The Eagles have been crowned!

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I think the Eagles are good because they won 9 games last year with a slug at QB. They went into the offseason and upgraded some key holes on their team - WR, pass rush, CB. They have an easy schedule again. Hurts likely can't be worse than he was last year, when again, they won 9 games with him. It's not just about what they have done in two weeks, it about looking at their team overall. They are very good in the trenches, especially along the OL.

It's just common sense at this point to see that the Eagles are actually not some fraud joke here but actually a good team. That doesn't mean I think they are about to go 17-0 and win a SB here either. They just are a good, talented football team. That's just the reality that you are struggling with accepting.
You see you prove my point. You never defend the Cowboys the way you defend the Eagles. You conveniently leave out the two matchups the Cowboys had against Hurts. Two blowouts for the Cowboys. The Cowboys opened the season against the GOAT and the next big thing at quarterback for the second season in a row. The Eagles play the Lions and Vikings now you want to sing their praises. Let’s let the season play out.

Sydla

Reaction score
The only real difference they made to their offense was Brown.

That offense got destroyed by the Bucs in the playoffs.

Their defense is improved but doesn't scare anyone.

Right now i wouldn't pick us vs Bucs.

BUT... .we have to get healthy. We are also VERY young and will get better as the season goes. The Eagles are what they are for the most part.

Again how does any of this equate with the simply point that the Eagles look like a good football team? What does our youth have to do with how Philly looks both on paper and how they have played for two weeks? You're dancing around the point.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
I love it!!!!! The bootleg version of the Baltimore Raven are now the Super Bowl favorites. The Talking Heads are crowing. Like I thought the Cowboys would get no credit for beating the Bengals but the Eagles get credit for stopping Cousins. I am calling it right now. The Commanders will beat the Eagles next Sunday. For the fake Cowboys fan on the Zone who love the Eagles, Hurts is not taking less money then Murray.
You guys forget that Jalen Hurts played under Nick Saban, is from New Orleans, LA (see what Fournette did you), and has led teams to championship games running and throwing since high school.

The Eagles have a OL, DL, running game, and QB. This wins on all levels of Football. Are they a Super Bowl team? I don't know. But they do have the ingredients for it...you throw to score, run to win, and defense wins championships. The Cowboys are not consistent on the OL, DL, running game, and QB. So time will tell. If the Jonesboys get consistent in those areas and not try to let Dak throw them to the Super Bowl, which he can not, then they have a chance to content against the front runner Eagles.

Also, this should not surprise everyone as most predicted the Eagles would win or challenge to win the East.

Ken

Reaction score
Again how does any of this equate with the simply point that the Eagles look like a good football team? What does our youth have to do with how Philly looks both on paper and how they have played for two weeks? You're dancing around the point.
The Eagles were a good football team last year.

Are they a great team though? That is what people are saying. I don't think they are. That is not dancing around anything.

I still don't think they beat us head to head either.

Sydla

Reaction score
You see you prove my point. You never defend the Cowboys the way you defend the Eagles. You conveniently leave out the two matchups the Cowboys had against Hurts. Two blowouts for the Cowboys. The Cowboys opened the season against the GOAT and the next big thing at quarterback for the second season in a row. The Eagles play the Lions and Vikings now you want to sing their praises. Let’s let the season play out.

The Cowboys got run off the field in Week 1. How are we supposed to defend that? What does Brady have to do with the fact our offense was ATROCIOUS in Week 1? I've said the win over the Bengals was huge because it gave us momentum heading into two games I think we need to win before having to play the Rams.

Yes, the Cowboys destroyed Philly twice last year. Those were quality wins for us for sure. But things change season to season. Using your logic, we should have played the Bucs close Week 1 since we did it Week 1 last year. Instead we got embarrassed. Things change year to year.

The Eagles have a talented roster. Again, it's just dumb to suggest they don't. If Hurts plays the same as he did last year or even a little better, they are likely to win 10 games. I am not saying that because I am an Eagles fan. I am saying that because I just watch football and am secure enough to admit when another team looks good.

Sydla

Reaction score
The Eagles were a good football team last year.

Are they a great team though? That is what people are saying. I don't think they are. That is not dancing around anything.

I still don't think they beat us head to head either.

I mean are we splitting hairs here, good vs great? The Eagles looked good on paper leading up the season. Great OL, great set of playmakers, they improved their secondary, they added a pass rusher. It's not hard to see they are likely better than a team that won 9 games last year. Why admitting that frightens some of you is bizarre to me.

