The Dak Effect - 49 points

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
People have always talked about slow starts for dak sometimes. I think the key to him playing a complete game is getting him into rhythm. When he's using his legs like he did today he gets into rhythm. Its about confidence. Picking up a couple of those key first downs early helps him get into the game. Thats when he's at his best.

Use more designed runs, read options. Its tough for the D to stop and it works. Especially with the personnel we have.

Haimerej

Reaction score
People have always talked about slow starts for dak sometimes. I think the key to him playing a complete game is getting him into rhythm. When he's using his legs like he did today he gets into rhythm. Its about confidence. Picking up a couple of those key first downs early helps him get into the game. Thats when he's at his best.

Use more designed runs, read options. Its tough for the D to stop and it works. Especially with the personnel we have.

I honestly think the 2nd drive going no huddle was part of getting him in a groove.

morat1959

Reaction score
I’m one of biggest Dak critics on here. With the exception of the one throw, he played a great game today. The biggest difference was he ran today. I’ve also preached he has to run some to be effective. That’s how he succeeded at Ms.St. inDan Mullen’s offense. IF he can stay healthy mixing in the run, we have a shot if the defense can contain a running QB. We really need help at LVEs position. He showed up and made a couple plays today but he gives up so much vs the rush. Thus our defensive ranking vs the run. My 2 cents….

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Dak played very well today.

You also have to give Moore credit for the quick hitting tempo and play selection. He only tried to screw it up once or twice with a handoff to a WR. He didn't get too crazy though.

I can't blame the call for the interception. You've got a veteran QB, you've got time to take a shot. You have to trust your QB to take it if it is there, or eat it if it's not.

Overall, I have no complaints about Dak today. He got a lot of help and he did his job very well.

Cydios

Reaction score
i do not think that the cowboys score 49 points with rush. prescott made ten really good tight throws that rush does not have the arm to make. the oline played its best game since the giants game that helped alot. the interception was the only bad throw today from dak. if he puts a little more air in the throw lamb would have had maybe a touchdown with.
It was a joke

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak played very well today.

You also have to give Moore credit for the quick hitting tempo and play selection. He only tried to screw it up once or twice with a handoff to a WR. He didn't get too crazy though.

I can't blame the call for the interception. You've got a veteran QB, you've got time to take a shot. You have to trust your QB to take it if it is there, or eat it if it's not.

Overall, I have no complaints about Dak today. He got a lot of help and he did his job very well.
They need to scrap that fake toss to the RB, then hand it to the RB crap. The idea of a fake is to draw attention away from what you're actually doing. This idiotic play actually brings the defense to the RB sooner.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
They need to scrap that fake toss to the RB, then hand it to the RB crap. The idea of a fake is to draw attention away from what you're actually doing. This idiotic play actually brings the defense to the RB sooner.
I can usually see the logic in his trick stuff but that one escapes me too. If I could ask him one question I would ask him to explain that craziness.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Where was the Dak "effect" against the Bucs?

Where was it against the Lions?

But I get it. You're desperate.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I can usually see the logic in his trick stuff but that one escapes me too. If I could ask him one question I would ask him to explain that craziness.
I could mmaaaayyyybbbeeee see if Dak faked the toss, then cut sharply away to make the defense think he was keeping it, but then he wouldn't be able to hand it off.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Dak is still kicking off the rust and is yet to play up to his standard and the last 2 weeks he’s still looked better than Rush’s ceiling. The fact people were taking about a debate is laughable.

If we can continue to run the ball well and get into a rhythm down the stretch we’ll have a top 10 offense. Still really think we need to add a WR though:

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I could mmaaaayyyybbbeeee see if Dak faked the toss, then cut sharply away to make the defense think he was keeping it, but then he wouldn't be able to hand it off.
It's like designing a double reverse where the RB hands it to the WR going the other way who then hands it to another WR running right next to him in the same direction.