The Dak Effect - 49 points

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Not sure who's more obsessed.

Fun game today.

There's a difference between being obsessed and exposing the obsessed trolls and beating them over their heads with their own ignorance, which has polluted this board and trickled into Cowboy Nation at large.

I expect a quiet couple of weeks around here, which will be nice for a change.

Last edited:

Haimerej

Reaction score
This is where I remind people that the Bears have a top 10 defense.....

And a top 2 rushing attack.

We beat a talented team today, no matter what their record says.

Being top 10 and worst against the run isn't exactly something to brag about. Only 2 teams have seen less passes thrown against them and they've lost to every decent QB they've played.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Being top 10 and worst against the run isn't exactly something to brag about. Only 2 teams have seen less passes thrown against them and they've lost to every decent QB they've played.

Correction.

Bears are 1st in the league in rushing yards.

And 2nd in the league pass defense.

They are not very good against the run, which is why we gashed them with Pollard.

But they are good against the pass, which says something about how well Dak played today by hanging 49 points on them.

Chicago's pass d is slightly better than Dallas' pass defense.

The reason the Bears had so much success today was they were running on passing situation downs.

Crafty, but risky.. And it worked to an extent. But not enough to beat Dallas.

Last edited:

Haimerej

Reaction score
There's a different between being obsessed and exposing the obsessed trolls and beating them over their heads with their own ignorance, which has polluted this board and trickled into Cowboy Nation at large.

I expect a quiet couple of weeks around here, which will be nice for a change.

Greg's "troll hunting," is just as obnoxious as the trolling. If they're truly trolling he's just playing into their game. It's about people seeking attention.

lwehlers

Reaction score
Rush would've score 50.
i do not think that the cowboys score 49 points with rush. prescott made ten really good tight throws that rush does not have the arm to make. the oline played its best game since the giants game that helped alot. the interception was the only bad throw today from dak. if he puts a little more air in the throw lamb would have had maybe a touchdown with.

coult44

Reaction score
This is where we say it's the Bears.
So Parsons TD gets credited to Dak?
....so does a defensive TD and Pollard going for 131 rushing yards and 3 rushing TD's.

It’s amazing to me that our own fans don’t want our QB to succeed because they don’t want to admit they could ever be wrong. There is no more of a “realist” in CZ than me. I will never make excuses for 30 years of failures. I will also call out 4 when he’s bad. There’s no apologist inside of me. WTBS, y’all have to give up this craziness of Dak being a bad QB. Dak is a legit 8-12 QB in the league. And even if you don’t agree, you look as dumb as the guys who say he’s a top 5 QB when you try to argue how bad he is.

Our QB lead the team to a 49-29 victory today. There’s not one player on the team , there’s not one coach on the team, and there’s not one FO guy in the org, that won’t say Dak is the undisputed leader of the team. They will all tell you as Dak gos, the Cowboys go. Just stop the madness

Haimerej

Reaction score
It’s amazing to me that our own fans don’t want our QB to succeed because they don’t want to admit they could ever be wrong. There is no more of a “realist” in CZ than me. I will never make excuses for 30 years of failures. I will also call out 4 when he’s bad. There’s no apologist inside of me. WTBS, y’all have to give up this craziness of Dak being a bad QB. Dak is a legit 8-12 QB in the league. And even if you don’t agree, you look as dumb as the guys who say he’s a top 5 QB when you try to argue how bad he is.

Our QB lead the team to a 49-29 victory today. There’s not one player on the team , there’s not one coach on the team, and there’s not one FO guy in the org, that won’t say Dak is the undisputed leader of the team. They will all tell you as Dak gos, the Cowboys go. Just stop the madness

Why would you say I don't want the QB to succeed? Just added context.

Haimerej

Reaction score
And 2nd in the league pass defense.

They are not very good against the run, which is why we gashed them with Pollard.

But they are good against the pass, which says something about how well Dak played today by hanging 49 points on them.

Chicago's pass d is slightly better than Dallas' pass defense.

You added that later. Like I said earlier, only two teams have seen less passes thrown against them. You also have to look at their opponents QBs- Lance, Mills, Jones/Taylor, Wentz, and NE with their QB problems. They couldn't stop Rodgers or Cousins.

Just saying. This wasn't a juggernaut and yet to be determined if they're even good.

Bagman

Reaction score
Running QBs are a problem for this D.
What team has shut down running QBs? Which team? Who has blanked Fields, Hurts, Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen or Mahomes? People on this site act like its exclusively Dallas who can't stop a running QB. No one does. Those plays are usually busted plays where simple athleticism takes over. There is no plan that stops that.

Haimerej

Reaction score
What team has shut down running QBs? Which team? Who has blanked Fields, Hurts, Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen or Mahomes? People on this site act like its exclusively Dallas who can't stop a running QB. No one does. Those plays are usually busted plays where simple athleticism takes over. There is no plan that stops that.

There are ways to contain them. There were multiple times Lawrence took a bad angle and lost contain. There's a reason these, "unstoppable," running QBs have yet to win a Super Bowl. The biggest thing is maintaining discipline in your rush.