And for the record, you are predicting we will win in Philly in 4 weeks?

Ken

Reaction score
I mean are we splitting hairs here, good vs great? The Eagles looked good on paper leading up the season. Great OL, great set of playmakers, they improved their secondary, they added a pass rusher. It's not hard to see they are likely better than a team that won 9 games last year. Why admitting that frightens some of you is bizarre to me.

And for the record, you are predicting we will win in Philly in 4 weeks?
They beat a team coming off 3 wins last year and 8 wins. They were better than both of these teams before any moves were made.

Ya, without a doubt we are better than them. I need Dak to beat Philly though, he should be back by then.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
You guys forget that Jalen Hurts played under Nick Saban, is from New Orleans, LA (see what Fournette did you), and has led teams to championship games running and throwing since high school.

The Eagles have a OL, DL, running game, and QB. This wins on all levels of Football. Are they a Super Bowl team? I don't know. But they do have the ingredients for it...you throw to score, run to win, and defense wins championships. The Cowboys are not consistent on the OL, DL, running game, and QB. So time will tell. If the Jonesboys get consistent in those areas and not try to let Dak throw them to the Super Bowl, which he can not, then they have a chance to content against the front runner Eagles.

Also, this should not surprise everyone as most predicted the Eagles would win or challenge to win the East.
I love Hurts as a person. Good dude similar to Dak. But there is a reason why he was benched for Tua and the Eagles media is looking at quarterbacks for next season draft.

Proof

Reaction score
if anything I'm looking at the Ceedee Lamb vs Eagles CB Darius Slay

.. if Vikes WR Justin Jefferson cannot shake Slay ..what to expect from Lamb ?.... :eek:

lamb has already shaken him multiple times. also kurt cousins was insistent on throwing up back foot duck wobblers like he was playing a game of 500. impressive performance, but context required.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Congrats to the Eagles and 25% of this board on their week 2 championship.

Praxit

Reaction score
..haha.. Yep, you know it was coming. Humans are perfect species for priming factors.

I watched some of the game last night.

Viks have had no game plan for hurts.

They rushed 4 most of the time, given hurts ample time to scan field. Scared to blitz I suppose

They're Lb's just flat out could not cover

Cousins was off that night. Every QB has their days.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I love it!!!!! The bootleg version of the Baltimore Raven are now the Super Bowl favorites. The Talking Heads are crowing. Like I thought the Cowboys would get no credit for beating the Bengals but the Eagles get credit for stopping Cousins. I am calling it right now. The Commanders will beat the Eagles next Sunday. For the fake Cowboys fan on the Zone who love the Eagles, Hurts is not taking less money then Murray.
Yikes !!!
The Deadskins vs the Egirls !
I want them both to lose!
Maybe a tie ?

Sydla

Reaction score
They beat a team coming off 3 wins last year and 8 wins. They were better than both of these teams before any moves were made.

Ya, without a doubt we are better than them. I need Dak to beat Philly though, he should be back by then.

Again, it's not just their two games. On paper, they were much improved over a team that won 9 games last year. Why are you discounting that?

I hope but playing the odds, it's unlikely we sweep them again in 2022. My instinct was always a split - lose up there, win down here.

tunahelper

Reaction score
mr tunahelper------ i hope you are DEAD WRONG when week 17 comes.....one time i was a Sheagle Lover....in 2017 when they beat Pats in SB....

I hope I am dead wrong as well. Eagles have the better OL, DL, and skill players. QB's may be a lot closer than originally thought? To me, this will dictate the division winner. Is Dak able to play at a high enough level to override the other defiencies on the team?

Toro9

Reaction score
I love the Cowboys so I hate the Eagles, obviously but even his rookie year, I saw that Hurts might turn out to be a player. Tbh, I kinda like him a little bit - as a player.

Jimbo123

Reaction score

Is our OL better?
Are our receivers better?
Is our QB better?
Is our DL better?
Is our LB GROUP better?
Is our Secondary better?
is our ST better?
Is our running game better?

Last edited:

nobody

Reaction score

Let the media crown them. It just inspires other teams to take them down and fills their heads with the wrong message.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
"helped Hurts" sounds like an oxymoron lol

We don't know if he has helped or not yet. They blew out two garbage pail defenses. For perspective...they beat the Lions last year like 38-3.

True test is vs Dallas.

As i stated initially ..it will take Burkes 8 or so games for it to start slowing down for him. This will be interesting to track for the rest of the season.
How can a 21-ranked team be a true test for a 3rd rank team?