The disappearing act of Osa I can't spell his last name

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think this is part of the reason they drafted Mazi. Yes Mazi can play 1T but I also think they’re hoping he can provide more consistent pass rush and play snaps at 3T too. As OSA clearly tends to wear down over the season.
Yeah mazi Smith isn't getting in the backfield let alone providing pressure...

fivetwos

Reaction score
Have you noticed? He's done this before.

Osa started off this season like a boss. 3 sacks and 4 tackles for loss in the first 3 games.

In the 7 games since? Sackless with just a couple of TFLs. He wasn't even on the stat sheet this week.

Your starting 3 tech and he hasn't gotten to the QB in nearly two months. Playing with a big lead in many of those games and teeing off on QBs trying to mount a comeback.

Where are you, Osa Whosyourmomma? Or are you just a rotational player?
True, but I’m not sure they are asking him to be much more than a rotational player.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
As OSA clearly tends to wear down over the season.
Small DTs will do that. Their quickness has them making plays early in the season, and their size disadvantage wears them down with each game.

Probably will happen with out S/LBs towards the end of the season.

fivetwos

Reaction score
You might have noticed he is your starter.

You can't be a starting 3 tech in the NFL and not touch the QB for two months.

I'm hoping a call out from someone of my stature ignites a fire in him.
Well look, I’m pretty sure its against league rules to have three third round picks and blow them all, so maybe quiet down and they won’t notice.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Osa started off this season like a boss. 3 sacks and 4 tackles for loss in the first 3 games.

In the 7 games since? Sackless with just a couple of TFLs. He wasn't even on the stat sheet this week.

Your starting 3 tech and he hasn't gotten to the QB in nearly two months. Playing with a big lead in many of those games and teeing off on QBs trying to mount a comeback.

A 3 techs job is to take up two men, creati g a double team and keeping them from getting to the second level and your LBs. Sacks are rare for those that play the position correctly

Bagman

Reaction score

DT is a real weakness in Dallas. I'm talking about 330lb monsters who would rip off your head to stop a 3 yd run. We have ZERO mean, animal type players. Osa is about 280 and plays hard in about a third of his snaps. He's on roller skates the other two thirds.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score

Good post and I’ve noticed a big slow down. Wonder if it’s the fact that we have nothing behind him at 3 tech? He’s probably pretty beat up. He’s kind of undersized. Next year we need to address the position and get something who can split reps with him.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Osa did the same thing his rookie season. Started off great the first few games then disappeared.