box

Red Dragon

Reaction score
As for all the agony about The Catch, isn't it arguable that, without The Catch, there would be no 1990s Cowboys dynasty? It would have changed too many things over the course of Cowboys history between 1981-1988.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
The Catch.

I would also say Michael Irvin's injury in Charlotte in the divisional game in '96. With that play, the party was over and almost 25 years later, hasn't restarted.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
The fact that the Cowboys won the Super Bowl that year in the end surely makes this kind of irrelevant? All is well that ends well.
Not in the moment that it happened. At that moment, that play hurt. Now, it doesn't.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
At what point is it going to sink into your seemingly empty head that no amount of bile and negativity is going to get others to be more positive?

You’re like.a 500 lb toothless cheerleader who cusses out fans because they don’t want to follow your ugly lead.
:clap:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Mitch Hoopes getting a punt blocked in the 3rd quarter of SB X kinda sucked. Dallas was up 10-7 at the time.

The safety and TD after the resulting free kick gave the Steelers a lead they never relinquished.

Am I the only one who remembers Mitch Hoopes?

DFWJC

Reaction score
Ya he wilted trying to throw a 23 yard pass into the endzone to win the game while every Giant knew that was where he had to go with the ball, Dak would have bounced the ball at the 5 yard line. I swear some of you guys got your football knowledge out of a cracker jack box
Its a shame,because he threw the game winner the play before that.