The Dallas Cowboys are the most valuable sports franchise in the world

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
LOL, who has that GIF of that little girl or boy (looking like from the Little Rascals) throwing the money out the window.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would think it would.
It doesn't. You said yourself "This team has not even been in the neighborhood of a championship in over two and a half decades. You could say the Cowboys have had a modicum of success in 28 years." That proves lack of success on the field has had anything to do with the Cowboys being the most valuable franchise. Again.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This cant be accurate. Cowboys jumped 20% to $9.2B and and the Warriors jumped 10% to $8.2B? That means they were fairly close to the same last year.

Cowboys $7.67B to $7.45B. I find that hard to believe.
I think you should write NBC and get to the bottom of this!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL, who has that GIF of that little girl or boy (looking like from the Little Rascals) throwing the money out the window.
full

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The most valuable sports franchise in the world. You can bet the Joneses are celebrating like they won the Super Bowl. All owners would like that crown.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I think you should write NBC and get to the bottom of this!
I could care less what NBC thinks. Just find it hard to believe the Warriors were neck and neck with Cowboys in 2022.

You must be one of those guys that believes everything from the mainstream media.

leeblair

Reaction score
I'm glad to see Jerry finish off the last gasps of the real Cowboys franchise.
Now it can move forward as a circus and no one will think it's going to produce greatness.
We can find another past time.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
It doesn't. You said yourself "This team has not even been in the neighborhood of a championship in over two and a half decades. You could say the Cowboys have had a modicum of success in 28 years." That proves lack of success on the field has had anything to do with the Cowboys being the most valuable franchise. Again.
Okay, you've proven your point. You're right. I'm still entitled to find it bizarre. In the 70s, every Cowboy fan I knew thought that the whole "America's Team" thing, and being the post popular team, was because of the play on the field. But, you're right. It's not. The play on the field is still what's most important to me, however.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Okay, you've proven your point. You're right. I'm still entitled to find it bizarre. In the 70s, every Cowboy fan I knew thought that the whole "America's Team" thing, and being the post popular team, was because of the play on the field. But, you're right. It's not. The play on the field is still what's most important to me, however.
In my opinion, the Cowboys became super popular because both Tom Landry and Roger Staubach were super moral people, and moral examples at a time when the whole society was going through a revolutionary phase. It was counter revolutionary to be traditionally moral, and a lot of people didn’t like what was happening in society. So a lot of those traditional people were happy to support a team led by two super moral men - even if the Cowboys had just as many drug addicts and morally depraved players as any other team. And the fact that the Cowboys were winners made it seem like at least in this little part of society, being moral meant you could still be a winner.

I’ll go to my grave believing that. But then Jerry, an amoral man if there ever was one, bought the team and brought in an amoral coach, who just happened to be a winner also. A lot of the fans from the 70’s swore off the Cowboys initially, but were sucked back in by the winning.

So now you have people who are Cowboys fans out of long habit. I know people all over the country who grew up fans of the Cowboys and it is just a habit to support the team. I’m native to Dallas, so I have a little more local connection, but my fandom is primarily a habit I’m not willing to break. But I know that discussions about what good men both Landry and Staubach were resonated in my family when I was a kid. So that is my perspective.

It doesn’t hurt that Jerry is brilliant at marketing, and Tex Schramm was among the best before him. Finally, playing in the NFC East against the big media markets of the East coast made a huge difference also.

CWR

Reaction score
Yes sir! Suck on that haters! Success!

EJK24

Reaction score
37 wins in the last 3 years...yeah, they don't count. It's the fans that males them worth it. Thank you for your contribution. Jerry appreciates it.
Ranch, I respect your opinion. Never had a bad thing to say about you, but there's a reason we've been in a playoff drought for multiple decades. The guy making all the money is running the team with no one to hold him responsible. How can there be accountability? When you never win in the playoffs and lose in humiliating fashion, but you're making more money then anyone else, it's hard to believe his focus on winning is more important than revenue. Do you really think he likes winning more than he does having the most valuable franchise in the world?

Chasing6

Reaction score
Ranch, I respect your opinion. Never had a bad thing to say about you, but there's a reason we've been in a playoff drought for multiple decades. The guy making all the money is running the team with no one to hold him responsible. How can there be accountability? When you never win in the playoffs and lose in humiliating fashion, but you're making more money then anyone else, it's hard to believe his focus on winning is more important than revenue. Do you really think he likes winning more than he does having the most valuable franchise in the world?
I do not believe the they are mutually exclusive and I don't believe he is intentionally picking one over the other. Bottom line is Jerry is an amazing business man, and Jeruh is a terrible GM.

GM is a demanding full time position and Jeruh does not have the capacity and/or the skill set to be a good GM.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I understand where you're coming from. I too am frustrated....but, the constant bashing of players without bothering to give credit when it's due, got tiresome. Some of these guys do it on purpose just to rile fans up and some are buying into their agenda.
It's not easy to win championships at any level....Salud!

EJK24

Reaction score
I understand where you're coming from. I too am frustrated....but, the constant bashing of players without bothering to give credit when it's due, got tiresome. Some of these guys do it on purpose just to rile fans up and some are buying into their agenda.
It's not easy to win championships at any level....Salud!
I really don't feel the need to single out any player. We have some I wish would/wouldn't do or say certain things, but for the most part, it's just frustration over losing that's my general gripe. I'm not gonna pile on the same players some of the trolls constantly drone on about.