The Direct TV Dance

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I'm switching to Google Fiber soon. Unfortunately they're not starting in my area until later next month. If only they had started a few months ago I could be away from AT&T and dealing just on the DirecTV side of things.
I'm switching to Google Fiber soon. Unfortunately they're not starting in my area until later next month. If only they had started a few months ago I could be away from AT&T and dealing just on the DirecTV side of things.

Lucky you. I'm at the mercy of att for Internet. The only other choice I have is time warner. I've heard bad things about them and their prices are high.

bodi

Reaction score
att internet sucks so bad - is so slow

that was my only choice here where I live

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
Free 7 day trial for NFL Game Pass (if you want to watch the game tonight from the start)

CowboysRule

Reaction score
I'm under contract with DTV. Charter has a thing where you if you sign up with them they will pay your early term fees. They are no contract but I think if you have them pay you have to stay with them for at least 60 days. After that I will cancel them. Then I will have no TV. However, the games are free online if you know where to look. You can also get a program called Kodi (formerly XBMC) with some nice add-ons that make finding and watching the games even easier.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I finally had success with DTV last night. 2 days of calling but ended up with 50 off my monthly bill and ST for free. I should have pressed for ST MAX but oh well. I wasn't under contract but I did have to re-up for 12 months with the deal.

seamus18

Reaction score
Made my call yesterday. No longer under contract. Could not get ST for free, no matter how much I tried. Best I could get was ST Max for $41 Per month for 4 months = $164.00 - $5 per month for 6 months = $134.00 with no contract renewal. Still a savings of Over $200.00 and still under no contract. I can live with that.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
I'm under contract with DTV. Charter has a thing where you if you sign up with them they will pay your early term fees. They are no contract but I think if you have them pay you have to stay with them for at least 60 days. After that I will cancel them. Then I will have no TV. However, the games are free online if you know where to look. You can also get a program called Kodi (formerly XBMC) with some nice add-ons that make finding and watching the games even easier.

Basically the same streams you find off google (you now need to manually install Sportsdevil) . And you cannot Chromecast KODI anymore but you can use it on Amazon Fire

kevinb1

Reaction score
Just called and got ST and 4 months of Showtime for free. Plus $10 off a month for 12 months. Just had to accept a 12 month contract. Pretty happy with all that.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
I was a customer with NFL ST for 16 years, never got anything free from them except half a season of NFLST, because the card they sent me for the box was defective 3 times mid season. Had to go to a sports bar a few weeks, as I was in CT at the time, to see games. By the time they mailed a card that worked, they gave me rest of the season for free, as I threatened to cancel. this was in 2000.

when I called to change up my subscription 2 years ago all the rep did was insult me and called me stupid. so I cancelled everything. Though I complained all I ever got was offered a 2 year contract with ST free the 1st year. told them to ...@ off....

They will need to give me 2 years of free ST and no contract, I can cancel or change anytime I want, to return as a customer...other than that they are useless at this point.
I don't miss ST, as I could see some games on first row sports or wiziwig.tv, but those are getting cracked down on. I never missed a cowboys though, as I have slingbox on my tv at home, for when I am traveling for work. So I haven't missed ST all that much. I do like watching other games though, but not at their price, not anymore.

I feel your pain. Loyal customer for 20 years. Called to get discount...treated horrible. Cancelled and never looked back. Now they call and send me stuff all the time.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Lucky you. I'm at the mercy of att for Internet. The only other choice I have is time warner. I've heard bad things about them and their prices are high.

There is another gigabit internet in the area, but my fiance doesn't care for the company. I can't recall the name.

I did call in again, after doing a chat and getting a pin number. Seemed like just Directv this time. They asked if they could use both accounts to get me the best deal since I had AT&T too. This time I told them no, let's just stick to DirecTV. I got Max for half price ($167), and yesterday I had got $10 for 12 months, $5 for 6 months, and $7 off of HBO for 6 months. Then I got another one time credit of $30 today. So essentially ST is free, I get a slight credit, and a reduction on HBO for 6 months. I'm okay with that. Next year I won't have AT&T, and I'll have no contract looming over my head.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Basically the same streams you find off google (you now need to manually install Sportsdevil) . And you cannot Chromecast KODI anymore but you can use it on Amazon Fire

I just have it installed on a laptop hooked up with an HDMI to my tv.

packpitts

Reaction score
Got it Free!! (ST) Had to do 1 year contract. Funny, the guy said he's been talking to nothing but Cowboys fans all day!!! :laugh:

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
For those that have the ST MAX, is it worth the extra money? I don't play or care about FF. I got the ST for free but not the max, but can upgrade to max for 100 bucks. Just wondering if it is worth that.

USMarineVet

Reaction score
For those that have the ST MAX, is it worth the extra money? I don't play or care about FF. I got the ST for free but not the max, but can upgrade to max for 100 bucks. Just wondering if it is worth that.

The only difference is with Max you get the Red Zone channel, you can stream it through other devices like your phone or tablet and you can watch reruns of the game in 30 minutes without the commercial interruptions.You can also track up to 20 fantasy players.

For the price, I've always opted for the lesser package.

seamus18

Reaction score

I really like it. When the Boys aren't on, I can watch a game on TV and the feed on my ipad. Also, if I am away, I always have that option.

DrunkWithPower

Reaction score
I have been with Directv for over 5 years (no contract) and just called in to give it a try. I dialed the 1-800-531-5000 number and stated "close" when the automated service asked what I was calling for. The service asked if i wanted to shut my service down due to moving and I answered no. I talked to a rep and basically said I had four family members who just signed up for Directv and got free Sunday Ticket, and I was going to have to go to one of their houses to watch my games. That was what I was getting for telling four people to sign up for Directv. She said she didn't want me going to someone else's house to watch the games and turned right around and gave me free ST, $30 off for 12 months, $5 off for 6 months, free Showtime for 4 months, and free HBO for 3 months. I did have to sign a 12 month agreement but since I had no intention of cancelling in the first place that didn't bother me anyway. She told me to call back next year and ask for the same deal. Lol. Funny.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
I used a VPN through Brazil and got NFL Gamepass for $99 for the season. I could have gotten the bigger playoff package, but I figure I'll just upgrade closer to playoff time.

And, there's a Gamepass plugin for Plex so I can just stream the games live via my PC/Plex Media Server to any TV in the house.

And using a VPN is only necessary until you're connected and at that point, you can just disconnect the VPN and it'll keep streaming through your normal connection.

Edit: And yes, connecting through a foreign country is necessary if you want to stream the games live. They still don't offer live streaming for folks in the US. The NFL Gamepass in the US is only for replays.

superonyx

Reaction score
Check out the directv Sunday ticket for college students offer. $99 for a year of max streaming package. You can chromecast the games. The condition is that you need to be or know a college student to sign up.

erod

Reaction score
If DirecTV would just charge $10 for the season, they could increase their customer base two fold.