The Dak Thread **merged**

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
Why is this team allowing DAK to wither like this?

He seems to have regressed and part of it is the new receivers..

but it's still football and DAK has an impressive list of skills but we do not use them.

Linehan instead has embarked last year and this of trying to make him a pocket passer.

He is trying g to make him another Stafford like he had in Detroit.

DAK has never and will never be that.

So why is the team failing to change the play calling?

DAK needs to be rolling out..

he needs to run RPOs every series.

At least one every possession.

Maybe run 2 or 3 in a row if needed to stop the pass rush.

I do not understand it other than they are protecting DAK against injury because they have nobody they trust to replace him.

This is understandable from the standpoint that our past has been poor on judging QBs such as Weeden and the conga line of QBs we featured in 2015.

We need to change things before the season is completely underwater.

And management needs to change how it looks at things but they do not.

Comments?

Why do you all keep assuming they are not “calling the type “ of play for Dak ?

Have you thought for a minute Dak can’t do the things you want ? That maybe what they’ve seen in practice is as bad as we see in games. So they put in what he can run

Let that sink in son

NotForLong

Reaction score
His WR corps, O-Line, TE group, & coaching gets progressively worse and we wonder why he's not getting better. :huh:
He's not even got in practice .Never has been. He was only good when he played above his head and didn't want to relinquish the job to Romo. After that he was crowned and ever since then he lost his edge.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Settle down Beavis, it’s a process...:clap:
:clap:Ok Butthead. What's the next step in the process. Do we continue to try and salvage Daks Careerar or do we move on and do what's best for the team:clap:

tm1119

Reaction score
Why is this team allowing DAK to wither like this?

He seems to have regressed and part of it is the new receivers..

but it's still football and DAK has an impressive list of skills but we do not use them.

Linehan instead has embarked last year and this of trying to make him a pocket passer.

He is trying g to make him another Stafford like he had in Detroit.

DAK has never and will never be that.

So why is the team failing to change the play calling?

DAK needs to be rolling out..

he needs to run RPOs every series.

At least one every possession.

Maybe run 2 or 3 in a row if needed to stop the pass rush.

I do not understand it other than they are protecting DAK against injury because they have nobody they trust to replace him.

This is understandable from the standpoint that our past has been poor on judging QBs such as Weeden and the conga line of QBs we featured in 2015.

We need to change things before the season is completely underwater.

And management needs to change how it looks at things but they do not.

Comments?

Dak has an impressive set of skills? Such as?

HellCrowe

Reaction score
Tell me how,

A QB change in Kansas City from Alex Smith (Dink and Dunk) to Mahomes without a coaching change, changed their offense so much?

This seems like a coaching endorsement but we’ve seen enough of Garrett’s ineptitude and weak mind to keep prolonging his head coaching tenure. Dak reminds me of Alex Smith, enough to make a game competitive but not enough to take the franchise on his back to the next level when things break down.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Why do you all keep assuming they are not “calling the type “ of play for Dak ?

Have you thought for a minute Dak can’t do the things you want ? That maybe what they’ve seen in practice is as bad as we see in games. So they put in what he can run

Let that sink in son
Hmmm...

I do not believe that.

Roll DAK left..

next play roll him right..

Run a QB option with Zeke trailing.

Throw a HB pass like other teams are doing.

Throw it back to DAK like Philly does with their QB in the SB.

Do not see any of this from Linehan.

Screen passes is about it.

How about a bubble screen to Tavon Austin or Thompson?

Linehan is the problem.

Just watch his interviews.

He never admits the play calling is at fault.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Love Zeke, but he did his Dak impression yesterday LOL :flagwave:Dak can fly off a bridge for all I care. But you would have to be a complete idiot to not see the difference between Hopkins and Beasley. Oh wait, you cant. :clap::clap:

Or complete moron to not see that Dak can't throw the ball like Watson

Creeper

Reaction score
Its pretty obvious they have deliberately limited the read option plays for whatever reason. Its one of the most effective plays in their playbook with Dak as the QB. It opens up the running and passing games because the defense has to respect both Zeke and Dak. If they want to preserve Dak's health then they should get a pocket passer who can throw with accuracy.

DFWJC

Reaction score
It's not the WRs compared to last year

Dak QB ratings with and without this years WR group....post Atlanta game 2017

2017 QB rating--last 8 games

Total 2017 last 8 game = 72.8
6 TDs, 9 ints

----------------------------------------------------------------

2018 QB ratings first 5 games

Total 2018 first 5 games = 81.4
5 TDs, 4 ints

75boyz

Reaction score
I call it the Dark Age Offense. It needs to be thrown out as well as the people who brought it in. Then bring in people who have 21st century thinking.

As for this year, IMO it's already too late.
Nicely stated. Totally agree.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Tell me how,

A QB change in Kansas City from Alex Smith (Dink and Dunk) to Mahomes without a coaching change, changed their offense so much?

This seems like a coaching endorsement but we’ve seen enough of Garrett’s ineptitude and weak mind to keep prolonging his head coaching tenure. Dak reminds me of Alex Smith, enough to make a game competitive but not enough to take the franchise on his back to the next level when things break down.
Dak aspires to imagine being the passer that Alex is. That's how bad he is.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I think someone like Urban Meyer could be very successful with Dak. He has won games with Braxton Miller and JT Barrett at Ohio State.

I think coaches like Nick Saban or Chris Peterson would make the type of changes that put Dak in the best possible position to succeed.

Garrett and Linehan aren't helping him at all. Square peg, round hole.

If they want to go the young OC route, Matt LaFleur is only 38. He's worked under McVay and is currently the OC in Tennessee. His year with Mariota makes me think he could maximize Dak's abilities as well.

If it was up to me, unless a franchise QB falls in our lap in the draft, the new HC should get one year with Dak to try to fix him. If it doesn't work out, Dak's a free agent and he moves on.