The difference between Dak & Rush was on CeeDee TD catch

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This is a very biased take with no basis in reality.

Dak has thrown many many great passes throughout the years.
And that’s the issue with this whole debate. People pretend like Dak has never exceptional passes. His flaws in the Bucs game were clear but until I see more that was more of an anomaly.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
It’s also one of the greatest throws you’ll ever see at any level of football.

Not for my money. Great play, credit all around but nowhere near greatest throws territory.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
All you had is feels ..... I wanted a link to a legitimate site stating that Dak is an inaccurate passer instead of "well a few years ago I did some research and Dak is inaccurate"

Give me a break

You asked for numbers, I gave you numbers. You weren't going to acknowledge anything that didn't serve your purpose. I gave you the chance to prove me wrong. Instead, you proved me right.

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
When they showed the play from the pocket you see Rush throw the ball right before CeeDee makes his last cut. Before he was open and there was separation. Actually threw the ball the direction CeeDee was not running yet.

Dak would have held the ball a little longer and threw the ball after the last cut when you could see CeeDee open.

Both would have been a TD cause he was so open but in different situations that timing makes all the difference

Romo was showing replays against Bengals where Rush would throw the ball before the cuts to where the receiver will end up. Its actually pretty impressive with the little amount of playing time. He would only get better with more experience. Dak is at his celling. He isnt getting better. And thats not a cut on Dak because he is pretty good and has more arm strength than Rush. But if Dak isnt doing this by now he never will. Remember 3 or 4 years ago it was about getting Dak friendly players. He needs to see the separation.
Cooper is still a back Up QB in this league.
The fact Cooper Rush looks so good to us shows how bad Dak has become.

75boyz

Reaction score
Cooper is still a back Up QB in this league.
The fact Cooper Rush looks so good to us shows how bad Dak has become.

Weird, something so simple can't be grasped. Usually a fall off the cliff gap in performance from back up to starting QB.

Not in this case.

Boy is Coop underpaid, LOL.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
So what happened on the dropped ball from CeeDee in the Washington game. Rush should have led him more, and not so close to his body.
And don't say CeeDee ran the route wrong to blame him.

Waiting for the answers. :popcorn: This should be fun. I have an answer but will wait. :D
Rush dropped a dime on CD, hit him square between the numbers.
CD knew, he admittedly knew and then went and made up for the blunder with an all pro snag in the endzone.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak is an early read QB that stares down his WRs.. can throw on his first reads consistently, but sucks as he works down his progressions, unless he defaults to his checkdown which obfuscates his numbers towards a higher completion percentage. BTW, he did the same thing just this last Tampa game. Doesn’t even look, just throws..

Just heaved it to with his arm on a basic screen, so he underthrew it. Garbage mechanics

daknoo.0.gif

Both him and Goff have been top 4 in QBs that dropped in QBR rating going from 1st to 2nd read..

Last edited:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
You asked for numbers, I gave you numbers. You weren't going to acknowledge anything that didn't serve your purpose. I gave you the chance to prove me wrong. Instead, you proved me right.

Keep reaching kid ..... You made the claim ..... You back it up

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Keep reaching kid ..... You made the claim ..... You back it up

Kid? I wish.

Don't think I haven't noticed that you haven't provided any evidence. You didn't think you were going to convince anyone without showing something of value did you?

Could it be that I'm the only one who has actually put in the time & effort to adequately form an opinion?

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Dak is an early read QB that stares down his WRs.. can throw on his first reads consistently, but sucks as he works down his progressions, unless he defaults to his checkdown which obfuscates his numbers towards a higher completion percentage. BTW, he did the same thing just this last Tampa game. Doesn’t even look, just throws..

Just heaved it to with his arm on a basic screen, so he underthrew it. Garbage mechanics

daknoo.0.gif

Both him and Goff have been top 4 in QBs that dropped in QBR rating going from 1st to 2nd read..

C'mon man. The innocent one did not in any way contribute to the huge lead. But he was solely responsible for the big comeback that made the end result look respectable for the box score crowd.

It's funny cause you can literally see Dez going oh crap he's actually gonna throw it with this guy all over it and start retreating immediately.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Kid? I wish.

Don't think I haven't noticed that you haven't provided any evidence. You didn't think you were going to convince anyone without showing something of value did you?

Could it be that I'm the only one who has actually put in the time & effort to adequately form an opinion?

The stats show Dak Prescott to be the league's 10th-most accurate passer overall. On deep balls, he ranks fifth, and against zone coverage, he's fourth. Where he's deadliest, however, may be while under duress; Prescott's adjusted net yards per attempt is No. 2 in the NFL while facing pressure.Sep 6, 2022

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/li...-tampa-bay-sean-payton-pick-jerry-jones-math/

That's how easy it is to counter foolish claims.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
The stats show Dak Prescott to be the league's 10th-most accurate passer overall. On deep balls, he ranks fifth, and against zone coverage, he's fourth. Where he's deadliest, however, may be while under duress; Prescott's adjusted net yards per attempt is No. 2 in the NFL while facing pressure.Sep 6, 2022

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/li...-tampa-bay-sean-payton-pick-jerry-jones-math/

Not so fast my would be savant. You said "Dak has thrown many great passes throughout the years." I simply countered that no, he throws very few "Great" passes by NFL standards.

This is how easy it is to counter unethical posters who try to change the narrative mid stream.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Is there not an example where Dak is releasing the ball before receivers are out of a break? Has Dak made it this far incapable of doing this or are we cherry picking and speculating how Dak would have thrown that pass.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Not so fast my would be savant. You said "Dak has thrown many great passes throughout the years." I simply countered that no, he throws very few "Great" passes by NFL standards.

This is how easy it is to counter unethical posters who try to change the narrative mid stream.
Maybe the problem is that you two need to define what each of you means by "great". If by "great" you simply mean "on the money, right where it's supposed to be", then @zrinkill has a good argument. If you mean "great", as in, "not many QBs could've made that throw at that moment", then maybe @McKDaddy has the better argument.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Is there not an example where Dak is releasing the ball before receivers are out of a break? Has Dak made it this far incapable of doing this or are we cherry picking and speculating how Dak would have thrown that pass.
Dak has made anticipatory throws in the past, but from what I've seen, he's streaky in that regard, usually doing well toward the beginning of the season, then not so well in the second half of the season. I could be mistaken. but that's how it seems to me.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
When they showed the play from the pocket you see Rush throw the ball right before CeeDee makes his last cut. Before he was open and there was separation. Actually threw the ball the direction CeeDee was not running yet.

Dak would have held the ball a little longer and threw the ball after the last cut when you could see CeeDee open.

Both would have been a TD cause he was so open but in different situations that timing makes all the difference

Romo was showing replays against Bengals where Rush would throw the ball before the cuts to where the receiver will end up. Its actually pretty impressive with the little amount of playing time. He would only get better with more experience. Dak is at his celling. He isnt getting better. And thats not a cut on Dak because he is pretty good and has more arm strength than Rush. But if Dak isnt doing this by now he never will. Remember 3 or 4 years ago it was about getting Dak friendly players. He needs to see the separation.
This is exactly why Dakota " TOAD HUNTER" Prescot is struggling at QB. For WHATEVER reason he just not on the same page as his receivers and it's allowing defenses to have their way with the offense. RUSH on the other hand, stands tall in the pocket anticipates what the receiver is going to do and delivers a strike before he can he sacked. It's a thing of beauty to watch our BACKUP QB outshine our MEGA LOTTO stiff! They are like night and day when each other in on the field. If Prescot is going to deliver anything close to a SB for the organization he's got to study game film of COOPER RUSH!