The difference between Dak & Rush was on CeeDee TD catch

BlueStar22

Reaction score
When they showed the play from the pocket you see Rush throw the ball right before CeeDee makes his last cut. Before he was open and there was separation. Actually threw the ball the direction CeeDee was not running yet.

Dak would have held the ball a little longer and threw the ball after the last cut when you could see CeeDee open.

Both would have been a TD cause he was so open but in different situations that timing makes all the difference

Romo was showing replays against Bengals where Rush would throw the ball before the cuts to where the receiver will end up. Its actually pretty impressive with the little amount of playing time. He would only get better with more experience. Dak is at his celling. He isnt getting better. And thats not a cut on Dak because he is pretty good and has more arm strength than Rush. But if Dak isnt doing this by now he never will. Remember 3 or 4 years ago it was about getting Dak friendly players. He needs to see the separation.

HMJYay

Reaction score
No clue what game you are referring to.

49ers game in the playoffs. Everyone talks about the drive where he didn't clock it in time. The drive before was really where he didn't do it. 3 minutes and 3 timeouts left in the game.

leeblair

Reaction score
When they showed the play from the pocket you see Rush throw the ball right before CeeDee makes his last cut. Before he was open and there was separation. Actually threw the ball the direction CeeDee was not running yet.

Dak would have held the ball a little longer and threw the ball after the last cut when you could see CeeDee open.

Both would have been a TD cause he was so open but in different situations that timing makes all the difference

Romo was showing replays against Bengals where Rush would throw the ball before the cuts to where the receiver will end up. Its actually pretty impressive with the little amount of playing time. He would only get better with more experience. Dak is at his celling. He isnt getting better. And thats not a cut on Dak because he is pretty good and has more arm strength than Rush. But if Dak isnt doing this by now he never will. Remember 3 or 4 years ago it was about getting Dak friendly players. He needs to see the separation.
That's what Kellen Moore was known for- his ability to judge the receiver's rout and throw on time.
So it's not a surprise that Cooper is better suited for it, having spent so much time with Moore and practicing.
Jason Garrett taught Dak, and was no one to be teaching. Jason was so desperate to believe Dak would finally justify his existence that he coddled Dak and didn't make him play under pressure in preseason, and Dak learned to get by behind what was probably the best offensive line in NFL history, coupled with a young Ezekiel Elliott distracting defenses.
So Dak didn't learn the tactics/mechanics of professional quarterbacks.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Now tell us about those 2 horrible ints he threw that he got bailed out on by penalties. We lose that game if no penalties.
Every QB gets bailed out especially if one of those penalties directly led to the INT.

jrumann59

Reaction score
That's what Kellen Moore was known for- his ability to judge the receiver's rout and throw on time.
So it's not a surprise that Cooper is better suited for it, having spent so much time with Moore and practicing.
Jason Garrett taught Dak, and was no one to be teaching. Jason was so desperate to believe Dak would finally justify his existence that he coddled Dak and didn't make him play under pressure in preseason, and Dak learned to get by behind what was probably the best offensive line in NFL history, coupled with a young Ezekiel Elliott distracting defenses.
So Dak didn't learn the tactics/mechanics of professional quarterbacks.
everyone made fun of that little tossing game Jason played with Dak but that showed a lot, from 5 feet Dak could not consistently put the ball in the required spot.

BigD_95

Reaction score

Thank you for the post it proves my point. All those throws are crossing routs where there is separation and the receivers already made the cut before Dak throws the ball.

the point of my post was releasing the ball before the receiver makes his last cut and throwing the ball where the receiver will end up

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Thank you for the post it proves my point. All those throws are crossing routs where there is separation and the receivers already made the cut before Dak throws the ball.

the point of my post was releasing the ball before the receiver makes his last cut and throwing the ball where the receiver will end up

Dak has done this plenty of times. And has made the throws that his critics always love to claim he never has made or never will be able to make. Just always constantly moving the goal posts. If there were clips slowed down of Dak releasing the ball before receivers made their final cut, some would still find a way to move the goal posts.

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
It's called being NFL open. A half step or full step of separation "before" the last cut is made. Some QBs throw with the required confidence, anticipation, timing and accuracy required. Some don't.

A former slot receiver for the Cowboys now with Bucs said publicly he was NFL open plenty but did not receive the throws. Thus, he was cut.

where did Beasley say this?

goshann

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

This is actually true. Rcvr was already broken open in all these

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Could you enlighten us with the statistics to back up that claim ...... Or is this one of those eye test things?
What's the problems with using your eyes?

Why even watch the game you can just check the box scores.

I suppose stats give the full complete truth? Well then we probably should have won at least a playoff game last year....with the alleged #1 offense.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
What's the problems with using your eyes?

Why even watch the game you can just check the box scores.

I suppose stats give the full complete truth? Well then we probably should have won at least a playoff game last year....with the alleged #1 offense.

Because people with agenda's lie to try and prove a point.

Dak has played poorly recently ...... People have every right to say that ...... But that guy said Dak has always thrown inaccurately....... And that's just not true and the stats back it up.

conner01

Reaction score
It’s amazing that every football team with people who have decades of experience missed the great cooper rush
I expect 3 first round pick offers to start rolling in any day

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
Silly coaches! All those years in the NFL and all those millions in salary. Yet they can’t see what fans see. It’s so clear to so many fans that even a street JAG like Rush is better than Dak. Who in the NFL or media started this whole idea that Dak is the Cowboys franchise QB. Who voted him to the Pro Bowl 3 times?
I tell you, Jerry has the entire league and the media in his pocket to hoodwink us on Dak just so he can make money. If he really wanted to win, he would hire some of the posters on the Zone to coach the team.

Thats why we have won a ton of Super bowls in the last 27 years right ? Jerry and the NFL gurus are the best !! clown

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
Beasley wasn’t cut from Dallas

Okay...but where did he say he wasn’t getting targets? That’s what I’m asking.

The poster is making it seem like he was upset with his targets in Tampa and was cut. But he wasn’t cut from Tampa...or Dallas are you said

DandyDon52

Reaction score
It’s amazing that every football team with people who have decades of experience missed the great cooper rush
"they" miss lots of guys, every year, and most of those guys never get a real shot.
Curt Warner is a classic example
If brady has been drafted to a different team or worse gone undrafted, he would have been one of the ones they missed.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Okay...but where did he say he wasn’t getting targets? That’s what I’m asking.

The poster is making it seem like he was upset with his targets in Tampa and was cut. But he wasn’t cut from Tampa...or Dallas are you said

I believe he was referring to the infamous "receiver by committee" era where the receivers were constantly getting blamed. Cole & I believe another receiver finally defended themselves by saying publicly that they were getting open thus implying that some of the blame might belong on the QB. Immediately thereafter, his chances of re-signing with the organization ended. He finished out the 2018 season & moved on.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because people with agenda's lie to try and prove a point.

Dak has played poorly recently ...... People have every right to say that ...... But that guy said Dak has always thrown inaccurately....... And that's just not true and the stats back it up.
Stats can lie too. Maybe not in this case.
But how do you stat accuracy? By using eyes? Its either complete or not. Any other stat is using your eyes even more.