The Dallas Cowboys have addressed all but one of their major needs this offseason

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
He's a decent signing. But don't try to sell us that he's a competent replacement for Cooper like some fans are claiming. We clearly took a step back at WR in FA and I fear that Jerry is going to be hunting for a WR with one of his premium picks when he should be focusing on DL or OL with those first few picks.
Washington wasn’t signed to replace Cooper. He’s Wilson’s replacement. Lamb replaces Cooper as our 1.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
They are in better shape than most on here will give them credit for.
Yes on paper they seem to have taken a stamp back. But have they really, when you look at the overall picture and future cap space and possible replacement players that are not here yet.

They need to address the OL still, and not just in the draft.
However that can be addressed after the draft as well. Some decent OL for a stop gap player will get released before TC.

LOL, yeah, so simple, just get an OL or two, LB, DT and S in draft.

You guys love to do this every off-season and excuse what they have done in FA and then the season flops with no real postseason success and you are right back next offseason talking about what a good job they have done and they will fix their issues in the draft.

They dont need a safety. Brought back the best two safeties from last year. Yah, drafting Oline is THAT simple in the first round. DT? They have drafted a slew of them the last year or two and most look promising. LB? resigned LVE and Cox will be playing a bigger role this year.

So the angst is on you there buddy. Cowboys offseason has gone well.

Then of course there are FA's after the draft still plenty available if need be.

ESisback

Reaction score
They've done NOTHING to help the LB situation on the team! If expect to use Parsons at END they need to sign a solid stud to hold down the middle. Also, it's time to bring in someone who can become a real threat to the TEN TOE MEDIOCRE SLOTH formally known as Dak Prescot! He was handed a ton of money for his second half meltdown and that needs to be addressed if the BOYs want to even content in the Eastern Div.................
You might wanna find another way to fill your leisure time, because Dak’s gonna be here at least three more years…

Dalmations202

Reaction score
Dallas will be mediocre for the foreseeable future. Their plan keeps them a mediocre team, so they don't have to rebuild. They have done NOTHING to make me think they are really trying to win a Superbowl.

Some teams go top to bottom and back to the top, and some teams are mediocre. The Jones plan to keep this team mediocre and keep piling up the value of the team, and keep pocketing the cash. They are excellent business men.

They suck at building a Superbowl competitive team, but they are rolling in the cash and will keep rolling in it for the foreseeable future with their business plan.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
The players we lost were inconsistent and could not be counted on.

Collins suspensions, drug test.

Cooper being taken out of games, no shows on the road. Many of games he legit just quit

Gregory runs hot and cold. Good games against Carolina, New England, Washington. Never played a full season.

We didn’t lose prime Dez, Martin or Ware.

And the players Dallas added are consistent and can be counted on? If you're going to get riled up about inconsistency, take a look at what Washington and Fowler have done.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Teams like Philly that are obsessed with us (and have multiple first round picks) will go after or try to keep us from securing whomever we target. If they know what we need (OL), they’ll try SOMETHING, just watch.
You're delusional. If anything PHI laughs at us, and with good reason.

ESisback

Reaction score
You're delusional. If anything PHI laughs at us, and with good reason.

I’M delusional?!? Are you freakin’ serious? Listen Bub, I live in Pa., surrounded by these Philly cretins, and believe me, they’re OBSESSED with the Dallas Cowboys. They could go 2-15, but if those two wins were over Dallas, they’d celebrate. They hold “Dallas Week” before each meeting every season, complete with talk shows, rallies, seances, giveaways, parades, magic shows, and whatever other excuse they can to conjure hatred for the Dallas Cowboys. Despite our 26 year Super Bowl drought, we are still superior in every possible way, including spanking them by three TDs last year, both times! Adding insult to injury, our indifference to Philly INFURIATES them. Remember their lone SB win a few years back? The city had to grease the light poles so they didn’t injure themselves. Fans were seen chomping on road apples left by police horses, simply for the “look at me” factor. Yes, far too many Philly fans are overly obsessed with the Cowboys. That’s just a FACT!

Philly laughing at us is like the 600 lb. man laughing at the 300 lb. man for being fat…or the Night Manager at Burger King calling the billionaire CEO a stupid loser! THAT’S delusion!

zekecowboy

Reaction score
As opposed to you haters that just hate and whine about everything, even the good things.

And I did not say what a good job they have done, I said it is better than many say it is for they long run.
Stop twisting what is posted.

Let's leave haters out of your response. There obviously is a difference of opinion on how well Dallas has done so far.

Unless Dallas nails it in the draft, there odds really have declined so far. See Superbowl 2022-2023 season odds below for various teams:

Team Super Bowl odds
Buffalo Bills +650
Tampa Bay Buccaneers +750
Kansas City Chiefs +900
Green Bay Packers +900
Los Angeles Rams +1100
Denver Broncos +1500
San Francisco 49ers +1500
Dallas Cowboys +1600
Los Angeles Chargers +1600
Cleveland Browns +1700
Cincinnati Bengals +2000
Indianapolis Colts +2000
Baltimore Ravens +2200
Arizona Cardinals +2200
Tennessee Titans +2800
Miami Dolphins +3000
Minnesota Vikings +4000
New England Patriots +4000
Las Vegas Raiders +4000
Philadelphia Eagles +4500
New Orleans Saints +5000
Washington Commanders +6000
Pittsburgh Steelers +6500
Seattle Seahawks +10000
Jacksonville Jaguars +10000
Chicago Bears +10000
New York Giants +10000
Atlanta Falcons +10000
Carolina Panthers +10000
Detroit Lions +15000
New York Jets +20000
Houston Texans +20000

FVSTONE

Reaction score
You might wanna find another way to fill your leisure time, because Dak’s gonna be here at least three more years…
No, I don't think so. Next season when the SLOTH rears his ugly head fans will be on this dude so bad that he'll pay his own way out of Texas. The TEN TOE MEDIOCRE SLTH formally known as Dak Prescot is nothing more than an elite frog gigger hunting fat toads.

