The difference between Dak & Rush was on CeeDee TD catch

HMJYay

Reaction score
Not really. By NFL starting QB standards a very small % of his passes would be considered on the upper end of that scale. Far too high a % have been on the lower end of that scale. Everyone in the NFL throws some really good passes and some clunkers. But a top level QB throws a higher % toward the top of the scale & a very small % at the bottom.

He just doesn't do anything well enough, consistently enough. That is the net summary of his career.

Just like his college scouting report. Still has the same deficiencies and inconsistencies. It's almost like he is what he is and shouldn't have been paid like something he isn't. Who would have thunk it lol.

HMJYay

Reaction score
So no blame on Dak the second half of the season or playoff loss? It's everyone else's fault?

He only had 3 minutes and 3 timeouts to lead a game winning drive. You know the thing "elite" QB's do at least some of the time. There just wasn't enough done for him to get it done. He needed Ellliot to bust off a 50 yard run like he did the Steelers game in 2016. It's not like Prescott should be expected to carry the team at all.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Although I don't like it, teams very often step it up when a key player is injured and the backup takes the reins. You would like to think they give 110% regardless. I think we are seeing that. I just hope the effort does not diminish when Dak returns to the lineup. When you have a top noch performer you can become a bit complacent and fall into the mindset of, "it's ok if I am not 100%, Dak will fix it".
"Top notch"?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So what happened on the dropped ball from CeeDee in the Washington game. Rush should have led him more, and not so close to his body.
And don't say CeeDee ran the route wrong to blame him.

Waiting for the answers. :popcorn: This should be fun. I have an answer but will wait. :D
Are you referring to the pass CeeDee T-Rexxed?

75boyz

Reaction score
Just like his college scouting report. Still has the same deficiencies and inconsistencies. It's almost like he is what he is and shouldn't have been paid like something he isn't. Who would have thunk it lol.

So true.
Refer to the original DraftWire report done on him pre-draft.
Study both the pros and cons.
It's like it could have been written yesterday.

Absolutely zero improvement on cons listed.
Could make a case for regression actually as his mobility was once a smart and advantageous part to his skillset.

Now it's not being used.

Still say he peaked as a rookie.

Praxit

Reaction score
.this can very much run both ways. Dak has thrown so many good passes in the past.

Dont think its fair to prime only on the CD play.

But I will say this, for some reason Rush seems able to read quicker.

Dont know if thats personal talent or he just sees' better?

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Dak has thrown a lot more passes that are consistently behind his receivers which forces the receiver to adjust and lose momentum thereby leaving yards on the field. How many times in that Tampa game did we see this where the ball was consistently behind or consistently high, WR's adjust and get dropped immediately, instead hit the receiver in stride it goes for larger gains.

Now no QB is ever going to consistently hit that. But Dak has proven over the last 7 years that he consistently is late and behind in his throws and I doubt that is going to ever change. Oddly enough I recall McNabb being the same way
There's a video out there with A Coop begging Dak to change a call from a curl or comeback to a fade. Finally Dak agrees and we go a Redzone score.

There's a reason Moore calls so many comebacks and curls with Dak vs other routes that allow RAC yards.

The OP explains it with his first post.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The pass was perfect. CeeDee just paid more attention to where he was gonna go than he did to securing the ball.

Yeah, see this was on CeeDee (and I agree, he took his eyes off the ball), however if it was Dak at QB....then...well you know, it was Dak's fault. And EVERYONE knows this.

fansince68

Reaction score
I mean, it's pretty clear that Rush is much better at hitting receivers in stride than Dak is. This has been a complaint about Dak since 2017 at least.
Dak might as well replace the 50 yard football field on his property with a fish pond.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Well memories of actual effort to understand \ quantify performances.

Response I would expect from someone who doesn't really want any evidence unless it can be construed as supporting his "feels".

All you had is feels ..... I wanted a link to a legitimate site stating that Dak is an inaccurate passer instead of "well a few years ago I did some research and Dak is inaccurate"

Give me a break

USArmyVet

Reaction score
He only had 3 minutes and 3 timeouts to lead a game winning drive. You know the thing "elite" QB's do at least some of the time. There just wasn't enough done for him to get it done. He needed Ellliot to bust off a 50 yard run like he did the Steelers game in 2016. It's not like Prescott should be expected to carry the team at all.

No clue what game you are referring to.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah, see this was on CeeDee (and I agree, he took his eyes off the ball), however if it was Dak at QB....then...well you know, it was Dak's fault. And EVERYONE knows this.
No, if Dak threw a pass like that and it was dropped, at worst someone would say it was dropped because he wasn't expecting it to be perfectly placed.