The Dak Thread **merged**

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
ut let me ask you this:

Wide receiver group:
2018 - Hurns, Gallop, Butler, Williams, Beasley, Austin, Thompson
2016 - Bryant, Butler, Williams, Beasley, Whitehead

Much of this board said that Bryant has been trash since 2015. With that said is it really different? Or was Bryant that much better than we give him credit for? I heard over and over again that Hurns could easily replace what Byrant did. What did Whitehead do that Austin hasn't? Austin has already made more plays in 5 games than Whitehead did his whole career here.

So if players that accounted for 72% of WR receptions on 2016 are still on this team, and Bryant sucked, how are they "progressively worse" without some outside force effecting that? IMHO, Yes the OL, TE, and coaching is a part of it, but the QB (as a constant) has to also be a part of that equation.

The answer is Bryant was better than he's getting credit for. In 2017 he had 838 yards & 6 TDs. This may not be great (especially when you consider the amount of targets) but which current WR do you think gets close to that number? Beasley in on track for 600 and doesnt have a TD yet.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That's the point. The defense is begging Dak to beat them with stacked fronts and he is incapable. An average QB puts up 400 and 4TD against that and wins in a blowout.

LOL...….an average QB with a bad Oline, no run game, and no one to pass to would put up 400 yards? Dumb comment.

I have no problem moving on from Dak. None at all. But no rookie QB is going to look good in this offense unless the talent is immensely upgraded. And the coaching sucks as well.

Now if Prescott has DeAndre Hopkins as his WR, he easily puts up 300 yards and we win the game.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
There were plenty of plays there to be made with that bad oline, no one to throw to and bad coaching against Houston, and Dak failed to make them. The conditions aren't ideal, but I'm for seeing what the rookie can do in those conditions or we'll certainly have to worry about a QB. At worst, the rookie makes us worse instead of possibly mediocre and we're in a better position to draft a good quarterback.

Need to fix the offense before you bring a rookie in here. And no rookie is going to play over Dak and you know it. And are we really going to find a stud rookie QB with the 15th pick in the draft? Will never happen.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Not going to happen. Jerry just said on 105.3 The Fan that he absolutely believes, without a doubt, that Dak is a franchise QB for years to come.

So there ya go Zoners.
I am gonna start a "Dak or Us" Facebook page. to let Jerry know how many followers will leave the fan base of this team if Cowboys resign Dak

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Doesn't matter if he's gun shy. This is the NFL. You've got to bring it every week or you're out.

He's missing throws he has to make, and that's not good enough for the starting quarterback of this team.

Plenty of QBs are pulverized and still come back to complete the throws they should be completing. When the line breaks down and the receivers aren't open, then blame them. When Dak has time and an open receiver, then he deserves the blame, no matter how gun shy he is.

He needs to be better but he needs help and gets none. The best QBs in the league are protected and / or play in great systems. Dak has neither.

NotForLong

Reaction score
LOL...….an average QB with a bad Oline, no run game, and no one to pass to would put up 400 yards? Dumb comment.

I have no problem moving on from Dak. None at all. But no rookie QB is going to look good in this offense unless the talent is immensely upgraded. And the coaching sucks as well.

Now if Prescott has DeAndre Hopkins as his WR, he easily puts up 300 yards and we win the game.
:lmao2:almost made me spit out my coffee.

If Dak had Hopkins we all would be wondering why Hopkins lost a step and can't get open.

No running game .Did you know Zeke is leading the league in rushing. And with defenses imploying 9 men Buddy Ryan 46 defenses as a base defense against Dak and the ' Boys. Zeke and his O line are still giving him the most yards before initial contact.

Cowboy Roy you are Nothning more then a Dak Boy Toy

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Why is this team allowing DAK to wither like this?

He seems to have regressed and part of it is the new receivers..

but it's still football and DAK has an impressive list of skills but we do not use them.

Linehan instead has embarked last year and this of trying to make him a pocket passer.

He is trying g to make him another Stafford like he had in Detroit.

DAK has never and will never be that.

So why is the team failing to change the play calling?

DAK needs to be rolling out..

he needs to run RPOs every series.

At least one every possession.

Maybe run 2 or 3 in a row if needed to stop the pass rush.

I do not understand it other than they are protecting DAK against injury because they have nobody they trust to replace him.

This is understandable from the standpoint that our past has been poor on judging QBs such as Weeden and the conga line of QBs we featured in 2015.

We need to change things before the season is completely underwater.

And management needs to change how it looks at things but they do not.

Comments?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
:lmao2:almost made me spit out my coffee.

If Dak had Hopkins we all would be wondering why Hopkins lost a step and can't get open.

No running game .Did you know Zeke is leading the league in rushing. And with defenses imploying 9 men Buddy Ryan 46 defenses as a base defense against Dak and the ' Boys. Zeke and his O line are still giving him the most yards before initial contact.

Cowboy Roy you are Nothning more then a Dak Boy Toy

Love Zeke, but he did his Dak impression yesterday LOL :flagwave:Dak can fly off a bridge for all I care. But you would have to be a complete idiot to not see the difference between Hopkins and Beasley. Oh wait, you cant. :clap::clap:

jrumann59

Reaction score

but it's still football and DAK has an impressive list of skills but we do not use them.

Linehan instead has embarked last year and this of trying to make him a pocket passer.

I do not understand it other than they are protecting DAK against injury because they have nobody they trust to replace him.

This is understandable from the standpoint that our past has been poor on judging QBs such as Weeden and the conga line of QBs we featured in 2015.

Comments?

Because I think even they doubt what he can do. His roll out passes are not particularly wonderful, passing on the run is dreadful. When he has a clean pocket he can pass. I also believe he cannot read a defense pre-snap all that well. If you take a look at the past they coaches limited the back ups. Even Weeden did a lot of checking down it is almost like they have back up QB playbook. Maybe it is the playbook romo had but ignored most of the time.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

He is trying g to make him another Stafford like he had in Detroit.

Comments?

I think it's a great point and one of many reasons why this offense stinks on ice. Round pegs, square holes, and coaches who have no clue what the strengths of their own team are.