ESisback

Reaction score
No, I don't think so. Next season when the SLOTH rears his ugly head fans will be on this dude so bad that he'll pay his own way out of Texas. The TEN TOE MEDIOCRE SLTH formally known as Dak Prescot is nothing more than an elite frog gigger hunting fat toads.
Denial AND delusion! Ok!✊

Creeper

Reaction score
Not sure how we only have 1 area of need. They traded Cooper and lost Ced Wilson to free agency. The re-signed Gallup but he probably won't be available for several games to start the season. Washington can probably replaced Gallup, but no one has replaced Cooper and he was the best WR on the team.

WR is a huge area of need.

The thinking of the OP is a lot like the thinking of the Cowboys owner. Filling the roster is not the same as improving.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
He's a decent signing. But don't try to sell us that he's a competent replacement for Cooper like some fans are claiming. We clearly took a step back at WR in FA and I fear that Jerry is going to be hunting for a WR with one of his premium picks when he should be focusing on DL or OL with those first few picks.
`
But Washington is a competent replacement for Coop (especially when you factor in the improvements above JAG that the $16m allows). I realise it's Jerry hunting season, but he's never said we havent stepped back at WR. What's been ACCETED is that if you have an OC and a QB that can't: by design and/or ability to utilise Coop, then there's no point in continuing to pay the player $22m when resources can be put into other areas of need.

Most fans would identify that a better strategy to improve our passing game would be to: strengthen the O-Line, give Dak more time (accepting he takes too long to go through his reps and needs better protection) and gives us a running game that means we never have to listen to an opposition CB mention that they just sat back in coverage as they knew they could handle our passing game (which incidentally included Coop). I just hope that someone is able to get through to Jerry that the game isnt all about shiny individuals and that a cheaper veteran and a 3/4 rd situational receiver would be a better allocation of resources.

Like it or not we've invested in Dak, we need to build around his talents (and weaknesses).

For me, i'd take O-Line with 1st and 2nd pick, if there were available players we liked.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Not sure how we only have 1 area of need. They traded Cooper and lost Ced Wilson to free agency. The re-signed Gallup but he probably won't be available for several games to start the season. Washington can probably replaced Gallup, but no one has replaced Cooper and he was the best WR on the team.

WR is a huge area of need.

The thinking of the OP is a lot like the thinking of the Cowboys owner. Filling the roster is not the same as improving.

We need to start improving by having our draft picks step up. CeeDee has to step up at some time, otherwise we continue using him as a WR2 and end up paying him elite money without us evaluating whether he earns the money and title......which is exactually the "liking our guys" we're trying to avoid.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Moves_So_Far.png

As it stands offensive line is the biggest position of need for the Cowboys and the best answer for that might in fact come during next month’s draft. This week we launched a series on the Blogging The Boys YouTube Channel (make sure to subscribe which you can do right here) called ‘Mock Draft Monday’ (a name that nobody has ever used before!) where we run through mock drafts to figure out options that would work well for the Cowboys.

When Dallas was on the clock we were fortunate enough to be sitting in a spot where Tyler Linderbaum, Kenyon Green, and Zion Johnson were all there. Obviously this was just one exercise and one of many ways that things could play out a few weeks from now, but seeing a world where Dallas has options should make us all feel better about the glaring need at left guard at the moment.

It is possible that the Cowboys do still look to add a veteran to their offensive front in line with how they tend to approach free agency in general. The initial waves of the acquisition period are over, but that doesn’t mean that they won’t find someone like they did Ty Nsekhe last year (although that was a bit earlier in the process than now).

If history is any indication the Cowboys will add an offensive lineman at some point before the draft. Time will tell.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...l-but-one-of-their-major-needs-this-offseason

Our offense without Amari and Collins (and a done Zeke and older Smith-Martin) won't be able to even beat the NFC Least teams.........Look for major ineptness for the offense this coming season!

Grenic

Reaction score
My God did Jerry actually pay some of you, seriously? Talking about drinking Kool aid, just half to laugh

Grenic

Reaction score

You guys love to do this every off-season and excuse what they have done in FA and then the season flops with no real postseason success and you are right back next offseason talking about what a good job they have done and they will fix their issues in the draft.
1000% agree

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

You type as if free agency's over. I can't remember the last time that we've got $22m CAP left after the draft and I doubt that free agency warms up at this point as this years draft is so varied and teams are uncertain how it will play out.....why restrict your board by signing veterans?

Acceptablename

Reaction score
Cooper was a big loss but we’ll be fine at receiver. Gregory and Collins were both unreliable screwups that we’ll be better off without.
I can recall a large % of Zoners complaining about Randy’s inconsistently and Collins attitude but once the FO decides to do something about it oh s…t
Yes we lost some strength Im glad Collins is out of here. Randy not so much