The Cowboys will have QB Matthew McKay at their rookie minicamp later this week

Havic

Reaction score
He had an odd motion, but he whips the ball out.

He'd have to adjust to NFL speed, which is what will likely trip him up most. Doesn't seem to read too quick. Had lots of time that won't happen at this level.
Was noticing this in the video. Very clean pocket, late on a few of his throws which will get him picked at the NFL level. Camp body imo.

Cebrin

Reaction score
He had an odd motion, but he whips the ball out.

He'd have to adjust to NFL speed, which is what will likely trip him up most. Doesn't seem to read too quick. Had lots of time that won't happen at this level.
Atleast he reads. I've seen plenty drafted that stare down. I like his tape, but I get not hyping it. Hope he does well, though. I know it's lesser comp, but he looks better than anyone after the 3rd QB taken lol.

Jarntt

Reaction score
I suspect we Need at least 2 QBs for rookie camp and at least 4 for the rest of the off-season program

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Was noticing this in the video. Very clean pocket, late on a few of his throws which will get him picked at the NFL level. Camp body imo.
Could be, but I'd rather try to develop a QB like this than carry someone like Grier. We know what he is at this point. With this guy, we don't know what he will become. Of course, I'm one of the ones who would have kept DiNucci over Grier last season for the same reason.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Looking at his throwing motion, I think it's a combination of early Romo on that and Dak on skill set. (May be a better runner than Dak, though, especially Dak now.) Got a lot to clean up before he could even get close to the level of either, if he can get there.

I like prospects like this, though. They are essentially raw material, so if they take well to coaching and work hard, sometimes they work out.

Reaction score

Im So Sold Highly over this kid with his potential coming in not only as just for rookie minicamp but from watching his Tape he coming in for the competition cus i see untapped potential alot and would be a steal in Mike’s west coast offense and would love to see him in preseason if he’s giving that opportunity by showing off in rookie Camp