The Direct TV Dance

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I just called last night. Got $20 off the monthly bill and Sunday Ticket Max for free. No contract. She even threw in 4 months of Showtime free. I've been with them since '96 or '97 and they continue to tell me that they value my loyalty. They backed that up with their actions so they get my business.

A win-win.

So they gave you 20$ off a month and free ST? They only gave me 20$ off for each month for a year which essentially pays for the ticket and HBO, Cinemax, and showtime.
I may call back. :mad:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So they gave you 20$ off a month and free ST? They only gave me 20$ off for each month for a year which essentially pays for the ticket and HBO, Cinemax, and showtime.
I may call back. :mad:

No free Sunday Ticket?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Just did. They said no. :( May try one more time.

It's going to be difficult for you to "undo" a recently agreed to deal.
You probably should have balked and called back. Once they got you, they've got you.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
It's going to be difficult for you to "undo" a recently agreed to deal.
You probably should have balked and called back. Once they got you, they've got you.

Yeah. Probably right. I didn't sign a contract but you're probably right.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Are you guys calling this year actually getting DirecTV people? I called and got AT&T people, and I wasn't transferred to customer retention, but customer care or something like that. Much different than what I'm used to and not very helpful really.

ifixoldhouses

Reaction score
Did the dance just now, called and told the menu "cancel" person came on I said "I need to get this bill down or cancel it all"
he wanted to know if I was a football fan, So we talked about football for 20 minutes lol, he gave me $25 off a month for a year, free ST with 12 month commitment.
woot! $60 a month and free ST

bodi

Reaction score
I just called went to direct tv and used the chat line to get to 1 800 824 9081 then GOT pin number

I got a idiot but he said that he give NFL SUNDAY MAX FOR FREE

Well just chatted with another gal she said I get it for free

one thing I would do as I have done is to PRINT IT OUT

So you got proof a some one saying it - it has the gals ID number on it

also got S howtime free for 4 monhs t

Last edited:

ifixoldhouses

Reaction score
I just called went to direct tv and used the chat line to get to 1 800 824 9081 then GOT pin number

I got a idiot but he said that he give NFL SUNDAY MAX FOR FREE

Well just chatted with another gal she said I get it for free

one thing I would do as I have done is to PRINT IT OUT

BUT he did nit sound so bright

I tried to get max, could'nt do it he said.

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
I did this for the last 3 years straight. Ive only been with Directv for 4 years now. Im going to try it again but I have a feeling it may not work,

But what I've noticed is when you arent under contract they tend to offer you stuff. I usually call being very polite just asking if there's a possibility of lowering my bill or getting red zone by itself as my 'student loans have come out of deferment and my expenses have significantly increased,' Usually they offer only half off but after I agree to that they then say 'hold on' and they then say i get it for free as long as I agree to a 1 year contract extension,

I think I'll try tonight.

Nomad

Reaction score
It's funny I wonder if these retention guys go home thinking they did a "bang up" job, that people really want to cancel and all they have to do is wave free offers to reel them back in. Or do they know what the deal is and do it anyway and the ST isn't that big of a loss.

What if they started calling your bluff "ok sir if you need to cut costs I guess we'll cancel you".

Kevinicus

Reaction score
They're not budging for me this year so far. I think it is a combination of the fact that I still have a year on my contract, and because I'm bundled with AT&T (no contract). I'll be getting google fiber in a couple months, but I really wish it was available sooner so I could start canceling my services. I had them cancel my DirecTV that was auto renewed on my account. I'll give them another call shortly before the season starts.

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
I called today and got the Sunday Ticket for free with some free time of Showtime as well.

I got into a 2 year contract with them just last year and all I asked was if I can re-up my contract to a new 2 year deal and they went with it.

They get more of my business and I am now getting the ticket for free since it is the first year of my new contract.

It worked out pretty good for me.

bodi

Reaction score
here s went on when I called back an this was EMAILED TO ME

LOOK UP MY BILLING ?

Mary Ann A. (ID 100667102): I have your account pulled up now. Thank you for your continued support with DIRECTV. Upon carefully reviewing your account, I see that your were given NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX 2015 charged for 50% off $167.96 but you were also been credited for $170 to offset the charge for NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX 2015!

OK THEN SO I AM GETTING SUDAY TICKET FOR FREE ? CORRECT

Mary Ann A. (ID 100667102): Yes, NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX 2015 is FREE on your account!

DO YOU HAVE ANY OTHER SPECIALS GOING ON ?

Mary Ann A. (ID 100667102): I'll be glad to check for available promotions on your account!

TY

Mary Ann A. (ID 100667102): May I ask for another 2-3 minutes while I check for promotions on your account?

OK

Mary Ann A. (ID 100667102): Thanks!

Mary Ann A. (ID 100667102): I appreciate your patience, Steven! Great news! I see that I can add SHOWTIME UNLIMITED® 4 Months Free to your programming! How does that sound?

at no cost that sounds great

Mary Ann A. (ID 100667102): Yes, at no cost!

Mary Ann A. (ID 100667102): Perfect! I will add SHOWTIME UNLIMITED® 4 Months Free right away!

I do not have to cancel Showtime

Mary Ann A. (ID 100667102): No, SHOWTIME UNLIMITED® will be cancelled after 4 months automatically!

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Well I called back for the 4th time. This time she gave me the max for 2 paments of 40$ plus 20$ off my bill for 12 months. Plus HBO, showtime, and Cinemax for 3 months free.

The different reps all offer better or worse deals.

Last edited:

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Are you guys calling this year actually getting DirecTV people? I called and got AT&T people, and I wasn't transferred to customer retention, but customer care or something like that. Much different than what I'm used to and not very helpful really.

Yes. I've called 4 times in two weeks. The last two days it changed to att. They said because I've bundled with att internet is why. Dtv sole customers stay with Dtv.

U verse is the worst customer service on earth. I'm quite sure. I hope they don't merge it all with those jack holes.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Yes. I've called 4 times in two weeks. The last two days it changed to att. They said because I've bundled with att internet is why. Dtv sole customers stay with Dtv.

U verse is the worst customer service on earth. I'm quite sure. I hope they don't merge it all with those jack holes.

I'm switching to Google Fiber soon. Unfortunately they're not starting in my area until later next month. If only they had started a few months ago I could be away from AT&T and dealing just on the DirecTV side of things.